PDA

View Full Version : Luthier's announcement Sep 1st

ATAG_Colander
Sep-01-2013, 13:54
Read it here:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855052#post1855052

Foul Ole Ron
Sep-01-2013, 14:56
Looks very interesting. Will definitely be backing on KS. Getting some of those planes done to the study sim level will be a lot of fun - some real classic birds there. So looks like the initial WW2 world would have the P51, FW-190 D9, some Spitfire variant (Mk IX probably?), some 109 variant (G or K), P47 and the 262 as flyable. Would be great if they hit those stretch goals - getting a study level Mosquito would be awesome.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Sep-01-2013, 15:41
Looks very interesting. Will definitely be backing on KS. Getting some of those planes done to the study sim level will be a lot of fun - some real classic birds there. So looks like the initial WW2 world would have the P51, FW-190 D9, some Spitfire variant (Mk IX probably?), some 109 variant (G or K), P47 and the 262 as flyable. Would be great if they hit those stretch goals - getting a study level Mosquito would be awesome.

It doesn't look like the number of flyables you note will be available.

The promo says:

Players will attack enemy ground vehicles in the famous P-47 Thunderbolt in the Battle of Falaise, or intercept waves of B-17 Flying Fortresses in their Messerschmitt Bf.109; or attempt to fend off incredible new Me.262 jet fighters in their suddenly slow and obsolete propeller-driven Spitfires.

Others may be added later.

I assume DCS will enable the existing P-51 for use on this map.

Dutch
Sep-01-2013, 16:07
Wonder how the kickstarter will take shape. Whether it'll be a buy your aircraft now kind of thing, and give us a choice.

I suppose the '44 planes that the fighter collection have full access to will be first on the agenda. I'll be buying my Spit MkXIVe if so. On the other hand, Sally B is based there too.....drool.......

baronWastelan
Sep-01-2013, 16:56
BoS has serious competition now, let's see what 777 can deliver. I haven't been overly impressed with RoF, so 777 really need to pull out all the stops and get details right by the time of the Official Release, if they expect to get any of my pesos. :D I look forward to the KS and will likely chip in -- it's a great idea and look forward to seeing them hit the goal.

Foul Ole Ron
Sep-01-2013, 17:09
It doesn't look like the number of flyables you note will be available

True looks like I misread about the 262. The rest should be there as ED will have the P51 and FW190 to chip in with the rest. Although it's going to be a separate install all the planes are interchangeable so it's a nice plane set to start off with. Some real iconic birds to fly at a (hopefully) study sim level.

Mysticpuma
Sep-01-2013, 17:15
Also maybe with Luthier onboard, possibility of a user friendly FMB and QMB. Basically a Campaign building tool/FMB/QMB tool will make a huge difference to it's life and playability.

I'll support this one though....it has a P-47.....what's not to love ;)

Skoshi_Tiger
Sep-01-2013, 20:26
Stayed up watching Unforgiven on the idiot box waiting for the announcement and ended having to go to bed. But it's good news to wake up to.

The late war Europe sounds very interesting. Might have to start brushing up on flying the P-51.

It does leave COD in a niche by itself. I recon that it will be a few years before anyone touches the early war again. Go Team Fusion!

Cheers!

Old_Canuck
Sep-02-2013, 00:21
Possible P-38, flyable B-17, P-47 "all theatres" which hopefully could mean a return to Pacific Theatre and carrier ops. with more details than ever.

This old bird wants to stay healthy and live long enough to fly this new stuff. My Dad was Canadian Air Force in WWII and I still regret not being able to show him what's happening in flight sims before he died.

3instein
Sep-02-2013, 02:12
Also maybe with Luthier onboard, possibility of a user friendly FMB and QMB. Basically a Campaign building tool/FMB/QMB tool will make a huge difference to it's life and playability.

I'll support this one though....it has a P-47.....what's not to love ;)

Hi guys,been a long time since I was here.Just in middle of trying to install TF mod to see what it can bring to a game I haven't played for over a year and noticed this post.Interesting info about the mission editor,from ED forums.

"Originally Posted by luthier1
We're not planning any changes to the mission editor for DCS WWII specifically."

