PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion tutorial - How to install Patch v3.00/3.01 and then Patch v4.00 - video

Mysticpuma
Oct-17-2013, 16:11
---------------------------------
ATAG_Colander edit:
Please see this thread for more up to date information: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711
---------------------------------

Eine Video-Anleitung zur Installation des Patches für unsere deutschsprachigen Community-Mitglieder wurde nun hinzugefügt. Es befindet sich ganz unten auf der Seite. Danke an Continu0 für seine Arbeit

Translation of above (sort of):

Now added an install Video for our German speaking CloD players at the bottom of this page, thanks to Continu0 for this work ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't already updated your game you need to follow these instructions to get your version to TF v3.00, wonderfully explained by Philstyle, but before you do please do the following.
Inside your C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder you will find two files, one called conf.ini, the other called confuser.ini

Copy these to.a.safe location (i.e your desktop or a folder you wont forget) BEFORE you install the patch.
These two files contain all your control.settings, graphics settings, in-fact all the options you have saved for your current install.

Once you complete the patch install, copy them.back to :\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder.

Now you have safely saved those two files, here's the patch install video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xewfAma7GJA

Then just install patch v3.01 to the same location you created for v3.00 ;)

Patch v4.00 can't be installed over the original game, it has to be Team Fusion's Patch install, version 3.01

There will be a torrent version and a a .zip file version as options for you to download the patch.

The .zip files will be called:

"Team Fusion 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.001"

and

"Team Fusion 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.002"

While extracting the .zip file version you may come up with an error and this has happened with a couple of the testers. Don't give up hope though! It probably isn't corrupted, it's just your .zip extractor can't read it properly (I use Winrar and it said it was corrupt).

If you haven't used 7-zip, download it here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

So-far 7-zip (and they aren't sponsoring us!) is the only one we have found that extracts the file with no issues.

An important note. Once you have installed Patch v4.00, before you run it, go to your; C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

open it and find the 'cache folder' and select all the contents and then delete them. These files are used by the older version v3.01 and could cause graphical issues if not removed before you run v4.00

Cheers, TF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Continu0 for sharing this German version of how to install the Patch, video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCxxbJvuAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCxxbJvuAQ

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-17-2013, 16:16
That was plain evilness. "Lets have a look on Cliffs of Dovveeeeer" - He waits screen to load and .... you B$#"$"#$"#$ dont even reach the main screen!:grrr:

trooph
Oct-17-2013, 16:33
Now now... one thing U have to post original conf files.
I have reinstalled cliffs of dover with my new mashine and i have never ever run vanilla CloD which leads to this it didnt create original Clod folder in 'My documents"

Scrub that :) I'll just do Clod Integrity check with steam :) Im just tired of pressing F5 all day long :)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-17-2013, 17:00
That was plain evilness. "Lets have a look on Cliffs of Dovveeeeer" - He waits screen to load and .... you B$#"$"#$"#$ dont even reach the main screen!:grrr:

this was very, very deliberate... just for you Lolsav....

Mysticpuma
Oct-17-2013, 18:57
Yeah, made me smile when I saw that too.
Fair play to Phil as he only put the video together today after realising his offer to do so had been accepted but he never saw the request!

:)

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-17-2013, 19:13
Great tutorial! This is a link that I'll be keeping very handy in the days to come! :)

vranac
Oct-17-2013, 19:26
http://www.timdrussell.com/images/pythonstills9467916/no%20time%20to%20lose.jpg

XE9O
Oct-17-2013, 21:41
~S~ Thanks Phil :salute::salute::salute::salute:

AKA_Recon
Oct-17-2013, 22:55
For those that use the bit torrent, you will get a "4.0 Final" folder - inside are two files 'Mod 4.0 Installer.exe' and 'Mod-v40.zip'. Simply run the 'Mod 4.0 Installer.exe' and point it to your directory. ie. the default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Oct-18-2013, 00:10
Lastly inside your C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder you will find two files, one called conf.ini, the other called confuser.ini

Copy these to.a.safe location (i.e your desktop or a folder you wont forget) BEFORE you install the patch.

These two files contain all your control.settings, graphics settings, in-fact all the options you have saved for your current install.

Once you complete the patch install, copy them.back to :\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder.

