PDA

View Full Version : Black line over water?

jlan5031
Sep-07-2013, 19:32
It's difficult to describe. Since I re-verified and reinstalled TF 3.01, I've noticed when over land or water, a series of straight lines, connected by angles, seem to surround my aircraft. As I advance, the line moves ahead of me, changing angles to keep the same distance away. The line is invisible behind clouds. This line doesn't appear in the Malta mod or Rise of Flight.Any ideas?

1lokos
Sep-07-2013, 20:25
What video card?

Something similar, but white lines is common with ATI 7XXX series, since the last oficial MG Patch.

Sokol1

jlan5031
Sep-07-2013, 21:43
The card I use is NVIDIA 680. Im not sure it's a card problem. It doesn't occur in the COD Malta mod or in Rise of Flight.

Kling
Sep-08-2013, 05:04
We need to see a picture of it to be able to help! ;)

jlan5031
Sep-08-2013, 14:07
Thanks for responding.
Well, I managed to take some screen shots. I tried copy and paste to include them her without success. How is that done?

jlan5031
Sep-08-2013, 15:31
I solved the problem by reinstalling TF 3/0 and 3.01 over the old installs, and the lines disappeared. I don't know why, but I did learn how to take and find screenshots. I puttered around for awhile but never did learn how to get them here.

1lokos
Sep-08-2013, 16:20
Jlan,

Save your pictires as JPEG, go to some site that host pictures, eg. www.tinypic.com, www.imageshack.us .... and upload your pictures.

Copy the link provide on final of process an past in your forum messages.

Sokol1

Dutch
Sep-08-2013, 16:55
Thanks for responding.
Well, I managed to take some screen shots. I tried copy and paste to include them her without success. How is that done?

When you post, there are three 'menu bars'. The second one down, with the 'B' 'I' 'U' options, has a 'insert image' icon. Just run your mouse over each one and you'll see it. Click that, then it gives you two tabs, one to upload from your computer, one to upload from a URL. Click your computer, then click 'select file', find the screenshot then click 'upload file'. This will include your shot in the post. It'll make more sense when you respond to this post. If you want to, that is. :D

jlan5031
Sep-10-2013, 18:47
ATAG_Dutch,
The letters and numbers above are the result of several days of searching and getting some help about how to change a *.bmp file into a *.jpg file. It represents a screen shot of the problem. However, since I reinstalled the TF Mods, the problem has disappeared. The above doesn't look right to me, but what do I know.

jlan5031
Sep-10-2013, 18:50
Well, by golly, it worked!

1lokos
Sep-10-2013, 20:53
Well, by golly, it worked!

Ah, basically the same what happen with ATI cards, but instead white, black lines.
It's a bug of release version, corrected on some patch, but came back in "Loft" patch
or in the previous.

Fortunately - as Nvidia user - you find solution. :thumbsup:

ATi... :(

BTW - to ease deal with printscreen pictures (convert, resize, cut, basic filters...) use IrfanView (www.irfanview.com).

Sokol1

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-11-2013, 11:40
By golly I haven't seen that problem in awhile (personally). I use an NVIDIA 560 2gig overclocked and don't see it now But I have with earlier cards. And yours is or should be much better than mine.