PDA

View Full Version : Blimey! Just visited the Kickstarter page and it's really quiet over there?

Mysticpuma
Oct-18-2013, 03:53
How strange to see after the intense month of interest in the Kickstarter that it has gone so quiet?

I just visited the Kickstarter page and the difference in interaction is very noticeable.

Looking at the comments, posts are really sporadic with no-one it seems expecting any reply from.Ilya.

I then visited the Development Update thread.

The two previous updates (first EDGE images and Tank images) garnered a reasonable amount of comments and a small.amount of interaction from Ilya. The latest update (3 images of Normandy) just 8 comments.

I also visited the RRG forum at ED and there is a little more interest, but little interaction from.Ilya.

It's really tangible the difference in the Euphoria of the expected journey (felt like we were sat on Concorde) and now it feels like we got taken off it and put on a Greyhound Bus instead!

Anyway, I'm not criticising DCS WWII, just hoping that Ilya gets the orders from.Kickstarter sorted out and then gets back into raising the expectation and hopes of the DCS Community :)

I have to be honest though, the last 3 images of Normandy, I wish he would have rendered them.with all detail.and effects rather than just what looks.like 3 similar screenshots to.the previous images he released.

Cheers, MP

HaJa
Oct-18-2013, 04:10
We are just waiting for the dedicated DCS:1944 site and forum where we can choose our rewards
and take the community forward :D

9./JG52 Ziegler
Oct-18-2013, 05:04
We are a fickle bunch of instant gratification junkies and the kickstarter is for something due in 2014. The 4.0 has got everyone's attention Mate :thumbsup: Maybe they need to take some of TF tactics and have teasers and weekly updates. Heck it's 5am where I am and I'm up looking for the patch!!!!!!!!!!:)

Combat Wombat
Oct-18-2013, 05:20
We are a fickle bunch of instant gratification junkies and the kickstarter is for something due in 2014. The 4.0 has got everyone's attention Mate :thumbsup: Maybe they need to take some of TF tactics and have teasers and weekly updates. Heck it's 5am where I am and I'm up looking for the patch!!!!!!!!!!:) aS AM i EVERY 10 MINUTES :ind:

LG1.Klein
Oct-18-2013, 09:23
He also stated in the last update that he was boarding a plane for Moscow and would not be able to respond to comments or questions much.

I almost wouldn't mind if they just went quiet for a while and only released stuff as it was polished up and ready to go in the game. How many people have complained or possibly been turned off by looking at the early work in progress renderings of EDGE and the horrid stand in images. I would rather them wait and say look at EDGE now that we've got it at least to a Beta stage and not look at EDGE now as we are creating it in its infancy.

DCS is a ways off. Work diligently on it now that you have the money. Release stuff as it is meant to be seen and not just release stuff for the sake of releasing stuff.

Screamadelica
Oct-18-2013, 09:50
Totally agree with Klein. Take the time to do a proper job. Quality over quantity is the best way forward. And I think we're going to be busy with TF4.0 for a little while... :)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 09:54
Totally agree with Klein. Take the time to do a proper job. Quality over quantity is the best way forward. And I think we're going to be busy with TF4.0 for a little while... :)

yep, I think DCS guys should take their time. Hurrying a sim always results in mayhem, rabies and disappointment.

Screamadelica
Oct-18-2013, 10:00
And none of us want rabies... :recon:

Tempered
Oct-19-2013, 18:56
It's kind of a waiting game at this point. No sense in commenting on what little info we have. Let them get some work done and in progress screen shots and I'm sure the boards will liven up with every ones critique.