PDA

View Full Version : Graphic settings constantly changing

DUI
Sep-19-2013, 18:11
Hi guys,

I am experiencing a very annoying problem with Cliffs of Dover for some months now: My low/medium graphich settings are changing now and then back to very high settings, leaving me flying with under 20 fps. The weird thing is that in options/video menu the settings are still at low/medium. I then change some settings, restart the game and change the settings back to my original ones. Normally, this does the trick, sometimes I have to repeat these steps.

The strange thing is that I cannot reproduce the error. What I know: As long as I have the game started the settings do not change. I can fly as many sorties as I like without problems. But when I close Cliffs of Dover (not necessarily Steam) there is a good chance that my medium graphic settings are changed back to high settings the next time I restart Cliffs of Dover.

To me it seems that the game is falling back to an old version of the graphic settings (strange though that the video menu does show the right ones). Might it have something to do with the Steam cloud?

Anyone having some ideas - every idea is welcomed! :salute:

Regards
DUI

Mattias
Sep-19-2013, 19:21
:salute:

I have not had this problem myself, but I feel your pain as my realism options sometimes get reverted back to the lowest setting after restarting Clod :D
I have no idea of why :ind:

Cheers/m

DUI
Sep-19-2013, 19:49
I would prefer your problem with the low realism settings over mine with the graphic settings.
At least, it would become easier to shoot down enemy planes - suffering from under 20 fps it definately is getting tougher. :)

Mattias
Sep-20-2013, 08:15
I would prefer your problem with the low realism settings over mine with the graphic settings.
At least, it would become easier to shoot down enemy planes - suffering from under 20 fps it definately is getting tougher. :)

True -makes me feel like an ace from time to time :)

Hubert Bigglesworth
Sep-20-2013, 18:55
Hi All.

Same problem as DUI for me too. I've been having this prob on and off for a long time, pre TF patches too. Game plays great for a long time 55-60fps and smooth with no probs, then one day I start the game play offline or mp and stutter every few seconds, 30-40fps, tracker feels really jerky... drives me nuts no visual difference in graphics quality. I check all the usual suspects in game video options all the same, sound the same, graphics card settings ok, temps ok, anti virus ok, no progs running in background, cleared cache, ran dot net repair and ran DXsetup and no difference! So once in despairation I changed some in game video options up a notch and the game ran smooth no stutter and good a 55-60fps but no visual difference in the graphics that I could see, changed the settings back down a notch to my original settings and still all smooth and good. So now everytime I get an unexplained session of stutters or a low frame rate this is the first thing I play with, and as DUI says some times you might have to play with the settings a few time before they stick. Very weird and makes me wonder what goes on behind that setting screen.

S!! Hub

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-20-2013, 19:47
Hi guys,

I am experiencing a very annoying problem with Cliffs of Dover for some months now: My low/medium graphich settings are changing now and then back to very high settings, leaving me flying with under 20 fps. The weird thing is that in options/video menu the settings are still at low/medium. I then change some settings, restart the game and change the settings back to my original ones. Normally, this does the trick, sometimes I have to repeat these steps.

The strange thing is that I cannot reproduce the error. What I know: As long as I have the game started the settings do not change. I can fly as many sorties as I like without problems. But when I close Cliffs of Dover (not necessarily Steam) there is a good chance that my medium graphic settings are changed back to high settings the next time I restart Cliffs of Dover.

To me it seems that the game is falling back to an old version of the graphic settings (strange though that the video menu does show the right ones). Might it have something to do with the Steam cloud?

Anyone having some ideas - every idea is welcomed! :salute:

Regards
DUI

How many versions of game do you have ?... and are you over riding ingame settings any where in your vid options , ( even for other games) An remember the game was optimized at med settings .... I have used Steam to save my settings from the start an never had a prob, I know others say they have. but it sounds like a conflict between windows an your game via your vid card settings, let me know I have a few more ideas salute

DUI
Sep-21-2013, 12:35
How many versions of game do you have ?

Only the TF 3.01 and the vanilla version.

...and are you over riding ingame settings any where in your vid options

Not that I know of. I do not have the Catalyst Control Center installed for my graphic card but I do have MSI Afterburner on my computer (though not running). To get absolutely sure I will deinstall it.

I have used Steam to save my settings from the start an never had a prob

What do you mean with "used Steam to save my settings" - sounds like worth trying.

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-21-2013, 15:52
Doing it this way saves my joy stick an in game vid settings, an gun load outs 44604459 :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-21-2013, 16:06
also you might want to put on ccc. , because it sounds like windows is over riding your in game settings , you can check most options with let application decide, then it will pick up your in game settings , not windows set up , if you know what I mean . :D