PDA

View Full Version : Unable to save progress

Hamm66
Sep-20-2013, 01:11
Has anyone else had this particular bug?

When I finish a mission and hit esc or right click 'return to menu' the game minimises to the task bar and freezes. No way out but cntl+alt+delete but everything else on the computer is working fine and no CPU usage. I am running 3.2 GHz with 8 GB RAM ATI Radeon 1 GB video card, tried the game stock (which freezes less but still freezes after a campaign mission) Modded with Team Fusion patch (feezes almost all the time) and even tried reducing the video down to nothing , which looked awful but still froze when trying to leave the mission. The game play is good while in mission at medium settings even with lots going on. I have already tried all the fixes I could find on the Team Fusion site to no avail.

Any insight?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Sep-20-2013, 04:07
Salute

I am not an expert in this area, but it is clearly something to do with your Windows settings, permissions, anti-virus or something like that.

If you can run the game fine during a mission, then you should not be getting these crashes when exiting.

Are you running the game windowed? That could be the problem.

Hamm66
Sep-20-2013, 13:51
Thanks for the brain start RAF74_Buzzsaw!

After much trial and error I have discovered that if I turn of 'real time virus protection' in Microsoft Security Essentials, change the setting of the 1c softclub folder in My Documents to turn 'read only' off and delete the 'cache' folder from My Documents/1c softclub/Il2 Sturmavik Cliffs of Dover MOD then I can save my progress at the end of each campaign mission.

As long as I stay in the game it works but I have to redo each of these steps before re-entering the game or I will still get the freeze when I attempt to leave the 3d environment.

Both exit methods work fine, Esc or right click 'return to menu' as long as I have followed the above steps.

I don't know if this is due to MSE virus protection, my (stupid) choice of W7 Premium Home version of Windows which continually sets my folders to protected (this has been a problem on many of my modded games) or a combination of these products.

I hope this helps someone else to run the game...now back to the Battle of Britain!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Sep-20-2013, 14:09
Thanks for the brain start RAF74_Buzzsaw!

After much trial and error I have discovered that if I turn of 'real time virus protection' in Microsoft Security Essentials, change the setting of the 1c softclub folder in My Documents to turn 'read only' off and delete the 'cache' folder from My Documents/1c softclub/Il2 Sturmavik Cliffs of Dover MOD then I can save my progress at the end of each campaign mission.

As long as I stay in the game it works but I have to redo each of these steps before re-entering the game or I will still get the freeze when I attempt to leave the 3d environment.

Both exit methods work fine, Esc or right click 'return to menu' as long as I have followed the above steps.

I don't know if this is due to MSE virus protection, my (stupid) choice of W7 Premium Home version of Windows which continually sets my folders to protected (this has been a problem on many of my modded games) or a combination of these products.

I hope this helps someone else to run the game...now back to the Battle of Britain!

Hey Hamm

I would suggest you looking at the 'exclusions' or 'allowed programs' or some of the other settings in your anti-virus and add the CoD start .exe to that. That will avoid having to turn off the anti-virus.

Re. the cache folder, you should not have to delete it unless you are switching back and forth between different modded versions.

Hamm66
Sep-20-2013, 18:19
Hiya Buzz

I have made the suggested exclusions but am to knackered to fly anymore tonight.

Thanks for the pointers.

Will post my findings when I get back in the game.

Its a bit like flying through barrage balloons in the dark, init!

Hamm66
Sep-21-2013, 15:27
Well I have gone in and out of the game with just the suggested exclusion in my anti-virus and so far so good!

No crashes and save game info still intact.

Thanks RAF74_Buzzsaw!