Cheers, TF

MP,

You might want to remind everyone to back these files ups before they begin patching. I'll bet that a lot of folks will begin to carefully follow the directions you've given, only to be disappointed if they realize they should have done this first!

-Fear

Mysticpuma
Oct-18-2013, 03:03
Agreed, and changed ;)
Cheers, MP

dragon9
Oct-18-2013, 03:51
hi

do you need to disable the "EnableHistoricalMarkings.exe (is this compatible with new patch.

regards

NLS61
Oct-18-2013, 04:22
Well ok then here is the first screen4962

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 04:25
Well ok then here is the first screen4962

I knew someone was going to pause it and take a screenie!

lol.... :salute:!

vranac
Oct-18-2013, 05:38
If you haven't already updated your game you need to follow these instructions to get your version to TF v3.00, wonderfully explained by Philstyle, but before you do please do the following.
Inside your C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder you will find two files, one called conf.ini, the other called confuser.ini

There is also user.ini file, there are ammo belts and convergence settings saved !

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 05:40
There is also user.ini file, there are ammo belts and convergence settings saved !

As far as I can tell, the patch does not overwrite any config files. Mine all remained just as they were.

But it pays to back them up, just in case.

Stig1207
Oct-18-2013, 12:39

For some strange reason my user.ini is is utterly blank, i.e. there is nothing in the file?!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 12:43
For some strange reason my user.ini is is utterly blank, i.e. there is nothing in the file?!

it might be the steam synchronization. if your game is getting user information from the cloud, rather than your HDD

Oersted
Oct-18-2013, 16:02
Now you have safely saved those two files, here's the patch install video:

http://youtu.be/uu3SrdqlB64

http://youtu.be/uu3SrdqlB64

Hey there!,
Small comment: When you say "run the mod Installer" in the youtube vid maybe it would be good to add (perhaps with an annotation) that people should "Run as Administrator". I couldn't make it work until I did that, because my computer didn't let me change files in the C-drive...
Cheers, Oersted

Valisk_61
Oct-18-2013, 18:11
Thanks so much for the vid - that worked a treat :D

...now to try out 'Cliffs of Doveeeeerrrr' :)

dburne
Oct-18-2013, 18:11
Excellent job on the tutorial , thank you very much!!
My installation went flawlessly!!

II/JG53_Otto
Oct-19-2013, 07:13
Please make this tread Sticky.

Cheers
O

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Done! Will also incorporate the OP into the Beginners' Section.

Screamadelica
Oct-19-2013, 07:54
Just a quick question about the install. I followed the video, had both mod folders on my desktop and opened the first as per the video and ran the exe. It seems to have installed smoothly and gave the "Install Successful" message at the end. I read in another thread that you had to have both folders in one folder when installing or does it just unpack the second file automatically?

Mysticpuma
Oct-19-2013, 08:03
Just a quick question about the install. I followed the video, had both mod folders on my desktop and opened the first as per the video and ran the exe. It seems to have installed smoothly and gave the "Install Successful" message at the end. I read in another thread that you had to have both folders in one folder when installing or does it just unpack the second file automatically?

If the two .zip files are in the same folder after you download them, extract with 7-zip.

The line "make sure you have both files in the same folder" refers to the .zip files, or they wont extract correctly.

Installing is done once the above procedure has been carried out and the extraction puts both the installer files together, so there are no issues.

If you have the line "Install Successful", then you have carried out the instruction correctly ;)

Cheers, MP

Screamadelica
Oct-19-2013, 08:06
Thanks Mystic, just wanted to be sure. Patch is working well, apart from the blurry terrain issue. Thanks again to the team for all their work.

Mysticpuma
Oct-20-2013, 15:00
Now added German version too in the first post, thanks to Continu0 for his help with this, cheers, MP

K9Katt
Oct-26-2013, 14:56
MP - was chatting with Lolsav yesterday when TS decided to OD - finally got that solved - I will start by thanking you both for your efforts - I spoke with a team of computer experts concerning the problem with opening 4.0 and getting the can open as archive msg - they advised that the only thing they could think of was the file(s) were either corrupted of something occurred during the download which is causing the problem, I was advised to delete and retry the download now that I have the correct 7-zip (64 bit) installed - I did that and with approx. 1hr 50m to go on file 001 the download was interrupted, I clicked on resume and then got the msg that the download had failed - I think we have established my computer skills and you guys have spent enough spare time trying to reinvent the wheel, so until such time as an easier (4 me) version of 4.0 is developed I will have to stick with the campaign single player - tks again - if this issue is resolved I would like the opportunity to apply to your group for membership - K9:thumbsup:

andreyp
Oct-26-2013, 17:32
Thank you Team Fusion for your work from Ukrainian virtpilots :thumbsup: !!!

alphapapa
Oct-28-2013, 08:42
Well done all you guys. Followed the vid to the letter and it worked first time. :salute::salute::salute:

Flyingscotsman
Nov-23-2013, 07:24
Hi I have followed the vid, downloaded new 7zip, got rid of winzip,
Downloaded 2 files,
open zip, add to mod 4.0, but then have a folder that shows the installer, but not an exe, just another zip file that will not open.
Have downloaded the files about 6 times over the last 3 days, takes 3hours for the pair.

Sat PM
Downloaded the files again. I noticed that my system had one of the files a zip2(1) so edited that out.
Put them together in a folder, opened 7zip, open in Team Fusion 4.0 MOD Folder, it ran, I have the folder....but with the same zip file that I cannot open...I'm a patient person, will keep trying. But kinda stuck
Any suggestions?

sorted - In the end I downloaded a torrent, my browser usually does not allow, so worth a try and it worked,
Got the whole thing without the 7zip problem, Hope this helps someone else

Thank you
Flyingscotsman

blackbeagle
Feb-04-2014, 19:13
newbie here guys. I just installed COD yesterday and have successfully updated to mod 3.0 and 3.1 today. This afternooon, I tried 4.0 and am stuck.

Here's what I got:

1. I downloaded the two files
2. I tried to right click on the Team Fusion 4.0 MOD folder, but it didn't allow me to "Extract to that location" like the video stated.
3. I was able to mess around with 7zip and got Mod. 4.0 Installer.exe on my desktop (half britishflag/half germanflag).
4. When I double click on it, it gives me the location to install: C:\programfiles (X86)\steam\steamapps\common\ilsturmovik cliffs of dover\ (this is the right directory)
5. I press "Install" and get the OK box and press Yes
6. Here's the problem. The box says, "File Not Found: Mod-v40.zip".

What did I miss. I feel like a step was missed. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you.

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-04-2014, 19:31
newbie here guys. I just installed COD yesterday and have successfully updated to mod 3.0 and 3.1 today. This afternooon, I tried 4.0 and am stuck.

Here's what I got:

1. I downloaded the two files
2. I tried to right click on the Team Fusion 4.0 MOD folder, but it didn't allow me to "Extract to that location" like the video stated.
3. I was able to mess around with 7zip and got Mod. 4.0 Installer.exe on my desktop (half britishflag/half germanflag).
4. When I double click on it, it gives me the location to install: C:\programfiles (X86)\steam\steamapps\common\ilsturmovik cliffs of dover\ (this is the right directory)
5. I press "Install" and get the OK box and press Yes
6. Here's the problem. The box says, "File Not Found: Mod-v40.zip".

What did I miss. I feel like a step was missed. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you.

Keep the installer with the zip files on same folder and try again ;)

btw: Welcome :)

blackbeagle
Feb-04-2014, 21:13
OK....I think I got it to install this time. When I double click on the Mod installer.exe icon, I was able to get it to load. So I load it, then start CoD. It does say Version 4 at the lower right hand side. But when I start the game, I noticed two things:

1. The graphics wasn't any different than 3.1. In fact, I saw the Youtube clip of someone reviewing the 4.0 mod. Mine didn't look like that and I have everything turned up very high. My system is a i7/12gb RAm/GTX480.
2. When I fire a the machine gun, either in the Spitfire or something else, it sounds like a rapid fart. I am not kidding. It doesns't sound like any machine gun I've ever heard of.
3. When I press Esc to quit, I get a black screen. It looks like IL2 is still running. But I don't see the menu.

Somehow, I get the feeling it wasn't installed right. It doesn't look right. It certainly doesn't sound right, especially the machine gun.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW...another thing I noticed...besides the weird machine gun noise....my crosshairs are gone. All I can see is the glass circle. That's it.

Thanks again.

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-04-2014, 22:42
Did you clear the cache?

blackbeagle
Feb-04-2014, 23:27
OK. Well skip the black screen issue. I'm not sure what happened, but that's gone.

