PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion -Tuesday October 15th Patch v4 progress

Mysticpuma
Oct-15-2013, 19:18
Again another solid day testing. Still some niggling issues are showing up, again nothing that will make the wheels fall off, but after months of work, these are the sort of bugs that crawl.out in the last few days, dance around and stick their tongues out at the team and say 'catch us if you can!'

Not to worry, a few of the guys have decided that sleep isn't a necessity and are digging deep to weed them.out :)

The timeline is still holding firm and the readme is still on target to be released tomorrow. Even now additions are being made to it, so we don't expect it to be ready until tomorrow evening (UK), but that is still the plan :).

Similarly the short promo. video is still being edited for Thursday and wont be finished until tomorrow evening (if all goes according to plan) and will be ready for release on Thursday as promised.

That just leaves the patch itself which is still being tweaked as I type.

There is still nothing that is expected to halt the schedule for a Friday release, but please remember, this is months of work and as much as we expect Friday to.be 'Patch Day', we are in bug testing work at the moment, so it could still go pear shaped! That's the nature of the testing process, but currently nothing has cropped up that can't be fixed and secondly we want a break, so getting the patch finished and released os just as important to.us as it is to you :)

So tomorrow should be readme day and is expected to be posted around the same time as this update ;)

Cheers, MP

BTW, we are still looking at the best and fastest way to.distribute the patch and will of-course let you know as soon as it is decided

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-15-2013, 19:22
Rgr that. Thanks for the update.

Stay on target! :flying2:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-15-2013, 19:31
BTW, we are still looking at the best and fastest way to.distribute the patch and will of-course let you know as soon as it is decided

We might use a new way of doing things but before any more info, it needs to be tested in beta.

ElGringo
Oct-15-2013, 20:31
Nice work and nice communication guys.:salute:

Chair1
Oct-15-2013, 20:38
thanks for all the hours and hours of work that made this possible!!:grandpa

Chair1
Oct-15-2013, 20:41
Thanks for all the hours and hours of work that make this possible!:grandpa

Combat Wombat
Oct-15-2013, 21:39
Will there be any problems with the server if were all downloading this rather large update / patch at once ? I'm told its about a 3hr process give of take ?.
many thanks for your dedication, It would be nice if I AND the community could chip together for some sort of gift that would benefit future work on the Clod simulator. just a thought.

Cybermat47
Oct-15-2013, 21:46
Good to hear!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-15-2013, 22:06
Will there be any problems with the server if were all downloading this rather large update / patch at once ? I'm told its about a 3hr process give of take ?.
many thanks for your dedication, It would be nice if I AND the community could chip together for some sort of gift that would benefit future work on the Clod simulator. just a thought.

Appreciate the thought, but Team Fusion cannot and will not accept any money for our efforts.

Anyone wanting to support the TF community and communication between TF and flyers like yourself, please donate to ATAG.

That organization generously donates space for the community TF forums and our private forums and supports CoD by maintaining the game on their servers. :thumbsup:

Thanks Buzzsaw :salute:

Broodwich
Oct-16-2013, 01:16
If you didnt see it the IL2 1946 HSFX7 torrent was put up on dropbox and shortly after blocked because of so many downloads so quickly. Just a heads up if you were planning using that

1/3_vszd_Tazar
Oct-16-2013, 04:54
Nice work and nice communication guys.:salute:

Agree! Nice work and nice communication! :thumbsup:

selev
Oct-16-2013, 05:26
:thumbsup:

trooph
Oct-16-2013, 05:37
TBH some of them game developers should take a lesson in communication from TF:)
Keep up the good work. Im keeping my fingers crossed all the friggin time.
And on friday(if everything will work fine and i will be able to DL 4.0) im gonna sing that bloody song of Rebeca Black(?)

Tvrdi
Oct-16-2013, 05:49
Ironically, sim which was a failure at the release becomes the best (in all aspects!) prop sim on the market...and will be there for long time....:)

heinkill
Oct-16-2013, 12:43
Good luck. As a member of the BoB dev group beta testing team I know how frustrating those last minute bugs are, but also how much we beta testers pride ourselves in finding them! :devilish:

It is worth the extra work and if needed, wait, because nothing spoils a release more than finding a bug in your work after release!

Fred

RedBeard
Oct-16-2013, 13:42
Take ur time, the community should be patient.

StormBat
Oct-16-2013, 15:04
Wow, you guys are the best! :salute: The hard work, dedication and thousands and thousands of hours you put into this is simply an amazing feet in it's own. Thank you so much guys, from the bottom of my heart. :cheers:

RedBeard
Oct-16-2013, 15:08
Wow, you guys are the best! :salute: The hard work, dedication and thousands and thousands of hours you put into this is simply an amazing feet in it's own. Thank you so much guys, from the bottom of my heart. :cheers:

How to you extract the thankfull fealing from the bottom of ur heart?

ATAG_Headshot
Oct-16-2013, 16:28
How to you extract the thankfull fealing from the bottom of ur heart?

You start with a turkey baster..

RAF74_Taipan
Oct-16-2013, 18:53
Well done from the boys over at 74 squadron.

We will be ready to scramble!

Really looking forward to seeing this sim in all its glory and without doubt best ww2 sim ever.