PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR

ATAG_Ribbs
Oct-09-2013, 13:29
Does anyone have any of there older TrackIR units laying around collecting dust? 3-4s? they still work great even under windows7 64bit..I'm still using a 3,but I figured I would get the ball rolling for anyone that might be looking for 1 that's on the fence or afraid to ask... :thumbsup:

Recoilfx
Oct-09-2013, 13:44
I've got a trackir 3 (with vector expansion) that i don't use anymore. It's missing the mounting base (easy DIY fix), but works perfectly.

ATAG_Headshot
Oct-09-2013, 14:19
I have my old 3 without vector but I have been using it to lend to friends that are looking at simming to get them hooked. So far 2 wins!

Injerin
Oct-09-2013, 18:39
I sent my 3 to Lucky in Dubai :P

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-09-2013, 20:21
Does anyone have any of there older TrackIR units laying around collecting dust? 3-4s? they still work great even under windows7 64bit..I'm still using a 3,but I figured I would get the ball rolling for anyone that might be looking for 1 that's on the fence or afraid to ask... :thumbsup:

Hey Ribbs where you located? I was thinking about upgrading to a 5 and was just going to give my 4 away.

EvilDrBA
Oct-10-2013, 07:15
As a very very casual simmer, but who love CoD, DCS and the old IL2 (but only offline, I fear the addictiveness of online play, even if I was developer of netcode in some unknown game/serious sim :D ), I really wonder if I should get one. I currently play on a 15' laptop (pretty good actually, but start to show its age, so can't run CoD on the side-24' screen), with kind of the lowest piece of equipment (only a Hotas X, but actually love it, and find the lack of precision a fun factor). Don't want any more complex stick/pedals, as I basically mostly enjoy flying (and fighting, but I don't care if I win or not).
So on the thread again: is it worth it to get a TrackIR for such a small screen? Is there a big differences between TrackIR 3-4-5??? The 5 is off my gaming budget now, but I am a patient man (currently thinking of my next desktop/laptop, in 2-3 years to confortably play DCS WWII).
If the difference is minimal, and you think it's working on a 15', then I might come back next month to buy one of yours :), if you are somewhere around Germany (this month gaming budget went almost entirely into DCS WWII).

ATAG_Ribbs
Oct-10-2013, 11:29
Hi EvilDrBA

I would definitely grab a TrackIR3-4 if you can.. It makes the game so much better and immersive. Even the the one that RecoilFX has would work great. Just make a little clip so it would sit on your laptop and your in business. Plus he has the vector expansion also.. that will give you the 6Dof. (Degrees of Freedom)

EvilDrBA
Oct-10-2013, 16:40
Hi EvilDrBA

I would definitely grab a TrackIR3-4 if you can.. It makes the game so much better and immersive. Even the the one that RecoilFX has would work great. Just make a little clip so it would sit on your laptop and your in business. Plus he has the vector expansion also.. that will give you the 6Dof. (Degrees of Freedom)

Many thank for your answer. I will think about it back in November. It's true that I would like to stop using the china hat for that (and then I could use it for something else).

Shamrock
Oct-11-2013, 14:38
Hey bliss if you haven't already given that ir 4 away iI could sure use it , been wanting to get one but with the little one extra money is hard to come by.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-11-2013, 15:06
Hey bliss if you haven't already given that ir 4 away iI could sure use it , been wanting to get one but with the little one extra money is hard to come by.

Hi Shamrock,

I already promised my 4 to Ribbs when I get the 5. Sorry about that! They are definitely worth their weight in gold though. Best thing you could have as a flight simmer IMO.

:sorry:

ATAG_Ribbs
Oct-12-2013, 11:09
Hey Shamrock.. I will be getting rid of my 3 if your interested.. it still works great. Pay it forward as I always say. :)

EvilDrBA
Oct-13-2013, 10:21
So in November I will definitively be looking for a 3+Vector or 4. So if you have one to propose and live somewhere in or around Germany (can receive in France and in the Nederlands as well), you can PM me an offer.

Shamrock
Oct-14-2013, 12:18
Absolutely ribb that would be great. I really appreciate that ! Hopefully I can do the SSE some day .I'll send u a pm when I get back to my home comp.this is the first time I have been able to get on atag in a few days, site was down for me

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-21-2013, 13:50
The track ir base can be replaced with the foot of an rather inexpensive webcam. I mounted such after obtaining the first flatscreens.

EvilDrBA
Oct-22-2013, 06:31
:) Yes the base is not a problem for me, if the TrackIr by itself works, as it does not look heavy (or am I wrong?). I am sure I can come with something to hold it (even if ugly as hell). (Then I am not really looking for the other way around :stunned: ).

The track ir base can be replaced with the foot of an rather inexpensive webcam. I mounted such after obtaining the first flatscreens.

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-22-2013, 10:09

Combine it with something like this.

Track Ir 3 has almost no weight.

EvilDrBA
Oct-22-2013, 10:17
Got 2 like that lying around somewhere... ;)

Combine it with something like this.

Track Ir 3 has almost no weight.

No601_Merlin
Oct-24-2013, 05:56
I already have a Track iR 3pro , is there much noticeable difference to a 4 ? I have an option to get a 4 but wondering if I might as well wait and get a 5.

Thanks

9./JG52 Ziegler
Oct-24-2013, 08:43
Hey Shamrock.. I will be getting rid of my 3 if your interested.. it still works great. Pay it forward as I always say. :)

+1 :thumbsup:

9./JG52 Reinhart
Nov-02-2013, 18:01
What would be a good price for someone to sell me their used one?

ATAG_Ribbs
Nov-06-2013, 10:22
Check EBAY... there are usually used ones on there also...3-4s still work great if you dont have a lot of cash atm ;)