PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new multiplayer mission

Cybermat47
Oct-09-2013, 18:45
Seeing as the next Team Fusion update will make nighttime look like night, and not just like you've got sunglasses on, I've been thinking about a new multiplayer mission with a focus on flying bombers for the Luftwaffe or Regia Aeronautica. A round-the-clock bombing campaign against the industrial centres of Great Britain. Targets would include railroads, factories, ports and shipping. The RAF would intercept the bombers by day, but struggle to attack at night. This would be balanced by the difficulty of bombing at night. Because the Beaufighter isn't flyable (yet...), perhaps the RAF could use the Blenheim as a night fighter, by using the turret to attack from below.

Perhaps the RAF could even perform retaliatory strikes against the German-occupied ports at night, forcing the Luftwaffe to form night-fighter squadrons of their own.

This is just an idea of mine, I'm fine if you don't take it aboard.

Continu0
Oct-09-2013, 19:02
Great idea and it would be AWESOME. But I fear that naturally, night-missions bring along some problems. First is: visability. Sure, it should be hard to spot contacts by night, but what keeps you from just turning your monitor brighter?

That brings along the problem of fairness: One person sits in a darkened room, the other in front of the screen by sunlight. Guess who spots the contact first.

Because of this, the probability is high that people won`t like a online-night-mission. But I agree with you, at least one dusk/dawn mission should be on the ATAG server, the mood of the game is just perfect at sunrise/sunset!:thumbsup:

Cybermat47
Oct-09-2013, 19:07
but what keeps you from just turning your monitor brighter?

Well, for me it's the hope of fire. There's nothing like shooting into pitch-blackness and being rewarded with a bright fireball. It's why I like night fighter missions, especially when I'm shooting down planes like Lancasters.

But I understand that some people don't want to be awed by fireballs...