PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday Update September 6th 2013

Mysticpuma
Sep-06-2013, 02:41
Hello again everyone. Thanks for the feedback and interest in the continuing development of Team Fusion's next patch. Lots of work is going on behind the scenes aswe still endeavour to crush as many pesky bugs as we can and make the next patch one that will bring a huge advance in the IL2: Cliffs of Dover simulation.

This week we promised footage showing the new LoD in action. Sorry, but there's been a change of plan......nah! Just kidding ;)

Belwo are links to two video sequences that hopefully show the LoD transition and how it looks in practise.

It's tricky to really show the transition as the compression and online rendering doesn't do it justice, but it is fairly representative of how it plays out.

The videos can be viewed here, all created with TF v4.00 patch/update and all shot at 1920x1200 with all effects on high. CPU is a meagre i7 950 at stock speed of 3.06ghz, 6Gb of onboard ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-but and an Nvidia 670 GTX 4Gb video card with the latest WHQL 320.xx driver (for those who want to know the sstem used).

Today, as an added bonus, is a short 3-minute clip showing some footage captured and edited to music, in which you can see a few of the new features (not all are as obvious as the new zoom feature) which will be included in the next release ;)

LoD videos:

https://vimeo.com/73095034

https://vimeo.com/73095034

https://vimeo.com/73612550

https://vimeo.com/73612550

Zoom key + a couple of other features video:

https://vimeo.com/73807094

https://vimeo.com/73807094

As always, please leave feedback, it helps us know what you are thinking of our current work. Cheers, TF

RedToo
Sep-06-2013, 02:50
Excellent again TF!

RedToo.

Chivas
Sep-06-2013, 03:07
Wow

Chivas
Sep-06-2013, 03:07
Wow

JG5_Emil
Sep-06-2013, 03:11
Looks amazing

Sorry but I do have to ask...

Are we nearly there yet?

priller26
Sep-06-2013, 03:23
Simply amazing! :salute::salute:

Skoshi_Tiger
Sep-06-2013, 03:39
Thankyou very much!

It's looking great!

Combat Wombat
Sep-06-2013, 04:49
superb work Team Fusion,thank you.

keeno
Sep-06-2013, 05:05
Hi all,

for me this is the best update released so far, it looks quite simply - stunning! there are so many cool features i could go on and on. one thing though, when looking at your graphics compared to mine, i must get my pc updated and to have graphics like in the videos, i can't think of a better reason to shell out the cost. Thanks to all at TF and i'm looking forward to the next release. cheers.

Mattias
Sep-06-2013, 05:06
:popcorn2:

Are we nearly there yet?

Very soon :)
With great help from the beta testers we are currently making on the final adjustments to the most important part of any sim, namely the flight models :thumbsup:

JG5_Emil
Sep-06-2013, 05:19
Very excited here...unless all those beta testers are spitfire pilots :D

Mattias
Sep-06-2013, 05:26
Very excited here...unless all those beta testers are spitfire pilots :D

They are not :) I think we have a good and well balanced mix of red, blue and "neutral" :thumbsup:

jaydee
Sep-06-2013, 05:30
Absolutley astonishing and astounding !...The Lod problem was for me,the biggest deterent to flying online !....If you fly with TS,other eyes can help you, but if you fly alone and your contact Dissappears while your tracking him....next thing you see is tracer !!!!.....As Some famous pilot said "Lose Sight...Lose The Fight"..
Wonderful work Mystic and TF ! Compared to the COD I bought 2 years ago with a million frustrating issues just trying to Fly it,you have improved and enhanced COD to be "What it Should have Been" !....Exilarating !
Thank You TF ! ~S~

JG5_Emil
Sep-06-2013, 05:30
"neutral"

The Swiss are coming :D

Koala63
Sep-06-2013, 05:46
That last video is astounding. Gold. Nice work MP. Thanx TF.

EG14_Marcast
Sep-06-2013, 06:26
Great job! Will the new patch affect very much the system requirements? And...how can I have personal photos on the dashboard?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Sep-06-2013, 06:49
Great job! Will the new patch affect very much the system requirements?

It will not.
That is, if your existing machine can run the game, then you will not need new hardware.

