PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday 30th August 2013 - Double Update - Part 2

Mysticpuma
Aug-30-2013, 15:57
Bet you thought you'd seen both of the updates? ;)

So a lot of you like the new ground/map effects (plus the hidden extra at the end of the first one?) but some of you may like to see a little bit of 'action'.

Currently we are working on a new flak effect with much more impressive looking Flak smoke and also an explosive flash as it detonates.

Here is another short video put together to show "Flak Alley". No real pilots were hurt making this footage...but sadly quite a few virtual pilots never made it back :(

Enjoy today's second update...next-week, the new LoD effect allowing aircraft to stay visible as they move into the distance, rather than disappearing as they currently do.

For now though....here's "Flak Alley". All footage is WiP and subject to change as we transition to the final version of TF v4.00.

Cheers, TF.

https://vimeo.com/72925039

https://vimeo.com/72925039

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-30-2013, 16:32
Good stuff. That flak looks -- and sounds -- dangerous now! :thumbsup:

Sandy1942
Aug-30-2013, 16:41
It didn't seem to me (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5268&p=54340&viewfull=1#post54340)! Perfectly, guys! :dthumb:

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-30-2013, 17:08
:stunned: Wow!! imagine the light show at night! :-) GREAT WORK TF!

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-30-2013, 17:17
Just watched the video again to see what you were hinting at MP.. very nice how the LOD bubble slowly fades in and out instead of Now it's there Now its not.. :) If it is possible to make it just a tad bit slower..without killing FPS, It would virtually be invisible to the eye. As it is now.. I had to look at it twice to see it .. :thumbsup: :salute: Awesome work fellas!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-30-2013, 17:19
If it is possible to make it just a tad bit slower..without killing FPS...

Maybe in the future, at the moment, this is pretty close to what you'll get for TF 4.0.

A huge improvement over standard, and as you say, you need to look hard to notice.

DUI
Aug-30-2013, 17:32
Wow, looks great! The second reason for me (the first were the spotlights) to try a night mission at least once. :)

Roblex
Aug-30-2013, 17:50
Awesome stuff! Does all that flack not cause a big drop in FPS? I have always found the small amount of flack we already have can have a noticeable effect on framerates so the amount shown in the video would be unworkable for me in the present game. Have the other changes in the new patch made heavy flak less of a problem?

philip.ed
Aug-30-2013, 18:03
Bloody marvelous.

Mattias
Aug-30-2013, 18:38
Awesome stuff! Does all that flack not cause a big drop in FPS? I have always found the small amount of flack we already have can have a noticeable effect on framerates so the amount shown in the video would be unworkable for me in the present game. Have the other changes in the new patch made heavy flak less of a problem?

:salute:

All smoke effects have been made easier on the system now :thumbsup: But of course, if you have hundreds of flak bursts going off at once it might still eat some FPS :)

ATAG_JTDawg
Aug-30-2013, 18:45
:salute:

All smoke effects have been made easier on the system now :thumbsup: But of course, if you have hundreds of flak bursts going off at once it might still eat some FPS :)

I have always said you can't have enough flak , just love it , :iloveu:

vranac
Aug-30-2013, 18:46
Great stuff guys :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-30-2013, 18:46
Magical....~S~

priller26
Aug-30-2013, 19:06
Great stuff, now THAT is the flak that has been missing, the detonations, the diminishing smoke as they disperse, and of course the sound...always was of the opinion the original flak was more show than go, and this is certainly what was needed! :salute::salute:

Ohms
Aug-30-2013, 19:24
Will only fly on my side of the channel now!!:devilish:

Wulf
Aug-30-2013, 20:16
Yes that looks much better. But are you able to say what the effective blast radius of the heavy 88mm and 3.5in would be? Some of those shells appeared to detonate quite close to the aircraft with little or no effect.

Flanker15
Aug-30-2013, 21:03
Looks good!
Got me thinking: is it possible/realistic to have the flak flashes light up nearby planes and inside their cockpit?

Skoshi_Tiger
Aug-30-2013, 21:44
All I can say is WOW!

Those low level Blenheim missions are going to turn into something special with that flack!

Thank you TF!

Kling
Aug-30-2013, 22:41
Stunning work TF!!!

LcSummers
Aug-31-2013, 00:55
You guys are fantastic good. Great vids and great job!!!:-)

S!!!

Tinus
Aug-31-2013, 16:03
Looks good and great sounds!!
It would also be nice if the puff smokes could have a slow spread/dissolve function?

ericshark
Aug-31-2013, 16:10
good job l equipe :thumbsup: