PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Monday 14th October 213 - Patch 4 testing progress report

Mysticpuma
Oct-14-2013, 18:56
Well, so-far so good. The initial problem.was getting the RC Candidate out to as many of the Beta testers (including Team Fusion guys), getting installed and then digging into the game and seeing if things would break.

Currently there have been two irritating bugs found, not Show Stoppers' but certainly they need fixing (one already done the other WiP)
Got to say the final compiled version is a superb advance.over the last TF v3.01, which in itself fixed huge amounts of bugs.
The environment is truly stunning, the LoD bug fixed, the new effects vastly improve on fps and there are some real treats for those who take the time to download it.
I'll add a further update tomorrow just so you know how it's progressing for Friday. As it stands we're still on target, there are a couple.of issues (not the bugs) being looked at (another compile of the code once the bugs are fixed (not a quick process)), but all-in-all a very promising start to the process.

Cheers, MP

Cybermat47
Oct-14-2013, 19:22
Good to hear.

If in a single night 100, 200, 300, 400 bugs are found, then the next night we will develop 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 patches!

DUI
Oct-14-2013, 19:22
Nice to hear, thanks for the status update! :goodluck:

Btw. did someone already prepare some file servers to host the announced >2 GB patch? I can imagine there will be a "handful" of people eagerly trying to download it on Friday.

Mysticpuma
Oct-14-2013, 20:07
Hi DUI.

Currently a few ideas are being worked on to make sure the supply is there for the demand.

We are expecting one or two downloads......maybe three if we're lucky ;)

PolishEagle1939
Oct-14-2013, 20:11
:) Wow thanks for all the transparency about what's going on! It really helps to ease the waiting to have these little updates. Kudos!

Tempered
Oct-14-2013, 21:44
Will this patch contain the fixes that were previously released, or will I need to install all previous patches if not already installed?

That is when it is released to the public, of course.

Mysticpuma
Oct-15-2013, 02:59
Currently you will need to install Team Fusion Patch v3.00, then hotfix v3.01 before adding Patch v4.00.

However also being looked at is a 'Vanilla' Clod to Patch v4.00, but that's not guaranteed at the moment as our main coding guy has all the small tweaks and fixes to do before recompiling the code for v4.00 Release Candidate version 2

So far the only bugs found have been irritating rather crippling and there have only been a handful.

Currently we are still aiming for Friday with the release of the readme tomorrow ;)

Cheers, MP

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Oct-15-2013, 03:09
Hi DUI.

Currently a few ideas are being worked on to make sure the supply is there for the demand.

We are expecting one or two downloads......maybe three if we're lucky ;)

First !!!

Big Thanx for the status :D nice work !!!

Secound...

will be a .torrent aviable for downloading ?
someone stay outside from europ or usa and dont become a big download speed ( only national 15mbits but international omg. thatz thailand-speed ) ;)

Mysticpuma
Oct-15-2013, 03:47
Currently various methods are being discussed, we have the initial download locations, but if a torrent isn't ready on Friday we're pretty sure one of the enterprising community members will have one running pretty quickly :)
I should add, the above isn't to.say we wont have a torrent running, it's just that with the last few days of testing and compiling the final release version, it's not a guarantee that it will be a download option straight away. Time will tell and we do realise torrents make it considerably easier for many..so it is being discussed :)

Cheers, MP

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-15-2013, 04:19
there are some real treats for those who take the time to download it.

Cheers, MP

Well....where's the link?????:D

Great that you keep us posted!

trooph
Oct-15-2013, 11:19
I'm just hoping that we will be able to fly 4.0 this friday :) I just spent couple of hours cleaning my x52 joystic... And by cleaning I mean taking it apart adding grease where it needed to be add and cleaning all the potentiometers :)

AKA_Knutsac
Oct-15-2013, 11:40
Thanks for the update, and thanks to all those working behind the curtain to fix this sim. And, speaking for myself, please, please don't feel pressured to release before good and ready...I assume we're all big boys and will understand if things get delayed. I really don't want to see the wonderful TF programmers and modders get frustrated and burned out.

~S~

AKA Knutsac

ATAG_Freya
Oct-15-2013, 11:52
I'm just hoping that we will be able to fly 4.0 this friday :) I just spent couple of hours cleaning my x52 joystic... And by cleaning I mean taking it apart adding grease where it needed to be add and cleaning all the potentiometers :)

Sorry for O/t , but is this a difficult process Trooph? I need to do this and am afraid I'll destroy it !! Any links for how-to's etc could you PM me?

Looking forward to new patch. Can't sleep at night lol. Agree with what knutsac said though! THX TF!

Cheers,
Freya

ATAG_Jeepy
Oct-15-2013, 15:25
Thanks a lot MP and TF ! Hope You`r able to "stay on schedule" ;)

-Freya. Check You Tube `bout the x-52.
some movies in there as I recall..

:salute:

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-15-2013, 15:35
Thanks a lot MP and TF ! Hope You`r able to "stay on schedule" ;)

-Freya. Check You Tube `bout the x-52.
some movies in there as I recall..

:salute:

+1

Greywing
Oct-16-2013, 02:30
Freya,

The axis sensors on the X52 are Hall Effect and shouldn't need cleaning. I can recommend modifying the magnet placements though. Look up X52 magnet mod on you tube to find out how. Factory fitted it has a real dead spot in the centre as the magnets are a little weak and sit either side of the hall sensor. I replaced mine with two neodymium magnets stacked and centred under the hall sensor when the stick is centred. I lose about 1% of full deflection on each axis but it responds immediately now. As a bonus the cradle the mags were mounted to on one of my axis was loose on its axle and caused the stick to be off centre when released. The mod takes the cradle out of the picture and my stick centres perfectly every time now.

As for the rotaries and other bits that slide etc on the throttle I'm not sure how to go about it (haven't needed to yet its just a few months old) but a quick search on youtube for potentiometer cleaning tuts should pop something up.

ATAG_Freya
Oct-16-2013, 10:16
Thanks Greywing! I'll check that out. It's only the stick I want to fix, the throttle is all good. This modification sounds good! The stick is squeeky and not smooth at all around centre so I'll check some you-tube vids and have a go at this next week (it's to close to patch day lol). Anyway we've hijacked this thread enough thanks all for the help! Hey is it read-me day today? SWEET CANDY READ_ME DAY:woohoo: