PDA

View Full Version : Feel like a kid at Christmas

Old_Canuck
Oct-02-2013, 15:50
IMHO the KS (despite Ilya's struggles and adjustments) is a SLAM DUNK. I'm hitting the refresh button now waiting for backer number 2000.

Over 2000 backers!!! This made my day.

baronWastelan
Oct-02-2013, 16:09
Happy 2K!

150 is in sight. Here's hoping :-)

Chivas
Oct-02-2013, 17:17
They may have reached the 150 stretch goal, if it weren't for those removing their pledges. In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed daily pledges were in the minus each day before pledges finally turned to the plus side. Especially the day it reached almost one hundred pledges, and the total was only around 2000 dollars. I don't think any in this forum would do it, but hopefully Bliss will be able to confirm the pledge of the lucky guy who wins the rudder pedals when Kidkstarter closes.

Some people who said they removed their pledges seemed to think the development was continually changing the development plan. The development plan never changed only the rewards changed with input from the backers that could positively effect pledge support.

Old_Canuck
Oct-02-2013, 17:18
Happy 2K!

150 is in sight. Here's hoping :-)

:thumbsup: It sounds like they might have a plan to extend crowdfunding on a dedicated webpage after KS. Hopefully the 262 will still be on the table for the original backers.

Taxman
Oct-02-2013, 17:41
[QUOTE=Chivas;63014]They may have reached the 150 stretch goal, if it weren't for those removing their pledges. In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed daily pledges were in the minus each day before pledges finally turned to the plus side. Especially the day it reached almost one hundred pledges, and the total was only around 2000 dollars. I don't think any in this forum would do it, but hopefully Bliss will be able to confirm the pledge of the lucky guy who wins the rudder pedals when Kidkstarter closes.

"Some people who said they removed their pledges seemed to think the development was continually changing the development plan. The development plan never changed only the rewards changed with input from the backers that could positively effect pledge support."[/QUOTE

I totally agree. In following the KS here and on other flight sim boards the biggest problem I have seen is too much "reading between the lines" instead of staying with the final intend of the KS.

Tempered
Oct-02-2013, 18:17
I worry that many will drop their Kickstarter pledge to go with the less confusing and more customizable paypal pledge. Hell, they could end up collecting $150,000 but failing the kickstarter if it drops below $100,000. If this happens, I'm guessing that they get to keep all of the paypal funds without giving kickstarter their percentage, but lose out on all of the kickstarter pledges. If this were to happen, what would the kickstarter only backers receive? There seems to be so much legal grey area in these kickstarter projects.

Anyhow, I'm really excited to see them reach so many backers. Congrats to Ilya and team.

Old_Canuck
Oct-02-2013, 18:31
Well it's not like we're betting the farm. I'm not afraid of these possible outcomes as long we get the dream team working on our next "genre killer" sim.

Tempered
Oct-02-2013, 18:35
Well it's not like we're betting the farm. I'm not afraid of these possible outcomes as long we get the dream team working on our next "genre killer" sim.

I agree completely. Just a habit of mine to wonder about all the possible outcomes. I'm sure that others have thought of similar scenarios that I haven't.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-02-2013, 22:12
IMHO the KS (despite Ilya's struggles and adjustments) is a SLAM DUNK. I'm hitting the refresh button now waiting for backer number 2000.

Over 2000 backers!!! This made my day.

Gonna agree. This just keeps looking better and better.. The fidelity alone is maddening. Then to have it all bundled up in a WWII sim that has the possibility to expand into all the other theaters, planesets. I think this could be the last chance at the types of sims I like.. It's pretty exciting :-)

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Oct-03-2013, 18:17
Don't get too excited, the game is still a year away.

It's also bad for your health -

"If an erection lasts for a long time (more than 6 hours), it can permanently damage your penis. You should call a doctor immediately if you ever have a prolonged erection that lasts more than 4 hours."