PDA

View Full Version : A little bonus update showing my work on the Bf109E's

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-05-2013, 14:16
No update yesterday and unfortunately I couldn't have one ready for the usual friday schedule but today I'll show a little of what I've been working on.

I've updated the structure of the unit specific skins for the Bf109E. Every Staffel now has it's own skin, enabling all the various styles of mottle and markings to really come to life. I've also fixed the numerals and updated some of the unit markings. The skinset included in the patch will show every Luftwaffe staffel in the markings used around 15:th September 1940. Then there'll be optional skinpacks up for download showing the same units during different important periods during the battle.

The periods will be
- Kanalkampf - Late July and early August
- Adlertag - Mid August
- Height of Battle - Early September
- 15:th September (Default)
- Jabo days - October and onwards (This pack is not ready yet)

Here's a few examples of various gruppen and how they markings changed throughout the summer of 1940. Again, default will be 15:th september, other periods will have to be downloaded separately.

Enjoy!
http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/IIIJG26.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/I.JG54.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/IIIJG53.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/IJG3.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/IILG2.jpg

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-05-2013, 14:17
:thumbsup: nice

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-05-2013, 14:29
Fantastic work as always! Those skins are outstanding :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-05-2013, 14:42
Will those beautifull skins be included in 4.0? And, if included, will other players be able to see them?

Kling
Oct-05-2013, 15:04
stunning!!

Mattias
Oct-05-2013, 15:08
Looking great Cpt Farrel :salute:

Will those beautifull skins be included in 4.0? And, if included, will other players be able to see them?

Yes, the 15th September skins will be included in TF4 and other players will see them as well :thumbsup:
(The optional downloads of KanalKampf, Adlertag and early September will only be seen on the local machine unless the "Custom skins" option is enabled on the server)

Mysticpuma
Oct-05-2013, 15:51
So glad you came onboard and took on this huge challenge. The detail in the work is just stunning, thanks for the update, cheers, Sicknote! ;)

Meaks
Oct-05-2013, 16:56
Blimey Capt.......these skins are terrific,sooooo glad you're on board with TF,what a team!! :thumbsup:

Dauntless
Oct-05-2013, 17:45
:devilish:

Continu0
Oct-05-2013, 18:52
Looking gorgeous! Pitty that only one skin-pack will be visible online...

AKA_Recon
Oct-05-2013, 20:01
Looking great Cpt Farrel :salute:

Yes, the 15th September skins will be included in TF4 and other players will see them as well :thumbsup:
(The optional downloads of KanalKampf, Adlertag and early September will only be seen on the local machine unless the "Custom skins" option is enabled on the server)

I'm curious why ? Like is it possible to make this a part of the game - ie. is it one of those things that if it's on the server and on the client then it's not considered 'custom' ?

I think having different skins are great (but agree, I don't want custom skins on the online server!!!)

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-05-2013, 20:14
Im a big skin fan...and these are just so exciting....Skins make a big difference ingame....looking forward to the patch...

Also nice to not see any pestering to have patches early.....Leaving things to naturally come to the public domain without pressure or forced....Top community....Top Team of Boffs....Top Bananas!!!!

Uwe
Oct-05-2013, 22:45
Holy moly! These look to be your best skins yet!
Out-F**king-STANDING!

Manoxerox
Oct-06-2013, 01:22
Great work!! This time we have surely met Captain Farrel and the skins he was counting!:)

Wulf
Oct-06-2013, 02:25
Thanks in advance. Beautiful work. They look glorious.

ATAG_Naz
Oct-06-2013, 02:27
Oh wow....you just made my day. Absolutely fantastic!
:salute:

TURK_Enlem
Oct-06-2013, 05:17
You are a true artist Captain!...
Thank you...

