PDA

View Full Version : Ju88 bombing options

EG14_Marcast
Sep-16-2013, 03:52
Anybody knows if in Ju88 is possible to select two bomb bays together? I would drop bombs first from the two internal bomb bays together, keeping the external load for further actions, but I think to understand that you can only select one bomb bay at a time, or all three bomb bays together with salvo bombing.

ATAG_Freya
Sep-16-2013, 10:08
Good question, I've often wondered the same thing. What would happen if you selected all bomb bays, select 'series', and set series length to 18? (50 kgs bombs --> 8 in front bay, 10 in back bay I think) I'll try this tonight, if you try first let me know how you did it!

Cheers,
Freya

Edit __ its in the wiki methinks.

Torric270
Sep-16-2013, 12:18
If you take 28 50s, you can leave the bomb bay at default which is "all", select "series" and then choose to drop 24 with the distributor salvo quantity, which will leave you with 4 internal and 4 external. This is why I usually drop 2 sets of 14.

As Freya said, you could also load up with only 18 50s and set your series to 18 while leaving it on default "all".

You can also drop all of the bombs in "series" if you leave distributor salvo quantity at the default of "infinite", which will give you more of a spread as the bombs will drop from bomb bay 1, 2, then 3, plus whatever meter spread you have set in the distributor delay, instead of in a blob with a salvo drop.

Hope this helps

EG14_Marcast
Sep-16-2013, 18:13
If you take 28 50s, you can leave the bomb bay at default which is "all", select "series" and then choose to drop 24 with the distributor salvo quantity, which will leave you with 4 internal and 4 external. This is why I usually drop 2 sets of 14.

As Freya said, you could also load up with only 18 50s and set your series to 18 while leaving it on default "all".

You can also drop all of the bombs in "series" if you leave distributor salvo quantity at the default of "infinite", which will give you more of a spread as the bombs will drop from bomb bay 1, 2, then 3, plus whatever meter spread you have set in the distributor delay, instead of in a blob with a salvo drop.

Hope this helps

It works great, thanks again you both.

EG14_Marcast
Sep-21-2013, 09:20
Just another question. I would like to perform some high level bombing, but it happens often in online missions to find heavy clouds over the targets. So taking off with high level fuses is a risk, as the bombs don't explode it you are forced to a ground attack by the weather conditions. But what if I have low level delayed detonators? Do they work if I drop from high altitude?

1lokos
Sep-21-2013, 09:42
Find a alternative target. :thumbsup:

Or drop the bombs on Channel - ensuring that don't have a Norseman in your path. :)

Sokol1

EG14_Marcast
Sep-28-2013, 19:55
I made the test today. Low level fuses work also when dropping from high altitude (I tested 3000 m.)