I did go in and clear the cache: C/user/name/Documents/1csoftclub/il2 stur MOD/cache

Then started the game and it was the same. Same farting noise when I fired the Spitfire and no crosshairs. Then I go back into Cache and find that 4 folders were put back in again. Is that normal? I just cleared it empty.

I wish I can get a video shot uploaded so I can show you what I'm looking at. You can then tell me if you think V4 is loaded OK.

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-04-2014, 23:58
You just need to clear the cache before starting the game. If evrything is ok you dont even need to do it anymore. Dont cache delete files while you running the game.

To know wich version you have installed its easy. Once you reach the main menu, look on bottom right, it states there which version you are running.

blackbeagle
Feb-05-2014, 01:03
I had actually used my phone to record me starting up the game, but then realized I don't have speakers (I use headphones). So I decided not to post it. When I start the game, It does show that I'm running V4 (lower right corner). But like I said, once the game starts, to be honest, it looks no different than the stock CoD. Except the difference is the gun sound and my crosshairs are gone. In fact, it looks NOTHING like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHzd7ozMgpQ

Also I noticed when I was flying a BF109, it did NOT have the picture of the wife on the left of the console. However, the guns and canons certainly sounded much like a BF109 should. But again, the crosshairs are not there.

Again, anything abnormal here?

vranac
Feb-05-2014, 06:07
You have to turn on gunsight illumination. Look at your controls, I don't remember if there is default key for it but you can assign one.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-05-2014, 09:40
Hi blackeagle and welcome to the forum.

re the Spitfire machineguns in Clod version TF 4.00......do they sound anything like this?

http://youtu.be/0PjLpqWFFEo

blackbeagle
Feb-05-2014, 18:18
Thanks ATAG and Vranac. Both of you were right. I had to turn on my crosshairs. Also I watched other Fusion 4 videos and the guns sounded pretty much like mine (a rapid fart). I thought that was strange, but this video confirms it. Anyways, the only thing I'm slightly concerned with is the graphics. I will see if I can get a screen capture of my cockpit. It still doesn't WOW me like some of the others that I've seen on YouTube. Perhaps they have a better video card. But I have an older Nvidia GTX480 and I have everything cranked up the highest.

If guys know how to do a quick screen shot, let me know so I can post it on here. I tried starting the game and pressing PrntScn. That seems to do it but I don't know how to "Paste" it anywhere. I pasted it on a Word file, but I can't upload that on here so you can see my screen.

Thx

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-05-2014, 18:50
Hi blackbeagle,

We'll work with you to try to maximize the video quality yet still get smooth framerates that are necessary for combat.

I'll be the first to admit that the Spitfire/Hurricane's machine guns are not quite what we'd expect to hear. In fact, at the start of the video (showing the newsreel footage) the dubbed-in machinegun fire is definitely Hollywood stuff, complete with echo effect you'd expect to hear within the confines of a shooting range. Very different from the thin air at 20 angels! Possibly the volume level of the eight Brownings could be turned up a bit vs the overall engine sound, but I leave that up to the Team Fusion wizards to determine. :)

The neat thing about Cliffs of Dover, indeed its main appeal, is that it is a simulation as opposed to a mere video game. You'll find that not only do the different models of aircraft fly differently from each other, but their controls can be vastly different as well. A good example is the braking system of the Spits and Hurries vs the braking system of the Bf 109's. Both are modelled accurately. Both work very differently to the other, as in the real life aircraft. And both ALWAYS screw up new players transitioning from Spits to 109's (or vice versa) who are used to other video games that feature universal controls for all aircraft/vehicles. Just as a real life 109 pilot who would jump into a real life Spitfire would be initially boogered by the daft (but effective) RAF method of braking. (The 109 foot brakes are more intuitive IMHO). :D

Anyways, enough of all that. Get Teamspeak 3 and install it. It's free, easy to install and use, and it WILL transport you back to 1940 if you join us online. Guaranteed. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Snapper

blackbeagle
Feb-05-2014, 20:22
I installed teamspeak3, but I need to know what is it? How do I use it for this game? Thank you.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-05-2014, 20:51
I installed teamspeak3, but I need to know what is it? How do I use it for this game? Thank you.