LARRY69
Oct-06-2013, 06:36
.. great work!

larry69

Sandy1942
Oct-06-2013, 07:39
Very beautiful skins, Cpt_Farrel! :dthumb:

Now I have some questions:
1) It is possible to integrate All these skins into game? Or many default skins will strongly load the server?
2) Whether skinpacks for other planes will become subsequently?
3) In release version of game there were marks of victories for the German planes. After MG them cleaned. Whether you plan to return this feature?

Meusli
Oct-06-2013, 08:29
Beautiful, I hope to get these used soon. :)

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-06-2013, 10:37
Thanks all! I had fun making them, and Sandy, making them is all I do, the other questions will have to be answered by someone else. :) I won't be doing this for other aircraft though, sorry.

Cheers! / Anders

Sandy1942
Oct-06-2013, 11:58
Thank you Cpt_Farrel. I simply asked.

DUI
Oct-06-2013, 13:00
I won't be doing this for other aircraft though, sorry.

What a shame -all those nice Bf 110s, Ju 87s, Ju 88s, He 111s waiting for some new painting. :( :( :(

Thanks for the great skins - really looking forward to use them!

Bear Pilot
Oct-06-2013, 13:33
So just to clarify, the skins others see in game will be a direct result of the gruppe we choose? I understand they will all have the default September 15th skin. This would be a great improvement as I find the current skins to be somewhat immersion killing. Every E1 with no yellow and every E3 with yellow wingtips etc.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-06-2013, 13:43
They look bootifull

71st_AH_Vertigo
Oct-06-2013, 16:45
Beautiful work, as always..

V

Tvrdi
Oct-07-2013, 16:16
was following your work since the old il2 days....simply amazing...thanks

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-07-2013, 17:52
So just to clarify, the skins others see in game will be a direct result of the gruppe we choose? I understand they will all have the default September 15th skin. This would be a great improvement as I find the current skins to be somewhat immersion killing. Every E1 with no yellow and every E3 with yellow wingtips etc.

Every Staffel has it's own skins so if you meet a pilot from 6./JG51 for example, then the 6./JG51 skin from your folder will be loaded for that a/c if I've understood things correctly. Mind you, I don't fly online so I'm not quite certain... :)

Bear Pilot
Oct-07-2013, 18:36
Every Staffel has it's own skins so if you meet a pilot from 6./JG51 for example, then the 6./JG51 skin from your folder will be loaded for that a/c if I've understood things correctly. Mind you, I don't fly online so I'm not quite certain... :)

Roger that. We'll see soon enough :)

Regardless, thanks for your work. These skins look amazing and I love knowing I'm flying a historically accurate paint scheme.

JG4_Widukind
Oct-07-2013, 19:56
Will it be possible to fly again with the patch 4.0 with coustom skins?
Until now, there were problems with too many players with skins coustom.
Our squadron was established in 1943 but we want to fly with our skins. It is very important to us, and also helps in the detection of a friend in combat.

Uwe
Oct-07-2013, 23:14
Honestly, I hope not. These skins are really good and accurate. I don't ever want to see the hiedous red and blue 109 or 5 minute hack skin spitfire again.

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-08-2013, 01:41
I don't think there'll be any differences in how skins work as such. The only difference is that I've added more of them and updated / increased the number of skins in the old structure so to speak. They're all JPG and stored just like before.

Hood
Oct-08-2013, 05:23
Great work!! This time we have surely met Captain Farrel and the skins he was counting!:)

For those that miss the reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehFZ38kt6o

Are these replacing the default skins? If they are, can you prepare a set of default skins with the crooked cross on for those outside countries where it is banned?

Hood

reflected
Oct-08-2013, 06:44
Breathtaking skins! They look absolutely realistic, like photographs. Thank you for your work, it's really appreciated. They ought to be included in the new update!

Tvrdi
Oct-08-2013, 08:49
Breathtaking skins! They look absolutely realistic, like photographs. Thank you for your work, it's really appreciated. They ought to be included in the new update!

