PDA

View Full Version : Problem - sim image much too bright

Cold Flying
Oct-07-2013, 14:53
Hello,

First off, thank you guys for the excellent mod. It's really first class. Some of the nicest terrain I've ever seen. :thumbsup:

The problem I am having is that the sim is very bright, near blinding, but I cannot find an in-game gamma correction (assuming that is what I need). Unless I fly at 5AM, it's very unpleasant. And if I fly towards the sun, oh my... Also, at night, the sky is black but the terrain is bright green. Even the FMB looks too bright and washed out.

i5-2500/GTX560Ti/4GB RAM/Win7-64/327 NVidia drivers/ CoD is a Steam install.

It's actually worse than it looks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-07-2013, 15:19
Hi,

Have you looked at this?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3050

Cold Flying
Oct-07-2013, 15:34
Giving 'er a go right now.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks.

Cold Flying
Oct-07-2013, 16:01
Hi,

Have you looked at this?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3050

It did help a bit. Thanks.

I think I may just be so out of balance with my monitor settings and everything that the sim just looks washed out. Haven't had this problem before. IL2-46 and RoF were fine, but CoD is definitely giving a me a "brightness" challenge.

I'll keep fooling around with the settings and see where I get. Thanks again.

Cold Flying
Oct-07-2013, 20:39
Thanks Jamz!

I farted around with the SweetFX settings, lowered the gamma, fiddled with a few other things, and the sim is now soft and the eyes and sweet to look at.

Ya saved me, fella. I owe you a beer. :alcohol:

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-08-2013, 07:52
Thanks Jamz!

I farted around with the SweetFX settings, lowered the gamma, fiddled with a few other things, and the sim is now soft and the eyes and sweet to look at.

Ya saved me, fella. I owe you a beer. :alcohol:

Haha no worries me ol mucker..

The thanks should go to the Community and the TF crowd bud.. They've not only kept CoD alive but are taking it to a whole new level. Regardless of what sims are around the corner this title has years in it yet!