Hi blackbeagle,

Check out Section 5 of the Beginner's Section here.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Teamspeak is explained there, as well as a bunch of other info you may find useful.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Snapper

BrookeAnne
Feb-25-2014, 00:05
Having some problems with the zip files. I already had 7zip and downloaded the latest alpha version but not luck. I downloaded the files twice so I dont think its any kind of corruption issue. I am now using bittorrent to get the torrent file but still would like to know why I couldnt access the zip archives :(

Actually it was because when you look at file properties , Windows had the file blocked. After unblocking it the first file unpacked nicely :thumbsup:

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 15:38
Heyhey
(excuse me for my english please...i'm from germany)

I have downloaded the patch and everthing works fine

i have another problem ...i cant click on any instrument in the cockpit with my computer mouse
for example...when i click on the "fuelopener?" nothing happens and the hurricane doesnt fly very fast ...(in the training mission)

anyone have a solution for that? (the problem was already there before the patch)
thanks...

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Mar-19-2014, 15:50
the hurricane doesnt fly very fast ever really.

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2014, 15:52
Heyhey
(excuse me for my english please...i'm from germany)

I have downloaded the patch and everthing works fine

i have another problem ...i cant click on any instrument in the cockpit with my computer mouse
for example...when i click on the "fuelopener?" nothing happens and the hurricane doesnt fly very fast ...(in the training mission)

anyone have a solution for that? (the problem was already there before the patch)
thanks...

I can only think of difficulty settings: Make sure the antropomorphic control isnt "on"

Else look for help on german forum of ATAG, they should have the correct name for it in german.

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 16:29
hey
thanks for the quick reply

do you mean the realism-options?

could you tell me what you mean?

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 16:32
the hurricane doesnt fly very fast ever really.

but it should fly higher than the clouds for example

i cant climb so far with a closed fuel pipe...
hope you understand this :D

its really strange...im able to adjust the speed with the mouse...right next to it is the mixture lever

if i try to move this one nothing happens

only a few things work you know?

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2014, 17:16
hey
thanks for the quick reply

do you mean the realism-options?

could you tell me what you mean?

Like i suspected, check your own picture, you have "Antropomorph" selected (on top left of settings). Turn it off and you should be able to "click" like you wish.

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 17:33
Oh im blind :D

...okay ive tried it...doesnt work

im still unable to change the "kraftstoffhahn"
when i click here nothing happens (where the mouse points)... man this is annoying...

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2014, 17:36
Thats weird. Hmm just got a idea. Click it to where you want it to go, not where it is. Report back if you dont mind.

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 17:51
thanks for your time btw.

ive tried to click on "fuel on tanks" but it still remains "off"

its really weird...when i point on the lever the mouse turns into a hand but clicking afterwars simply has no effect... :grrr:

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2014, 18:00
I just went to a quick mission and i could "click" the hurricane fueld controller

These are my settings for offline missions

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 18:14
okay now i'm able to open the fuel!
thank you

but i still cant move the mixture lever
even the key combination in the setup doesnt change the mixture???

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-19-2014, 18:24
okay now i'm able to open the fuel!
thank you

but i still cant move the mixture lever
even the key combination in the setup doesnt change the mixture???

Hi Grunge,

You don't even need to worry about the mixture as it's an auto mixture lever. Also the mixture lever is tied to the throttle, so the only way you can manually move the mixture (from auto rich to auto lean) is by 1st having the throttle further forward than the mixture lever. It won't move (can't move at all) if not throttled up. It acts just like the real one.

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 18:40
hey...dammit...at this point my english get stuck

do you mean i dont need the mixture lever?
i've seen a youtube video where a dude tells i have to use it

ive tried to start the hurricane one minute ago after a while everything vibrates and i crash down

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-19-2014, 18:47
hey...dammit...at this point my english get stuck

do you mean i dont need the mixture lever?
i've seen a youtube video where a dude tells i have to use it

ive tried to start the hurricane one minute ago after a while everything vibrates and i crash down

Correct - The mixture lever is automatic and there's no need to adjust it.

About the Hurricane, make sure you open your radiator. It will overheat very quickly unless your radiator is opened up!

Also, if your native language is German, there's a forum here for that also: See here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130

I'm sure they will help you out with any questions you have!