You should* see improved performance with the new patch.

* likely, but not garunteed.

Royraiden
Sep-06-2013, 07:03
The last video was simply beautiful.:stunned:

oneeyeddog
Sep-06-2013, 08:41
Incredible! I'm really looking forward to this patch. Thanks very much for all your efforts. S!

ATAG_Knuckles
Sep-06-2013, 08:48
Absolutely stunning

But hey !!! how can I get a photo pasted in MY cockpit ????? that would be cool !!!!!

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-06-2013, 08:52
This looks very good!

For me, personally, I've never had a problem with bombers....it's those pesky little fighters that disappear/reappear in a dogfight that I've had problems with. If they no longer merge with the sky then suddenly reappear spitting death then I will be thoroughly impressed! :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Vertigo
Sep-06-2013, 09:05
Wow.
This looks amazing with the new lighting effects, clouds, etc..
You guys at TF are the coolest ..

V

zionid
Sep-06-2013, 09:06
Mind= blown.

I find it amusing, when this dude said "I expect the same as the War Thunder trailer, only with ingame graphics", and you guys delivered:D

This diamond in the rough is turning out to be a real crown jewel.

How this simulation is not THE mainstay online dogfighter is beyond me. Maybe you should have a kickstarter campaign aswell, to fund promotion;)

Awesome guys- eaglery awaiting patch.

Mattias
Sep-06-2013, 09:13
But hey !!! how can I get a photo pasted in MY cockpit ????? that would be cool !!!!!

You will be able to do so using the upcoming patch (and it will be described how you do it in the readme) :thumbsup:

For me, personally, I've never had a problem with bombers....it's those pesky little fighters that disappear/reappear in a dogfight that I've had problems with. If they no longer merge with the sky then suddenly reappear spitting death then I will be thoroughly impressed! :thumbsup:

You have a point there -the LOD fix works on fighters as well :)

ATAG_Naz
Sep-06-2013, 09:17
Fantastic fellas. Lovely videos again Mysticpuma, especially that last one. Superb.

ATAG_Freya
Sep-06-2013, 09:46
Nice work TF! You never cease to amaze me! This is gonna be a great winter. And late fall....? That third vid is outstanding! Great work, MP! I can't wait to actually be able to track rocket ships, er I mean 109s when they BnZ me. At least I can see them as they kill me, haha. Kill me to death. In the vids it seemed like lower alt contacts over the ground were easier to see too, though it could be just strong coffee talking...

Cheers,
Freya

vranac
Sep-06-2013, 10:00
Thanks ! Fantastic third video :thumbsup:

selev
Sep-06-2013, 11:13
AWESOME TF, absolutely awesome, chinbouncing stuff to be sure:salute:

ATAG_Colander
Sep-06-2013, 11:15
Are we nearly there yet?

We are close but the patch has so many changes and additions that bugs are constantly being found and some of them take time to correct.
So you have an idea, we are talking about an almost 2GB patch!

In other words, not in two weeks, for sure :D

Lensman
Sep-06-2013, 11:53
Fab fab fab! :)

omg..the third vid...MP you never cease to amaze with your artistry!

Zappatime
Sep-06-2013, 11:55
2Gb patch! blimey TF have been busy, vids look really good, we are not worthy:nw:

1/3_vszd_Tazar
Sep-06-2013, 11:57
Super! Amazing! Perfect!

Just one issue, and not about the LOD problem.

Did you record the second film in full realism settings? The Spit was hit by the 111's several times. And it had no noticeable problem. Only the oil on the windshiled. No shaking, no problem with the rpm.

Mattias
Sep-06-2013, 12:10
We are close but the patch has so many changes and additions that bugs are constantly being found and some of them take time to correct.
So you have an idea, we are talking about an almost 2GB patch!

It will take two weeks for you to upload the patch roflmao

ATAG_Colander
Sep-06-2013, 12:12
It will take two weeks for you to upload the patch roflmao

If we're lucky!

I need a kickstarter to upgrade my link :D

Borsch
Sep-06-2013, 13:52
Great, great stuff! LODs seem to be much much better! Zoom funciton will be most usefull too!