Cheers guys,hope to spend a little more time here as what you have done for COD looks amazing,
Regards,
Mick. :thumbsup: :salute:

ATAG_Headshot
Sep-02-2013, 10:03
I am really excited about this already, but the possibility that they are going to add in the pacific theater blew my mind. I absolutely love the plane set there and carrier ops, and getting to try carrier ops with something like the DCS engine in an old prop plane would be amazing. The Corsair is my favorite plane too so I'm hoping we can see that someday.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Sep-02-2013, 15:19
It's September 2 and it's not finished yet?

:cussing:

This is taking way too long!

ATAG_Colander
Sep-02-2013, 17:30
It's September 2 and it's not finished yet?

:cussing:

This is taking way too long!

Two weeks, for sure.

Kodoss
Sep-03-2013, 01:49
What allways made me wonder is why you can't find a Gloster Meteor F.1/F.3 when you have an Ar 234, Me 262 or He 162.

It was more active in WWII (1 year at the 616th Squadron) then the P-80 (only 2 in Italy).

Tettric
Sep-08-2013, 12:01
What allways made me wonder is why you can't find a Gloster Meteor F.1/F.3 when you have an Ar 234, Me 262 or He 162.

It was more active in WWII (1 year at the 616th Squadron) then the P-80 (only 2 in Italy).

Historically the Meteors never flew against the 262s, I'm not sure about the Ar234 or the 162s but I do know that the were mainly active in Britain combating Doodlebugs along with the Tempests and Spitfire Mk 5s and or 9s (I can't remember which or if it were both).

Catseye
Sep-08-2013, 13:34
Possible P-38, flyable B-17, P-47 "all theatres" which hopefully could mean a return to Pacific Theatre and carrier ops. with more details than ever.

This old bird wants to stay healthy and live long enough to fly this new stuff. My Dad was Canadian Air Force in WWII and I still regret not being able to show him what's happening in flight sims before he died.

+1

potenz
Sep-09-2013, 15:58
Sad but true, after CloD, my trust on oleg and ilya is close to zero,
i will no spend one cent on something that comes from them, till it proven
To work like it should, i preordered CloD when it was aveilable, and was pure
deseption, so don't count on me in this one.

Hopefully i'll be proved wrong and i will regret this post.

Regs
Potz

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-09-2013, 16:05
Sad but true, after CloD, my trust on oleg and ilya is close to zero,
i will no spend one cent on something that comes from them, till it proven
To work like it should, i preordered CloD when it was aveilable, and was pure
deseption, so don't count on me in this one.

Hopefully i'll be proved wrong and i will regret this post.

Regs
Potz

I take it you've never played the original IL2? You know, the game that's regarded as probably the greatest combat sim of all time? Those same people made it. Just because they were FORCED to release an UNFINISHED product out the door, doesn't mean I'll ever forget the 1000's of hours I enjoyed playing their other titles.

And for the price of a few beers you were deceived? And if you think Cliffs of Dover is bad now, you clearly don't know anything about it.

Old_Canuck
Sep-09-2013, 16:13
+1

Since Team Fusion began modding CoD it's well worth the price of admission - even the original price of admission.

potenz
Sep-09-2013, 18:03
I take it you've never played the original IL2? You know, the game that's regarded as probably the greatest combat sim of all time? Those same people made it. Just because they were FORCED to release an UNFINISHED product out the door, doesn't mean I'll ever forget the 1000's of hours I enjoyed playing their other titles.

And for the price of a few beers you were deceived? And if you think Cliffs of Dover is bad now, you clearly don't know anything about it.

Don't take me wrong, i played IL-2, since 2001 also i modded il2 for many years with HolyGrail and Wolfighter, i know who Oleg and Ilya are
but as i said after 7+ years following the development of SoW later CloD, and the way it was released, oleg quiting the project and then
Ilya and stopping further support, my trust bar is really low, and i will no support this project as i did with CloD, i also know the quality of
DCS products as i played a few. as i said before i wanted to be proved wrong and regret this post, but as story was lately both devs, i don't feel
confident on put my trust on them again.

Just that IMO.

Ps: I played CloD for 160+ hours with TF patch, and waiting for the 4.0, but is not what it was supposed to be when i preordered it and
as i said above, the head of the project quiting and closing the project before does not give me any confidence on a new project from them
to put my money in a kick starter.

If the product proves to be good i will buy it and play it.

Regs

Potz