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 18:50
please look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueYkaGuwVJk

he moves the mixture lever
ive tried every possible realism mode construction it just doesnt work...

edit: ahh thanks for this link to the german forum

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-19-2014, 19:08
please look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueYkaGuwVJk

he moves the mixture lever
ive tried every possible realism mode construction it just doesnt work...

edit: ahh thanks for this link to the german forum

In the earliest version of Cliffs of Dover, the mixture lever did not work realistically. This has been fixed for a long time now. The date on that video is from 2011! :D

000grunge000
Mar-19-2014, 19:17
okay :) everything works now
thanks everyone....or...danke! :D

Compans
Mar-22-2014, 00:48
Hello all.

I'm new to this game. I've installed V 3.0 and 3.1 successfully. I downloaded the 2 parts to V 4.0 and followed the instructions as regards opening the mod installer with 7 zip, but within the folder I don't see an icon but rather another zip file. When I open that I see message about corrupted files. What am doing wrong here?

S! Comp

Compans
Mar-22-2014, 02:36
OK got it sorted. I didn't download the 2 sections one by one.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-22-2014, 02:39
Hi Compans and welcome to Cliffs of Dover and ATAG (I loved your work in the old IL2 by the way assuming you are the same chap). :salute:

Hmmm, something sounds wrong there mate. If you successfully downloaded the two TF4.0 files you need to ensure they are both in the same folder and only unzip the file ending .001. You don't need to unzip the one ending .002. Once that is done you should now have a a zip file called "Mod-v40" and an application file called "Mod 4.0 Installer". You then run the installer (don't need to unzip that new zip file).

If you don't have those two file result from unzipping the .001 file, then something might have been wronh with the download perhaps (?). Remember, the only file you need to unzip is .001 .. none of the others.

Its all covered in Phil's video in the OP of this thread (also found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77gEfnvU_eI&feature=youtu.be)

EDIT: I was typing too slow LOL. Glad you got it sorted mate :thumbsup:

Compans
Mar-22-2014, 11:50
Thankyou Naz. Yes I got it sorted out and it's running pretty well. I hope to do some skinning. It's been a few years though and it seems this game does a bang up job of weathering, which used to be my forte. Still, some beautiful looking skins around here. Thanks again.

S! Comp

A_killer_Wombat
Jul-31-2014, 20:07
Hello guys, I'm new to this game and these forums.

I came to this thread to make sure I download and install this mod correctly but I've noticed that I'm unable to watch the instructional youtube vids that were posted in the OP as if they were taken down or deleted.

Any help or advise would be appreciated :)

ATAG_Septic
Jul-31-2014, 20:56

I came to this thread to make sure I download and install this mod correctly but I've noticed that I'm unable to watch the instructional youtube vids that were posted in the OP as if they were taken down or deleted.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Patch instructions and video here in the Beginners' Section.

Septic.

A_killer_Wombat
Jul-31-2014, 21:17

Septic.

Thank you

Kling
Apr-08-2015, 17:26
Btw MP, the install videos dont work!

Maturecheese
Jun-10-2015, 14:17
The installation instruction video no longer exists so is there somewhere else I can get this information please.

zoo
Jun-10-2015, 14:38
The installation instruction video no longer exists so is there somewhere else I can get this information please.

in the beginners thread, and i had trouble until i turned my antivirus of. then all went ok

also on youtube . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryg9-6iD74s

ATAG_Colander
Jun-10-2015, 14:38

Septic.

Here you go.

Ronald
Jun-20-2015, 15:02

Concerning anti-virus and the patch 4.0. The note to disable the anti-virus while downloading the patch is not placed prominently enough. And nowhere have I seen a note saying that the anti-virus might prevent the expansion of the (.rar) file that contains the 4.0 patch.

In my case the anti-virus program Avast prevented both operations and did so with no notification. A fault of the Avast program but it did produce some annoying experimentation until the source of the problem was determined.

Be prepared to disable the anti-virus during download and expansion of Patch 4.0.

planetalker
Dec-08-2015, 17:36
Hello All,
Brand new to CloD and the ATAG forum. I purchased and installed CloD from Steam yesterday and tried installing the Team Fusion patches today. I was able to download and unzip all the files without issue, however when I went to install patch 3.00 I received the following error message "Folder does not contain a Cliff of Dover installation". I ran the basic steam version a number of times and tried again to install, to no avail. Would anyone here have any idea what the problem is? I appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers!

Edit* Please disregard this post. I finally figured it out.