PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you all ..

Old_Canuck
Sep-29-2013, 17:23
.. just posted this on the Kickstarter page:

I'm posting my online handle so anyone who knows me can hold me accountable to the following: I promise to double down my original pledge as soon as Paypal is active on this project ... and I challenge all you hard core enthusiasts to do the same. - ATAG_Old_Canuck
BTW, this was not an easy decision. Recently retired and living on a very small fixed income.

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-29-2013, 17:43
:thumbsup: on a fixed income , yep tell me about it. . best I can do as I said is pay shipping an gift a 40.00 copy , that's a total of 152.50

Tempered
Sep-29-2013, 19:10
At $75, I'm tapped out. I've done all I can to spread the word to as many forums as possible.

ATAG_Knuckles
Sep-29-2013, 22:55
I really don't think it's the amount, just the fact that you guys have stepped up and contributed, that inspires others, I certainly understand, I'm a retired prison guard !!

Chuck_Owl
Sep-29-2013, 22:55
I'm now at 275, Canuck... can't go any higher than that.

Old_Canuck
Sep-29-2013, 23:35
Not to make anyone feel guilty, fellas, just trying motivate someone .. don't know who for sure. Maybe it's desperation to move things up a notch but guys we already won the victory. Ilya and friends will soon be working on the first module of an Il-2 Sturmovik next generation. I can legally say that HAARRRRR.

Chuck_Owl
Sep-29-2013, 23:46
Not to make anyone feel guilty, fellas, just trying motivate someone .. don't know who for sure. Maybe it's desperation to move things up a notch but guys we already won the victory. Ilya and friends will soon be working on the first module of an Il-2 Sturmovik next generation. I can legally say that HAARRRRR.

For me, it's a middle finger raised right in the face of we-all-know-who-I'm-talking-about.

Great job. I feel like we've accomplished something by supporting this kickstarter.

=BKHZ=Furbs
Sep-30-2013, 00:13
For me, it's a middle finger raised right in the face of we-all-know-who-I'm-talking-about.

Great job. I feel like we've accomplished something by supporting this kickstarter.

I hope nobody accuses me of having a agenda again.

Chuck_Owl
Sep-30-2013, 00:30
I'm not sure I follow where you're going with that, Furbs. I don't mean to accuse you of anything.

"Someone" desperately wanted this project to fail. I won't name him, but those who know a bit about the "CloD affair" might have a pretty good idea of who I'm talking about.

What I mean is that the simple fact that the kickstarter succeeded due to our efforts and dedication (of ALL kickstarter supporters) feels great. My only agenda is not to see "other" sims fail. My only agenda is to see the flight sim market as a place of free market... where there is a healthy dose of competition. It applies to both DCS WWII and BoS.

=BKHZ=Furbs
Sep-30-2013, 04:45
Il PM you later Owl if thats ok?

Azref
Sep-30-2013, 07:09
Since I first pledged for DCS WWII my pledge has gone from $40 to $122, but sadly there is no way I can afford to put in any more $$. I'm on a very limited income as I can't work for long term health reasons, but am thrilled that the kickstarter has succeeded in reaching the $100k goal.

Still a few days left so they might still hit the $150k goal, although just having the possibility of a flyable Spit in DCS quality is worth it for me.

Chuck_Owl
Sep-30-2013, 07:23
Il PM you later Owl if thats ok?

No problem, Furbs.

Screamadelica
Sep-30-2013, 07:28
Started at $200, now up to $275 and I can't really go any higher at the moment. Although a DCS Hurricane would definitely give me a reason to do more damage to the credit card. The missus would kill me, but it would be worth it! :)

Robusti
Sep-30-2013, 07:34
I think most of us that could double our pledges, already have. I won't be quadrupling it thanks, Paypal or not..

Old_Canuck
Sep-30-2013, 11:30
Interesting responses. I did not mean to insult the "faithful." Apologies extended.

Revvin
Sep-30-2013, 13:14
Nice idea, I've already pledged what I can but having just been through a redundancy and getting back into work I may donate more later when I can via Paypal if they go that route

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-30-2013, 13:24
Interesting responses. I did not mean to insult the "faithful." Apologies extended. People that know you , know you meant no harm , but this is my reason :) http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=song++i'm+busted&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=D6A82A3340BB044ADA20D6A82A3340BB044ADA20

BlueHeron
Sep-30-2013, 15:10
Started at $100, bumping to $200 today. I've also started this appeal over at SimHQ but no response as of yet.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3843785/One_last_push_from_the_fans#Post3843785

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Sep-30-2013, 15:29
Yea, I upped my pledge from 40 to 110, but our best way to up the number of pledges is to spread the word

Tell people in your flightsim or other gaming communities about this game so they can have an opportunity to pledge. A 40$ pre order isn't a shabby deal, especially with a DCS level of detail. Ilya sounded like he wants to make tutorials more interesting and interactive, so it should be a fun game for new pilots who want to escape the monotony of FPS games or the arcade aspects of some of the other flight sims, tank games, ect, and immerse themselves with a rewarding, skill based genre.

It's a fun game and fun genre; get the word out there.

Mo people = Mo money

... and eventually mo people to shoot down :devilish:

Taxman
Sep-30-2013, 23:21
Started at a lower amount, but kicked it to $300.00, and I feel very good about it.:thumbsup:

I just get tired of reading posts as to why "I will not support X sim because I was screwed by so and so because he work on Y sim". Well I have often wondered who really had control of "Y sim". At least with DCS there appears to be a good control of the production of their products so for me that says it all.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-01-2013, 05:39
Ive done my bit...But I will be adding to that pledge before long

Old_Canuck
Oct-02-2013, 13:23
Paypal now active. Doubled down as promised. Will you guys do a flyby after my wife kills me? :(

ATAG_Headshot
Oct-02-2013, 14:01
Paypal now active. Doubled down as promised. Will you guys do a flyby after my wife kills me? :(

Sounds risky... She may try kill us too ;)

TWC_SLAG
Oct-02-2013, 14:19
I just added another $40, and I think its a good investment.

binky9

Old_Canuck
Oct-02-2013, 14:22
Sounds risky... She may try kill us too ;)

roflmao