PDA

View Full Version : DCS Steam sale 70% off 09/09/13

Archie
Sep-09-2013, 03:41
Steam is running a sale today on DCS modules, 70% off! Sale starts at 18.00 GMT/10AM PST ( I think :recon: )

70% OFF!

:)

Tvrdi
Sep-09-2013, 05:02
wohoo....P51 for me...

tnx

Royraiden
Sep-09-2013, 07:55
I suggest to anyone who had not bought the P-51 to take advantage of this deal and get it. Hopefully after more people get to experience the level of detail of that DCS module they will back up the kickstarter.

Recoilfx
Sep-09-2013, 08:23
Hehe, get ready for a rude awakening to accelerated stalls, crazy torque during take offs and bouncy landings... The P-51D really makes the flying aspect of CloD look tame....

Archie
Sep-09-2013, 08:27
I do wonder how we are all going to cope! Will even CoD start feeling a bit 'arcade'... :joystick:

gavagai
Sep-09-2013, 08:53
Already have the P-51. Nice sale, too bad it's from Steam.:P

Archie
Sep-09-2013, 08:56
From what I can tell, you but it from steam, then start the install just long enough to get the key, cancel it then D/L and install from the ED site, and add the key there.No idea if it works, will try it later! The P51 for under £10 sounds like a bargain.

ElGringo
Sep-09-2013, 10:22
And I bought the p-51d two days ago... :doh:

ishtmail
Sep-09-2013, 10:55
Now if they only added Mi8 to Steam today, and included it in the sale...:-P

Bounder!
Sep-09-2013, 11:01
I suggest to anyone who had not bought the P-51 to take advantage of this deal and get it. Hopefully after more people get to experience the level of detail of that DCS module they will back up the kickstarter.

Hehe, get ready for a rude awakening to accelerated stalls, crazy torque during take offs and bouncy landings... The P-51D really makes the flying aspect of CloD look tame....

This and this^

I bought my copy before on a sale but it's well worth the full price. There are great training programs in the sim (best I've ever seen by a big margin) that really help you get to grips with the added complexity and includes a campaign style set of missions that cover everything from full engine start to landing in cross winds, and gunnery practice of land and air targets. Would highly recommend getting the DCS P-51 and you'll see just why people are so excited about the development of this into a full WW2 combat flight package.

Old_Canuck
Sep-09-2013, 11:28
And I bought the p-51d two days ago... :doh:

Same here. Oh well, at least our version hasn't been Steamified. Agree with Bounder. The manual and tutorial are excellent. Flight model in Sim mode is the most challenging I've ever experienced. With the Edge terrain coming up and this level of quality for WWII aircraft models, it's going to be a good ride if we can reach that Kickstarter goal.

APPEAL TO ALL DCS JET JOCKEYS. Support your little brothers in the prop planes .. even if you don't plan to fly them much. KICK IT.

AKA_Recon
Sep-09-2013, 15:31
good catch - thanks for heads up!!!

AKA_Recon
Sep-09-2013, 15:32
E-shop

E-Shop is closed for maintenance.

AKA_Recon
Sep-09-2013, 15:44
nevermind, I see it's through steam :)

kopperdrake
Sep-09-2013, 16:05
Well I just know I won't get time to play it, but at that price I need to see what all the fuss is about :) I've already chipped in for DCS WWII, in the desperate hope we may get a Typhoon or <tremble> a Mossie :D

Archie
Sep-09-2013, 17:50
Bought the '51, installed it, sat in it, thought 'Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu' and decided to wait until I have a bit more time...:)

Foul Ole Ron
Sep-09-2013, 18:01
You're lucky you didn't buy the A10-C. First time you sit in that beautiful looking cockpit with all those switches where virtually every single one is clickable and does something it's a curious mixture of glee and despondency as you realise just how long it's going to take to figure even a quarter of it out.

Archie
Sep-09-2013, 18:52
I watched that video from Human Vegetable lol, that told me all about the A10, and how competent I would be in it...

VMF214_Jupp
Sep-10-2013, 00:19
~S~ I can confirm that you need only to use the CD Keys from the Steam Library once you purchase them from Steam.
Install DCS World on Steam then get the CD Keys from whatever Modules you choose, then install the DCS Website Downloads for each and install via the Multiplayer cue.
I did this for the Combined Arms, UH-1 Huey, and the P-51 today thanks to this great sale, and installed them as above so there's no need to run Steam at all to enjoy them.

Combat Wombat
Sep-10-2013, 01:39
just a heads up about activation of keys ,due to the amount of planes sold the keys that have been sent to activate them don't work :( and new ones are being sent,:D as for when I guess within 24hrs :grrr:

Archie
Sep-10-2013, 05:49
The Huey seems to have shot back up in price, yesterday it was 80% off! I think that was a mistake...

gavagai
Sep-10-2013, 09:18
Bought the '51, installed it, sat in it, thought 'Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu' and decided to wait until I have a bit more time...:)

You're going to love it. Seriously folks, the DCS P-51 is what we've always wanted from a WW2 fighter flight sim. The only thing they made easy is to have the engine start up like a new Merlin instead of a 70 year old antique.

The tutorials are excellent and will teach you the cold start without fuss. With practice you'll be able to start up the engine in 2 minutes or less. It's a good thing that the procedures are not too complicated, because you'll need to spend more of your effort relearning takeoffs and landings.:)

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-10-2013, 17:19
You're going to love it. Seriously folks, the DCS P-51 is what we've always wanted from a WW2 fighter flight sim. The only thing they made easy is to have the engine start up like a new Merlin instead of a 70 year old antique.

The tutorials are excellent and will teach you the cold start without fuss. With practice you'll be able to start up the engine in 2 minutes or less. It's a good thing that the procedures are not too complicated, because you'll need to spend more of your effort relearning takeoffs and landings.:)

Yeah - it's amazing how much feeling of flight you have. I'm used to getting immersion from looking at all your surroundings and the situation / environment you are in for flying. Just flying that 51 is soo immersive in itself, you almost forget it has guns, let alone finding an opponent to shoot at.

The learning curve is just tremendous, but in a good way.

UpsilonCrux
Sep-11-2013, 09:36
I guess I'll get that P-51D then....

(I'm ashamed to admit that I have the A-10C and I've had much the same experience as HumanVegetable, only just less funny.)

Old_Canuck
Sep-11-2013, 19:20
Finally made a three point landing in the Pony with no bounces. Wont say how many attempts.

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-11-2013, 20:22
Finally made a three point landing in the Pony with no bounces. Wont say how many attempts.

Good one, O.C.!

After neglecting DCS all summer I finally updated to v. 1.26 -- a 2.7 gig download!!!! Take offs don't seem as squirrelly to me now. :D