Wow... Thank You, TF! :thumbsup:

Ioshic
Sep-06-2013, 15:13
Great news! Thank you so much guys for all your work there.

:thumbsup:

Oersted
Sep-06-2013, 15:50
Great update and lovely to see someone else use the visual feast of slow-mo in a CoD video.... - So many details of the sim become apparent.

My humble slow-mo effort from half a year ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Wuknd8Q60

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Sep-06-2013, 16:37
two weeks, for sure :D

:-P

ATAG_Colander
Sep-06-2013, 16:44

Just to avoid any confusion :D

Mattias
Sep-06-2013, 16:56
Are you a journalist by profession NakedSquirrel? :)

Mattias
Sep-06-2013, 17:39
Great update and lovely to see someone else use the visual feast of slow-mo in a CoD video.... - So many details of the sim become apparent.

Nice vid Oersted :salute:

I read in the end credits that Cpt. Farrel made the skins -you will see much more of his work soon :)

StiC
Sep-06-2013, 18:15
Thanks T.F.!

Are the moving control surfaces part of the patch, or have I just been blind to them all this time?

StiC

ATAG_Lewis
Sep-06-2013, 21:04
Beautiful...there are some changes there that are making the footage look more and more realistic....very nice....~S~

gavagai
Sep-06-2013, 21:34
The best things about this patch: the LoD fix, the LoD fix, and the LoD fix.

Nice work!:thumbsup:

Uwe
Sep-07-2013, 00:01
Looks like you all toned down the ridiculous stock gunfire effects!

Basha
Sep-07-2013, 03:34
Superb!! man hugs for all of TF :thumbsup::)

RedBeard
Sep-07-2013, 04:19
Just Great!

FAE_Cazador
Sep-07-2013, 06:23
Awesome videos, Mystic, a stunning work, specially the third, like Oersted's. A excellent work by TF!. Oh My God, ,2GB patch!, I cannot understand how the SIM was released in such uncompleted and bugged condition! What a huge pressure the devs had to suffer ! I believe they got to be very dissapointed!

keeno
Sep-07-2013, 06:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Wuknd8Q60

Oersted,

I loved the slow motion flight video. I watch it over a nice hot cup of tea, very relaxing and a great kill. Cheers.

JG5_Emil
Sep-07-2013, 08:12
I'm curious about something regarding the LOD fix, will aircraft models be drawn at longer distances or is it just the transition?

Looking forward to it either way.

Kling
Sep-07-2013, 09:09
I'm curious about something regarding the LOD fix, will aircraft models be drawn at longer distances or is it just the transition?

Looking forward to it either way.

As far as I was told the, the aircraft are actually drawn alot further out now. I.e the LOD actually has the shape of an aircraft alot further out compared to the current version of the game. And this without any FPS hit :)

JG5_Emil
Sep-07-2013, 09:23
As far as I was told the, the aircraft are actually drawn alot further out now. I.e the LOD actually has the shape of an aircraft alot further out compared to the current version of the game. And this without any FPS hit :)

:)

gavagai
Sep-07-2013, 12:55

Same story as RoF: developers drag their feet saying "what you are asking for is impossible or would bring machines to their knees."

Then someone actually tries it and sees that it is fine. Thank you TF.:thumbsup:

DUI
Sep-09-2013, 07:06
Beautiful videos - especially the third one!

"Not in two weeks, for sure"... :(

Tinus
Sep-09-2013, 12:22
Love it Neil, well done:thumbsup:

Faustnik
Sep-09-2013, 23:41
Looks great! :thumbsup:

Tvrdi
Sep-10-2013, 07:52
with every patch this sim gets better and better.....planes visibility (LOD sytem, vanishing dots) issue was pain in the arse for me from the start (im on 1920x1200) and now, hopefully, it will be fixed...
Awesome news and big thanks to TF team.

Oersted
Sep-10-2013, 10:57
I read in the end credits that Cpt. Farrel made the skins -you will see much more of his work soon :)

Ohh, fantastic! - 2 gigs of (partly) Cpt. Farrel goodness can only be good news for the patch!

- And thanks for watching all the way to the end credits... :D

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-10-2013, 11:57
Great stuff this ..... thanks :thumbsup: