PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak first timer

keeno
Sep-28-2013, 11:54
Hi guys,

ok to having played offline cliffs since it came out i finally had a go online, 1st flight never really saw a soul apart from 1 spit who appeared on my tail from no where and scared the crap out of me. So i thought "teamspeak, thats the way to go!". anyway I've set it up and tried online but never heard a soul or got a reply when i transmitted a greeting. can someone please give me a brief pointer on how to proceed once i've enter ATAG online via the teamspeak3 icon on my desktop. any help is much appreciated as i'm loving it even though nothing has happened, i think i need teamspeak to locate the enemy as the maps huge from the air. Cheers

DRock
Sep-28-2013, 12:23
Hi Keeno,

After you enter the ATAG channel, select either Allied or Axis under the first sub-heading IL2.

Make sure your mic is working in the settings area in TS, and that you have a hot key set for mic activation.

Also, make sure that someone is in the channel with you.

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock

keeno
Sep-28-2013, 12:29
Thanks rock, i got it to work. ok another question. my name appears on the list of people online when picking sides, how do i get it to show my nickname instead. cheers

DRock
Sep-28-2013, 12:42
When you log into TS, change account nickname in settings.

I think you can also right click mouse on your name in the TS channel and change it there, although it may reset to account name next time you log on.

I will find where to change that in the next hour, when I get home.

ATAG_DRock

keeno
Sep-28-2013, 12:52
Thanks again,

I got it, i had to change my account name in steam. just need to kick some ass now, or is it get my ass kicked!!!!

Accipiter
Oct-06-2013, 12:54
Hi, I'm also new to TS and having some problems. I've got it set up OK, ( I think) but can't get any comms with anyone else.
I log in as described by _Drock, below, go to a channel with someone's nickname shown, but he obviously can't hear me and I can't hear him saying anything.

I'm not using a press to talk hot key, just the mute button.

and what does the blue circle next to someone's nickname mean?

I've just come off line, flying as Manfred.

Thanks in advance.

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-06-2013, 13:05
The blue circle = when it lights up that person is speaking, Use the set up wizard in settings. (on TS) Pick a key for push to talk. you can also right click on someone's name an poke them with a message so they can talk you through a couple other things that could be set up wrong Salute :thumbsup:

Accipiter
Oct-07-2013, 05:01
OK, I found out what was wrong. I had the "Away" button activated. Thanks Dawg.

But another question, can one keep the TS window open/available while playing COD? When I open the game the TS window disappears.

Thanks.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-07-2013, 05:21
But another question, can one keep the TS window open/available while playing COD? When I open the game the TS window disappears.

No. There are some "overlay" programs so you can see, on-creen who is talking, but these tend to crash the game.

The best solutions to help with knowing who is talking are;

1. To learn the voices of different people (to help ID them),

2. To use proper radio procedure, and identify yourself when speaking.

3. Run TS on a second screen.