PDA

View Full Version : Operation Homeplate Aircraft InFlight Bug

AKA_Recon
Sep-13-2013, 22:56
Tonight flying He-111 in mid flight, around 2.5km my plane literally disappeared and I had to re-spawn. Happened to me twice. On the second time, at the same exact time, my squadmate following me in a 109 also disappeared.

There is something going on here

Salmo
Sep-15-2013, 02:50
Tonight flying He-111 in mid flight, around 2.5km my plane literally disappeared and I had to re-spawn. Happened to me twice. On the second time, at the same exact time, my squadmate following me in a 109 also disappeared.

There is something going on here

Keller has also reported this issue in a he111. I'm trying to track it down. Can you advise the following...

1. Does it only occur witht he he111?
2. Exactly where on the map did it occur. Does it occur at same place & no-where else? Give me some geography.
3. Is it repeatable?
4. What plane position were you in? Pilot, bomberdier, gunner?

Roblex
Sep-15-2013, 03:23
I have never seen a He111 disappear but it happens with 109s all the time; I thought they had Romulan cloaking devices :D No I am not talking about LOD, I am talking about aircraft vanishing at less than 500yds. I wonder sometimes if some people have found some way of generating a 'super lag' that allows them to get out of the area before re-appearing!

At the weekend I destroyed the engine and radiator of a 109 at 100ft above the sea and 5 seconds after overshooting him he had vanished despite having a thick trail of glycol & smoke. No kill ever appeared. Perhaps I somehow managed to mislay him until he got out of range but I often hear people swearing on comms because the 109 they were about to open fire on has suddenly blinked out of existence before their very eyes :D

Salmo
Sep-15-2013, 04:33
I've sent what I hope is a script-fix to Bliss for uploading onto server for Op. Homeplate. Let me know if problem persists.

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Sep-15-2013, 17:39
Salmo,

Just some more info for you. This happened again today. I was in an 88 and it happened. Keller observed that it seems to occur when an aircraft exceeds the grid on the map. Is that what your update addressed?

-Fear

Salmo
Sep-15-2013, 17:54
Salmo,

Just some more info for you. This happened again today. I was in an 88 and it happened. Keller observed that it seems to occur when an aircraft exceeds the grid on the map. Is that what your update addressed?

-Fear

The script is supposed to despawn Ai planes when they fly more than about 30-40km inland of the French coast. I suspect that it was also despawning human-planes as well. When Bliss loads the fix onto the server, it should only despawn Ai planes.

AKA_Recon
Sep-22-2013, 20:57
sorry, created new thread, but this happened again to me.

It's so far always been with He111 H-2

1. Does it only occur witht he he111?
2. Exactly where on the map did it occur. Does it occur at same place & no-where else? Give me some geography.
3. Is it repeatable?
4. What plane position were you in? Pilot, bomberdier, gunner?

1. yes for me, but that is all I fly on German side
2. close to the spawn base point - I take off, sometimes it's within 10 minutes, others, within a few - tonight was in about 3 minutes (always when airborne)
3. seems random. but enough times to make me not want to fly - happened 3 times in a row one night. Tonight is first on first sortie, I'll try again
4. I switch around, I believe it was in pilot seat

AKA_Recon
Sep-22-2013, 20:58
The script is supposed to despawn Ai planes when they fly more than about 30-40km inland of the French coast. I suspect that it was also despawning human-planes as well. When Bliss loads the fix onto the server, it should only despawn Ai planes.

perhaps turn this off for now?

SoW Reddog
Sep-23-2013, 04:06
If you turn off the despawn, it'll kill the server so not sure that's an option.

I've had a Spitfire despawn on me just as I take off a few times, I've always presumed its because I've taxi'd somewhere fast enough for it to think I've taken off and then landed.