PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion 17th October 2013 - Patch 4 final progress report before Friday launch :)

Mysticpuma
Oct-17-2013, 19:25
Well I'm sure many keyboards are being prepared for F5 day, which will be great for the next patch as we can call it "Fusion v5.00 day" :)

But that's a long way off, so back to today's final v4.00 patch report before it goes into the wild.

So currently we have been reviewing the final build of the patch, all 2.1Gb of it. This has involved revisiting all the issues that cropped up during final testing and making sure that each one has been fixed. Even now, as I type this final testing is still going on and it's only if something is absolutely crashing the game that the patch wont be delivered.

I am.pleased to say though that currently there is nothing that has appeared in the final.release version (now called just Team Fusion v4.00) which has halted or stalled the schedule...Friday is currently still "Go for launch" :)

Please be aware though that even though it will be Friday very soon, it is 24-hours long! That doesn't mean that it wont be out until 23.59.59, it just means that we will look at the final.reports in the Bug testing thread we have set up in.the Team.Fusion private forums, make a final.decision on whether any bugs (none currently) have cropped up.and delayed the release. We will keep you informed asap should that happen, but please don't get all depressed, after the last few seeks of testing, all additions have been thoroughly tried out and so-far, with the minor bug fixes that have been done, it's all good to go.

At some point tomorrow (as it stands) Patch v4.00 will become 'live'.

Today has been.spent making the release version of the patch as well.as.Philstyle creating a video on how to install the patch to hopefully make it much easier for novices and less experienced users ;)

I would ask you to read the posts in the Update thread to make sure that you see the info. about possibly corrupted .zip files, they aren't corrupted and if you read the posts I made, you'll save yourself a lot of grief!

Today we also set up.a torrent file and have been sharing it amongst ourselves so that there will be a few seeds ready for you to download from once it is launched.

As it stands, Friday will be launch, then we will no doubt spend a week answering questions, then we will be taking a break ti actually have a go with the software we have spent an age updating.

Now, for those.of you who stuck with this thread, we are already looking at features for Patch 5 and have a good idea of what we can now aim.for.

Trust me, if you think Patch v4.00 is good...Patch v5.00 will be outstanding...it's going to be worth the wait and fortunately with Patch v4.00, you'll at-least have something to.do in between ;)

On a last note, in-case you didn't see the post, Team Fusion are featured in PC Pilot Magazine (UK) which is a great publicity boost and we are grateful to them.for their support and interest in what we are doing.

So get some rest chaps, Friday is almost here and you will have some great times ahead, cheers, MP/TF

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-17-2013, 19:41
:hypnotized: It´s friday, it´s friday, it´s friiiiiii daaaayyyy

RAF74_Taipan
Oct-17-2013, 20:27
The amount of work done in the mod has been incredible.

But Id personally like to thank you guys for the wonderful communication. You have kept us informed on a regular basis.

You have foreseen troubles that users may have had, and developed strategies and solution so everybody can migrate to 4.0, and then the regular videos for us on the outside.

And you have taken what was a promising sim and made it way beyond what any game developer could.

Well done to all involved and a massive thankyou

jjohnson241
Oct-17-2013, 22:15
To TF,
Let me echo RAF74_Taipan's thoughts and add a sincere Well Done for your collective efforts. Through your talent and dedication, we're seeing CloD materialize now as the sim we all hoped it would be.
Looking forward to V4.0 and beyond.
:thumbsup:

Blitzen
Oct-18-2013, 01:20
You guys are the bomb!:salute:

knightgames
Oct-18-2013, 02:03
Thanks to you gentlemen for your dedication and perseverance.

Damocles
Oct-18-2013, 02:11
Trust me, if you think Patch v4.00 is good...Patch v5.00 will be outstanding..

You really know how to rain on a parade, don't you :devilish:

Mysticpuma
Oct-18-2013, 02:55
You really know how to rain on a parade, don't you :devilish:

Well, we wouldn't want you thinking we were gong to take a break now would we :)

One of the new features in v5.00 will be......in a Friday update :)

Don't worry, you're going to love v4.00 so much you may forget about v5.00 altogether :devilish:

Oersted
Oct-18-2013, 04:10
It will be great! Thanks so much for your work.

A lot of us fly exclusively online. It would be fantastic to have the new maps feature in the rotation.

Bring it on! :-D

trooph
Oct-18-2013, 04:47
5$ on that the forums will be down due to too many people refreshing it:) (I'll be one of them!)