PDA

View Full Version : Ilya speaks: 11:37 PST Today

Old_Canuck
Oct-08-2013, 15:38
Creator Ilya Shevchenko about 1 hour ago
Hey folks,
Some answers to your questions.
First of all, thank you all for your kind words!
If you are having problems with your payments, send me a PM via kickstarter please. We'll see what we can do to resolve this.
@Douglas: We're not keeping the PayPal up because it just spreads everything real thin and adds constant management effort while not being really targeted.
Having a constant trickle of new rewards that need to be fulfilled, new issues that need to be resolved, and new questions that need to be answered is not something that at this stage of the project can be balanced out with expected returns.
Like I said, we are looking to start a targeted drive to make the B-17 flyable next year when we have our alpha. That will still give those who did not back the project a chance to come in before it is released, and give us a concentrated boost with a finite amount of rewards that need to be fulfilled and a finite management effort.
In short, we just want to concentrate on making the game right now!
MP: We'll do a lot more regular updates than two weeks! I already have a bunch of shots gathering dust, but I figured I'd better space them out. I think we'll do two weekly updates, one on modeling, the other on landscape.
Maybe actually, since it's Tuesday, I should just make it a 3D update day and Friday the landscape day.
Noah: No discussions with steam yet. However, as other DCS products are up there, I imagine we should also be able to get on there. At the very least, DCS World versions of our aircraft should go on there with no extra work at all.
Soeren: Yes, Oculus Rift is high on my priority list. So many people are asking for it, but we haven't had a discussion on our end yet. In my previous experience, adding 3D support is not a huge deal.
Alan: If the project is successful in the long term, there will almost certainly be ground warfare. Definitely not in the next year though, unless we somehow magically pull a Star Citizen and collect a few million bucks when we try for the flyable B-17.
Zoltann: Thanks for your comments on that blog, but they're really pointless. The author of that blog is, shall we say, personally vested in the success of a competing product so you can't very well convince him to publicly say anything good about DCS WWII, especially in his anonymous persona specifically created to spread falsehoods.
Josh: This really depends on volume. On one hand, it seems natural for us to take the business relationships we already have, and set up a permanent t-shirt / poster / manual store. On the other hand, if that store sells two t-shirts and four manuals a month, then there's really no point in having it.
Additionally, it would really dilute the value of your backer rewards if anyone could just buy them. At the very least, backers should receive something exclusive, different, or better than an item a non-backer can buy at any time.
So what we're going to do is maybe order a slightly larger batch of manuals and a few extra T-shirts without the BACKER logo and see how much interest there is in those.
We'd love to have an extras store going. We'll see if there's enough demand for our supply!

=BKHZ=Furbs
Oct-09-2013, 16:39
Got a link Canuck?

ATAG_Colander
Oct-09-2013, 16:53
Is in the KS comments section.