Dude, your alive! :)

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Oct-08-2013, 09:13
very nice work from all of the TF !!!

many thanx to that hard and long work to press out every bit of that fine... very fine flight sim !!!

but i always see the updates for the "blue" side.... whatz about the "red's" :devilish:

*dont kill me if i pass something without taking a notize :-)

varrattu
Oct-09-2013, 02:20
very nice work from all of the TF !!!

but i always see the updates for the "blue" side.... whatz about the "red's"

Do you have any suggestions or perhaps serious considerations?

~V~

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-09-2013, 03:33
Well, when it comes to skinning, there wouldn't be much point in doing the work I've done for many aircraft, blue or red, as most paintschemes were much more uniform than on the 109's. And, I belive fixes have been made for more accurate colors on the "reds".

110's could benefit from a work similar to what I did for the 109's but I'm not going there. :)

Meaks
Oct-09-2013, 03:51
Graf would be the man for the 110 treatment,his 110 skins are fantastic.

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Oct-09-2013, 04:46
Do you have any suggestions or perhaps serious considerations?

~V~

yes have but i dont know what about the new patch are including for the reds already...
thatz why i ask for...

long time before i read something about the "dewilde" the effecivity in game is not same as historical and
also i read something about to bring up the spitfire mk IIb with the 2 hispanos...

but i never see some updates for the reds... i cant ask about this ?

i think its not as bad ;)

Mattias
Oct-09-2013, 04:56
yes have but i dont know what about the new patch are including for the reds already...
thatz why i ask for...

long time before i read something about the "dewilde" the effecivity in game is not same as historical and
also i read something about to bring up the spitfire mk IIb with the 2 hispanos...

but i never see some updates for the reds... i cant ask about this ?

i think its not as bad ;)

I do think we have had some news for the reds, but maybe we can do better :)

The DeWilde has been tweaked a lot for TF4 and now seems to look & work in line with historical sources :thumbsup:

There will be no Mk IIb in this patch, but it has high priority for TF5.0 :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-09-2013, 06:33
There will be no Mk IIb in this patch, but it has high priority for TF5.0 :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

Ive just wet meself

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Oct-09-2013, 09:12

The DeWilde has been tweaked a lot for TF4 and now seems to look & work in line with historical sources :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

YES !!!

that is what i wanna hear Mattias :ilike:

i like my spitty as it is but its boring to read everytime only the updates from blue's thatz why i ask about this :)

waaahhhhh... but that damn thing of DeWilde :D very nice to read :) THX a lot TF

DUI
Oct-09-2013, 12:29
110's could benefit from a work similar to what I did for the 109's but I'm not going there. :)
Maybe, if we continue buttering you up... who knows... :)

ATAG_Ribbs
Oct-09-2013, 13:22

Cheers/m

I have been wanting a IIb for soo long! awesome to hear about the Dewilde ammo also! Cant wait! You Guys Rock TF! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-10-2013, 13:46
Maybe, if we continue buttering you up... who knows... :)

Yes please :D

GRAF
Oct-10-2013, 18:29
Graf would be the man for the 110 treatment,his 110 skins are fantastic.

What a coincidence...I just started a new skinpack. ;)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/lp54837/110_1.png~original (http://s127.photobucket.com/user/lp54837/media/110_1.png.html)

HaJa
Oct-11-2013, 03:12
:-):woohoo:

DUI
Oct-11-2013, 06:57
Great news!!

At least, if I interpret it correctly. :)

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-12-2013, 00:39

GREAT!!!

GRAF - You make amazing skins! :woohoo:

Mysticpuma
Oct-12-2013, 00:56
Did I just see a volunteer raise his hand at the back? :)
PM one of the team if you'd be interested in making a batch of skins, the 110 looks beautiful ;)

Cheers, MP

Continu0
Oct-12-2013, 02:42

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/lp54837/110_1.png~original (http://s127.photobucket.com/user/lp54837/media/110_1.png.html)

:stunned: