PDA

View Full Version : Final screenshots for the Bf109E skinpacks

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-14-2013, 06:15
Hi all! As a small preview, here's the final screenshots of my skinpacks that will be available once the patch is released. The ones in the 15:th September patch will be default and included in the patch but it will also be downloadable for those who wants to mix and match or simply restore changes. The work to get these packs as accurate as possible has really been interesting and there's lots of research behind it. Still, given the lack of photos of some units there's still some guesswork involved. So if anyone discovers something wrong and can back it up with photos, I'd just be greatful.

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/Kanalkampf.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/Adlertag.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/HOTB.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/15sept.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/ATAG/JaboDays.jpg

JG53 flyers might notice some nice details... :)

Meaks
Oct-14-2013, 06:41
......WOW!!!......superb skins Capt,they look the business mate :thumbsup:,lucky old Blues.

E.F.HARTMANN
Oct-14-2013, 07:11
Whoa, A big thank you for this wonderful work.: Salut:

ATAG_Freya
Oct-14-2013, 10:05
These are AMAZING! Great work! 109's have always had the coolest paint jobs IMHO. Though, historically speaking, I'm pretty sure that Germany painted their planes BRIGHT NEON green and/or orange throughout the entire war. I could be wrong. That could be the "red" in me.... Now I just need to learn how to fly one of these effectively...

Cheers,
Freya

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-14-2013, 10:09
Wonderfull work. Waiting eagarly to be able to fly them on the server (at least the official skinpack ones)

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-14-2013, 11:20
Artistic indeed, very nice!

(there's something missing from the skins...;-) )

Bear Pilot
Oct-14-2013, 12:52
Awesome job! :salute:

Royraiden
Oct-14-2013, 13:09
Beautiful.

RedToo
Oct-14-2013, 14:28
Top job!

RedToo.

Wolfskid
Oct-14-2013, 16:05
Holy Moly Capt.

What for a job:salute::thumbsup:

Thank you very much for your hard times, without water and bread;;).

It looks very,very VERYgood for me and my :goofy

Thanks again,

and have a great time.

Wolfskid

Oersted
Oct-14-2013, 16:19
They look fabulous!!! Is there a way to have the swastikas on them? - It looks wrong without them.

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-15-2013, 04:35
They look fabulous!!! Is there a way to have the swastikas on them? - It looks wrong without them.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

6th from top.

selev
Oct-15-2013, 06:21
Fantastic skins as usual Cpt Farrell, i've always admired your talent since the good old IL2 sturmovik days, thanks for your hard work over the years:salute:

LuseKofte
Oct-15-2013, 06:23
http://www.zone-five.net/images/smilies/mike.gif

=DRACO=
Oct-15-2013, 07:43
On the server ATAG has never been enabled skins. All 109 flew in one color. Is in MOD 4.0 server ATAG skins will be included?

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-15-2013, 08:21
On the server ATAG has never been enabled skins. All 109 flew in one color. Is in MOD 4.0 server ATAG skins will be included?

Hmmm, I've encountered 109's in several different paint schemes on the ATAG Server.

Mattias
Oct-15-2013, 08:27
Hmmm, I've encountered 109's in several different paint schemes on the ATAG Server.

Yes, the stock paint schedules showed up just fine on ATAG -only the custom made ones showed up as default.

It's easy to test; just select any non-yellow nosed 109 skin and watch the spitfires ignoring you and friendlies shooting you down :D

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-15-2013, 08:46
Yes, the stock paint schedules showed up just fine on ATAG -only the custom made ones showed up as default.

It's easy to test; just select any non-yellow nosed 109 skin and watch the spitfires ignoring you and friendlies shooting you down :D

IIRC in order to see the other skins on the ATAG Server there's a selection box that first must be checked in Multiplayer to enable them.

Mattias
Oct-15-2013, 08:49
IIRC in order to see the other skins on the ATAG Server there's a selection box that first must be checked in Multiplayer to enable them.

I thought this was only for custom skins ie skins that would need to be sent to the server and then distributed to all players? The stock skins will be visible to all other players without having the box ticked, no? :S

ATAG_Naz
Oct-15-2013, 08:55
Pretty sure you are right Mattias... I have seen non yellow nosed 109s on ATAG.

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-15-2013, 11:45
I thought this was only for custom skins ie skins that would need to be sent to the server and then distributed to all players? The stock skins will be visible to all other players without having the box ticked, no? :S

That may well be. I was trying to figure out why Draco is only seeing one paint skin for the 109 and that was the only plausible reason I could think of. If not that, then I have no idea.

Bear Pilot
Oct-15-2013, 14:12
That may well be. I was trying to figure out why Draco is only seeing one paint skin for the 109 and that was the only plausible reason I could think of. If not that, then I have no idea.

*All of the following is based on my experience as of late August as I haven't flown since then...

I know what Draco is referring to. In my experience the paint scheme that others, friend or foe, see in the ATAG server is completely dependent on the variant of 109 you fly. An E-1 has no yellow, the E-3 has yellow tipped wings and elevators, the E-4 has the greyish fuselage with a yellow nose, the E-4/N has the same as the E-4 but the yellow on the top of the nose continues past the engine cowlings all the way to the glass of the cockpit, E-3/B may be more green if I'm not mistaken but with a yellow nose and a black spinner or something along those lines. I forget what the E-4/B's is but I don't think it is all that different from the 3/B's.

You CAN see Staffel and Gruppe markings in the ATAG server and YOU can see whatever paint scheme you want but everyone else will see whatever is assigned to the particular variant you're flying.

Yes, I have custom skins enabled but I believe that is a server option that is not enabled so it doesn't matter what the individual has enabled or disabled. I believe this has to do with performance issues.** (Someone smarter than me could tell you with more certainty)

In the Storm of War server I believe the server has them enabled and you can see custom skins or at least the paint scheme you select from the drop down of list of different Geschwaders.*** (Again, someone smarter than me may know otherwise)

So yes it's very unlikely you will ever see just one paint scheme. That being said, you probably won't see more than 3 or 4 in a mission, if that. And if you're flying red and you know what you're looking at, it's not very difficult to determine what you're up against which is somewhat immersion killing to me.

That's what I have observed anyway.

=DRACO=
Oct-16-2013, 03:56
Bear Pilot

You wrote it right. Thank you!

P.S. I will only add that the server ACG in some missions include custom skins and some not.

Uwe
Oct-20-2013, 04:56
So whats the good word on these beautiful packs?

II./JG1_Baron
Oct-20-2013, 07:01
Amazing work Captain. Respect.

Cpt_Farrel
Oct-20-2013, 18:56
So whats the good word on these beautiful packs?

They're finished, so it'll just be a matter of time before they're up. I guess the guys doing the site are busy flying! :) (And they've certainly deserved it!)

Mattias
Oct-20-2013, 18:59
They're finished, so it'll just be a matter of time before they're up. I guess the guys doing the site are busy flying! :) (And they've certainly deserved it!)

:salute:

They will be up soon :thumbsup:

Uwe
Oct-20-2013, 20:17

Agreed, and Im sure they are going to be well worth the wait!

LcSummers
Oct-24-2013, 13:54
Yes agree!

Cpt made always fantastic skins, its worth waiting for. They look fantastic

9./JG52_J-HAT
Oct-26-2013, 11:09
Very nice skins, cannot wait to get them.

But as the question that has been raised already, will we be able to see these default skins (unit specific) online? Right now what happens is (as mentioned above) each variant of the 109 has its skin. If I select a different unit and the skin shown in the loadout screen is different, people (and myself) still see the default skin assigned to the variant. My E-3 always has yellow rudder, stabs and wing tips. Even if my default skin for JG x shows no yellow whatsoever. And I am just talking about the skins included in the game already. Nothing downloaded extra.

As I understood it, these beatiful new skins will replace the default skins that each variant and unit has, right? They still wouldn't be seen in multiplayer though. Wrong?

Blitzen
Oct-28-2013, 15:00
Sign me up!:thumbsup:

Wulf
Nov-01-2013, 01:51
Is anyone able to explain the process around the delivery of the skin pak? Will these be incorporated into the game somehow or will they be made available on request, via a download? When is it anticipated that this will happen? Does anyone know?

Mattias
Nov-01-2013, 06:09
Is anyone able to explain the process around the delivery of the skin pak? Will these be incorporated into the game somehow or will they be made available on request, via a download? When is it anticipated that this will happen? Does anyone know?

They will be downloaded separately as we are limited to have one "season" of them in the mod.
Hope to find a solution to include them all in the mod in the future :thumbsup:

Hood
Nov-01-2013, 07:37

They will be downloaded separately as we are limited to have one "season" of them in the mod.

Release one lot as default and the remainder as optional?

Hood

Mattias
Nov-01-2013, 07:40
Release one lot as default and the remainder as optional?

Hood

The 15th September skinpack is included in TF4.0 (default) and the others will be released as separate downloads shortly (the sim only supports one pack at the time)

Cheers/m

LcSummers
Nov-02-2013, 06:25

Thanks Mattias for explaining it. Now i understand it clearly. :)

priller26
Dec-15-2013, 19:19
Sorry, where can I download the skins? Thank you and Merry Christmas.

DUI
Dec-16-2013, 01:39
If I am not mistaken you you should automatically have them in your Skins directory (i. e. C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\) after installing TF 4.00.