PDA

View Full Version : Free Flyable Option: never too early ...

Old_Canuck
Oct-01-2013, 11:34
... never to early to have a discussion on pros and cons of which airplane to vote for. In ED forum they've started a thread which some feel is premature since we'll be voting after the KS is over. But it's good to weigh the options and have extra time to think it through. My vote was leaning towards the Jug because of it's forgiving nature on the landings. That could ease more new players into the experience. One poster gave a detailed reason for the Jug over the others including P-47 easier ground handling etc. and other posters gave reasonable arguments for the 109 and Spitfire. The P-47 is my opinion, what's yours.

http://youtu.be/dwVXV0bPTik

Royraiden
Oct-01-2013, 12:15
I also agree.The free plane needs to be as newbie friendly as possible.I think the Thunderbolt fits that role perfectly. Relatively easy to taxi, take off and land,can ground pound and take a beating while at it and still bring you back home plus it can stand its own in a dogfight.

Foul Ole Ron
Oct-01-2013, 12:27
Yep I'd agree with the Jug. For the all reasons mentioned above plus I think people will always pay for the Spit and 109 - good revenue stream from those two birds.

rjb1fgc
Oct-01-2013, 23:32
My choice too. We want the new players to at least "get home" ( in IL2 I still prefer the IL2 or the P-47)

Tomsk
Oct-02-2013, 09:26
Jug, for all the reasons people have mentioned above. The Spit would be okay (although Jug is better). The 109 is notoriously tricky on takeoff and landing due to those narrow landing gear, not a good beginner plane.

Also to my mind the Jug is the DCS WW2 equivalent of the SU-25 (the beginner plane in DCS World). A tough, reliable, uncomplicated, ground attack aircraft. Just as the SU-25 is a great beginner plane for DCS World, so the Jug is the best for DCS WW2.

Tempered
Oct-02-2013, 18:43
The thunderbolt is the obvious choice. Good, reliable aircraft with fighter and bomber capabilities. Not only that, but I think people will be willing to pay for the other aircraft more so than the P-47.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-02-2013, 20:13
I agree. The Jug is a great choice for the free ride.

Dutch
Oct-02-2013, 20:49
There are some really good arguments for all three.

My reason for not voting for the Thunderbolt is that I want to give them money for a Jug. I mean I really, really want to give them money for a Jug. I bought the P-51 at full price and I don't regret it for a minute.

A P-47, done to the same quality as the P-51? I'd insist on giving them money before I'd even seen it. Oh, hang on a minute, I have. But I want to give them more. :D

I don't mind which is the free one, but I'd rather pay for a P-47.....dribble......:recon:

Old_Canuck
Oct-02-2013, 21:26
There are some really good arguments for all three.

My reason for not voting for the Thunderbolt is that I want to give them money for a Jug. I mean I really, really want to give them money for a Jug. I bought the P-51 at full price and I don't regret it for a minute.

A P-47, done to the same quality as the P-51? I'd insist on giving them money before I'd even seen it. Oh, hang on a minute, I have. But I want to give them more. :D

I don't mind which is the free one, but I'd rather pay for a P-47.....dribble......:recon:

Ok Dutch - only because it's you - send me the money and I'll let you have one of my digital P-47s. But then again, just send me the money and I'll post a few screenies of me flying thg Jug.

Old_Canuck
Oct-05-2013, 02:25
Highest percentage voted for the Jug at ED. Seems like a shoe-in.

Roblex
Oct-05-2013, 03:38
Personally the aircraft I most want to fly is the Typhoon but I agree with reasons for having the Jug first (as long as the start work on what I really want, a tempest :-D )