PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Cheyenne
Sep-06-2013, 12:40
~S~ and Greetings to Cliffs Of Dover Community and ATAG
I finally have the COD installed and patch with TF 3.01. I tried a Single Mission and loved it.
Thank You Team Fusion for working on COD. If I didn't check out Team Fusion vid on youtube
I may not have gotten COD.
A little bit about myself. I am A Marine Combat Vet. Severed in the Marines from Sept 67 to Aug 71
Did Two Combat Tour Of Duty in Viet Nam, Whiskey Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marine Regiment.
My outfit was attached to the 2rd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment on Hill 55. In May of 1968 the
2rd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment and Whiskey Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marine Regiment was
pulled out of Viet Nam and sent to Subic Bay, Philippines and there we was form into Battalion 2/7.
On June 3o 1968 we went back to Viet Nam.
My second Tour Of Duty, I served with the 1st 175 Guns on Hill 34. From Feb. 13 1970 till Nov 30 1970
in which at that time the 1st 175 Guns was pulled out of Viet Nam and sent back to 29 Palms, Calf.

My Hobbies Building Model Planes from WW1 to Viet Nam. Sometimes I build Ships.
I been flying Air Combat Flight Sims since 1987. My 1st Air Combat Flight Sim was
Mircopose Knights of the Sky.

I am Married to a Filipino woman and have two daughters age 9 years old and 9 months old.
We live in Surigao City, Surigao Del Norte, Mindanao Island Philippines.

I hope to be able to fly with you people soon, once I get my joystick set up right.

~S~ Cheyenne

ATAG_Colander
Sep-06-2013, 12:44
Welcome Cheyenne :salute:

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-06-2013, 13:30
Welcome Cheyenne :salute:

+1 welcome to the skies

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-06-2013, 13:45
Welcome Cheyenne ..... and Welcome Home from a fellow Nam Vet USAF retired.

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8789/willeyspitwelcome.png

oneeyeddog
Sep-06-2013, 14:53
Welcome Cheyenne.

ATAG_Lewis
Sep-06-2013, 20:08
Welcome to the community and forums Cheyenne....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch...Dont worry too much getting shot down on line..it takes a few hours (or months in my case) to be competent...but its a really fun learning curve..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711
Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy

...lew...

ATAG_Deacon
Sep-07-2013, 06:40
~S~ Cheyenne,

Firstly, Semper Fi brother. I was a SARC out of 2nd Force...

Secondly, WELCOME HOME. Too many have not been given that respect, so :salute:
to you sir.

That goes for you too Chief, ~S~ and welcome home!

Thirdly, welcome to the addiction. I spent two years contracting in Afghanistan and
flying IL-2 1946 on a laptop with an old X-52. Follow Lew's guide and you'll be
cooking with gas.

Deacon

rollingstoned
Sep-07-2013, 12:50
~S~ and Greetings to Cliffs Of Dover Community and ATAG
I finally have the COD installed and patch with TF 3.01. I tried a Single Mission and loved it.
Thank You Team Fusion for working on COD. If I didn't check out Team Fusion vid on youtube
I may not have gotten COD.
A little bit about myself. I am A Marine Combat Vet. Severed in the Marines from Sept 67 to Aug 71
Did Two Combat Tour Of Duty in Viet Nam, Whiskey Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marine Regiment.
My outfit was attached to the 2rd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment on Hill 55. In May of 1968 the
2rd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment and Whiskey Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marine Regiment was
pulled out of Viet Nam and sent to Subic Bay, Philippines and there we was form into Battalion 2/7.
On June 3o 1968 we went back to Viet Nam.
My second Tour Of Duty, I served with the 1st 175 Guns on Hill 34. From Feb. 13 1970 till Nov 30 1970
in which at that time the 1st 175 Guns was pulled out of Viet Nam and sent back to 29 Palms, Calf.

My Hobbies Building Model Planes from WW1 to Viet Nam. Sometimes I build Ships.
I been flying Air Combat Flight Sims since 1987. My 1st Air Combat Flight Sim was
Mircopose Knights of the Sky.

I am Married to a Filipino woman and have two daughters age 9 years old and 9 months old.
We live in Surigao City, Surigao Del Norte, Mindanao Island Philippines.

I hope to be able to fly with you people soon, once I get my joystick set up right.

~S~ Cheyenne

Welcome my friend!

DRock
Sep-09-2013, 04:09
Nice to meet you, Cheyenne.

Good to have you with us.:salute:

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock