PDA

View Full Version : HSFX 7 is out

Tvrdi
Oct-09-2013, 05:16
HSFX 7 (http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33902&sid=944b00f38e89b7869f8b079a6fde385e#33902)

:thumbsup::)

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-09-2013, 06:31
Cheers mate, I doubt I will be flying it much if at all but I always keep it up to date never the less..

Il keep it seeding too

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-09-2013, 08:51
Maybe now the HSFX crowd will start moving some of their skills to help out with the ongoing modding of cliffs....... if they aren't already.

LuseKofte
Oct-09-2013, 09:39
No they will not, in their world CLOD stinks, how I know, I know them and thought the same until a year ago. To them CLOD was dead meat. But thanks for the head up I will install it and enjoy it, I fly more IL2 than CLOD

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-09-2013, 10:12
No they will not, in their world CLOD stinks

What a shame.. everybody misses out.

LuseKofte
Oct-09-2013, 12:00
I have tried, I am a admin over at SAS we cooperate on the mod packs. I hardly got anyone over to CLOD. Many have high hopes for BOS so I smell a bit of disappointment in the future. I have bought myselv the earlyest release but do not expect too much in the start

Mysticpuma
Oct-09-2013, 13:20
Hi Jaeger. Do you think an import/export tool if it were possible would make a difference to the interest of the nodding community?
It's something we often wonder that may make CloD look like too much trouble, but if a tool.like that was to be created, do you think it would trigger interest as it would allow knowledgeable chaps to get their teeth into much higher fidelity models and maps?
Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Oct-09-2013, 13:34
Torrent link is dead :( (Dropbox 404)

Any other mirrors or links?

Cheers, MP

LuseKofte
Oct-09-2013, 13:44
The early torrent did not have ywo SFS sound files it gives 5% ctd . It will come back in a few hours

Mysticpuma
Oct-09-2013, 13:49
Ah, okay, thx :)

Any thoughts on my previous post?

Cheers, MP

vranac
Oct-09-2013, 13:52
Hi Jaeger. Do you think an import/export tool if it were possible would make a difference to the interest of the nodding community?
It's something we often wonder that may make CloD look like too much trouble, but if a tool.like that was to be created, do you think it would trigger interest as it would allow knowledgeable chaps to get their teeth into much higher fidelity models and maps?
Cheers, MP

I don't think so. I asked Charlie chap would they join when TF started and he said they don't have time or interest for modding CloD. HSFX mod was made and optimised for SEOW campaigns and they are still flying that. Many pilots from that community don't have PC that can run CloD.

And the torrent should be up soon, there was some problem with the installer.

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3772&sid=be2040ac4aefc74415940c75557eceba

LuseKofte
Oct-09-2013, 14:11
I think this is plausible, there are a earlier wish from modding community to be able to grab their hands in CLOD. It might be able to win some over. I believe maps and a few more flyables would take a lot more people over from IL2 , Do you guys see any real chance to be able to make cockpits for Beufighters, DO 17, Wellingtons? This will be a major reason for getting some in. But be careful, bring in a vast number of modders means you re taking in all the trouble also.
Many have dropped out just because of site wars.
I will however try this approach and see what happens

Kling
Oct-09-2013, 14:21
The early torrent did not have ywo SFS sound files it gives 5% ctd . It will come back in a few hours

Did they release a faulty patch??
Surely they must have tried to install it once before releasing it?!

I get the 5% CTD. Do I need to download the whole 5gigs again or can I just download the etxra two SFS files somewhere?

EDIT: nevermind, I found the two extra files on their website!

LuseKofte
Oct-09-2013, 15:11

Tvrdi
Oct-09-2013, 18:43
guys, apparently 2 sound files are missing...so after you install HSFX 7 over clean 4.12.1 version....copy teh two files in main game dir...

fb_hfxsounds.sfs (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26976891/fb_hfxsounds.sfs)
fb_hfxsounds01.sfs (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26976891/fb_hfxsounds01.sfs)

ATAG_Torian
Oct-10-2013, 05:38
Just to clarify for Tvrdi,
Copy those 2 files from ur HSFX6 6.17 and simply paste them into the faulty HSFX7 install and it will work, easy.

LuseKofte
Oct-10-2013, 05:49
Yes but I reccomend you down load the torrent again over the last torrent. It will scann what you already have downloaded and add what you missed. This is what CharlieChap recommend .
I just used these two files and dropped it in maingamefolder .
However I love the sounds in this pack it sometimes cut, I think this is a Beta more or less that it will soon come a 7,1 the HE 177 Grief got some lod problems, turning white in sertain distances when you shoot at it

Mysticpuma
Oct-10-2013, 14:23
Is there a working torrent link anywhere for the MKII torrent or is it broken again?

Went to the 242 Squadron page. Three links to MKII torrent. First one asks you to create an account to download the file, second one is "Dropbox 509", third one links to M4T and there is no torrent link there?

Blimey!

MP

Mysticpuma
Oct-10-2013, 14:59
Found this link on the SAS forums to the MKII torrent...great work ;)

http://tinyurl.com/llengg9

ATAG_Torian
Oct-11-2013, 08:30

Good find, thx MP

9./JG52 Ziegler
Oct-11-2013, 08:39

Yep that's the one I used too. The other two were wonky. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Oct-11-2013, 08:45
Any1 know what the Francisation_HSFX7 mod is in the JSGME mod enabler ?

LuseKofte
Oct-11-2013, 13:08
Yes Charlie Chap is an co admin of mine in SAS site. He always support users in there too.
They use and upgrade the mods we host in their pack. They are few but very skillful.
I always have one HSFX install on my PC.
I plan to make one histomod too. Very good BF-109 pit they got

ATAG_Torian
Oct-11-2013, 20:56

OK beware of this I got a corrupt file error after d'loading it and trying to install it. Not sure if it is a problem from my end with the d'load or a faulty file within the installer files.

jaydee
Oct-11-2013, 21:42
Any1 know what the Francisation_HSFX7 mod is in the JSGME mod enabler ?

Hey Torian,it changes GUI to French language! ~S`

jaydee
Oct-11-2013, 21:49
OK beware of this I got a corrupt file error after d'loading it and trying to install it. Not sure if it is a problem from my end with the d'load or a faulty file within the installer files.

Torian,I DL and installed it today...Had some issues with Norton not liking the EXE's but I made Norton "Trust them" and then "unblocked" them in the File/Properties section and all was good.Hope this helps mate ! ~S~

ATAG_Torian
Oct-12-2013, 04:50
Torian,I DL and installed it today...Had some issues with Norton not liking the EXE's but I made Norton "Trust them" and then "unblocked" them in the File/Properties section and all was good.Hope this helps mate ! ~S~

Nah it was definitely a corrupt file error and the install couldn't proceed. Did u d'load from that link that MP provided? If so it must have been a d'load problem from my end. I'll d'load it again overnite (takes me 5 to 6 hours) and see if it works 2nd time round.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Oct-12-2013, 07:50
It was drama free for me and I applied it to a stock clean copy of 12.1. The install is in 3 parts which was a little weird as it's 3 different "wizards" that fire up while the original one is applying the mods. That might throw a (noob) person a bit. It also makes a "stock" version copy which is cool because one can then join a server in Hyperlobby with the mod, or a server without HSFX 7 seamlessly without having to point HL toward the proper copy of the game. It chooses the proper copy automatically :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Oct-12-2013, 23:11
I re-d'loaded from that link and it installed fine. 1st one must have been corrupted from my end.