PDA

View Full Version : Some more TF4 - pre-patch tweak suggestions

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 09:09
Some things you can do before the patch comes out... while you are waiting

Inject FX/ Sweet FX:
You can disable these now, if you had them only to help see dots etc... Unless you want to keep using them for their colouration effects, but you migth have to readjust their settings.

Weapons loadouts
Consider a mixture of ammunition. your loadouts should remain after you patch. So set your loadouts now.

MeshShowLod=1 to =0 in conf.ini file
If you had this at 1, you can now return it to MeshShowLod=0.
visitbility problems should be resolved and you no longer need to endure the FPS hit that having it set to 1 gives you.

Backup yourConfUser.ini
This is where your controls settings are stored - just in case for some "reason" you need set again

ExtyendedClouds in ConfUser.ini
You'll need to add some lines to the ConfUser.ini to allow the extended clouds range. Here is the text (you need both lines - check for a [od] section in the file already):

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Open your "confuser.ini" in notepad
Search for "[MOD]"
If the above search shows nothing, go to the end of the file and add those two lines.
If the above search finds "[MOD]", just add the other line bellow that one.

Up your Graphics settings
Go on.. increase one or two settings that you've been holding back on until now for performance reasons....

Clear the game cache
Just delete the whole folder. It's under mydocuments/ 1c soft club/ il2 sturmovik..MOD/ cache - I think.

Controls
think a bout a key you might assign for zoom-in and zoom-out. See the readme, you can now dynamically zoom.
This control option will be under "keys" and "camera" in the games' control options settings.

Thanks to Black (I still don't like the guy) for correcting the MeshShowLod bit.

Black
Oct-18-2013, 09:20
roflmao

ATAG_EvangelusE
Oct-18-2013, 09:21
Thanks, will do. I assume that the ShowMeshLod entry change is 'MeshShowLod'=0 I cannot see the former in my conf file.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 09:22
Thanks, will do. I assume that the ShowMeshLod entry change is 'MeshShowLod'=0 I cannot see the former in my conf file.

Yep. Fixed above now.

Royraiden
Oct-18-2013, 09:36
Thanks to Black (I still don't like the guy) for correcting the MeshShowLod bit.

:glaughter:

1lokos
Oct-18-2013, 09:43
Make a copy of ConfUser.ini - wheres are your controls settings - case for some "reason" * need set again.

* Tipically user mistakes. :D

Sokol1

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 09:48
Make a copy of ConfUser.ini - wheres are your controls settings - case for some "reason" * need set again.

* Tipically user mistakes. :D

Sokol1

thanks!
Added to the list

Tvrdi
Oct-18-2013, 09:53
Dont forget to defrag drive where you have CLOD installed. After you patch to v4.00.
Very good freeware (better than windows default) defrag tool is MyDefrag.

MyDefrag (http://www.mydefrag.com/Downloads/Download.php?File=MyDefrag-v4.3.1.exe)

Ofcourse, thers no need for that, If you use SSD disk...

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-18-2013, 10:07
Awhile back here I installed Sweet FX: in accordance with something Bliss posted. How do I tell where it is? ---> http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3050&highlight=sweet

Hopper64
Oct-18-2013, 10:14
Thanks to all for their efforts on the new patch. Much appreciated. And one question: will this patch take advantage of SLI? I recently built a new machine and wanted to know if SLI was working. Thanks again.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 10:17
Awhile back here I installed Sweet FX: in accordance with something Bliss posted. How do I tell where it is? ---> http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3050&highlight=sweet

You really only need to find the .dll file, and delete that.

It will be in your main game folder. It should be the d3d9.dll file.

Tvrdi
Oct-18-2013, 10:21

Chief..they should be located in steam/Il2-Cliffs of dover folder...means in root of the game.....files are dxgi.dll, dxgi.fx (which affects Dx11 version of the game), d3d9.dll and d3d9.fx (which affects DX9 version of the game). Than, there is injector.ini, SweetFX_settings (this is where you change things like color correction, AA etc) and SweetFX_preset.....

StormBat
Oct-18-2013, 10:27
You'll need to add some lines to the ConfUser.ini to allow the extended clouds range. Here is the text (you need both lines - check for a [od] section in the file already):

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Hey mate can you elaborate a bit more on this one. which ConfigUser.ini I add the [od] line to. mod? sorry just a little confused here. thank you.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-18-2013, 10:33

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Hey mate can you elaborate a bit more on this one. which ConfigUser.ini I add the [od] line to. mod? sorry just a little confused here. thank you.

Search for "[MOD]"
If the above search shows nothing, go to the end of the file and add those two lines.

Meaks
Oct-18-2013, 10:35

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Thanks Colander :thumbsup:

StormBat
Oct-18-2013, 10:43
Search for "[MOD]"

Sorry what I meant to add was Do I add that to the Programfilesx86,steam,steamapps,common,I-l2sturmovicCLOD Configuser.ini file? or modded folder that was created with the patch? Or is that the same.. Again sorry a little confused.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Oct-18-2013, 10:49
I didn't have a [Mod] section (the posted read me indicates it may or may not be present). If missing then the following lines are to be added at the bottom of the file (I assume GameLanguage=English for my version). The Confuser file is in the Mod version of the game found in the 1csoftclub folder.

[MOD]
GameLanguage=Russian
UseOldHumans=Yes
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Edit by Colander to avoid confusion:
See my latter post on this

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 10:49
Search for "[MOD]"

OP updated to include this. thanks Colander.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-18-2013, 10:57
[MOD]
GameLanguage=Russian
UseOldHumans=Yes
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

- There are two options for "GameLanguage": "Russian" and "Czech"
Other languages are "pulled" from the steam configuration. For example, if you have steam in english, the game will be in english.

- "UseOldHumans=Yes" is only needed if the humans animations cause slowdowns or issues in your PC.

- "ExtendCloudsDistance=yes" will enable the extended distance for clouds. If this line is not there, you will have the vanilla clouds. Do not add this line if you have significant slowdowns with the new clouds as some slow CPUs might encounter.

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Oct-18-2013, 10:57
I didn't have a [Mod] section (the posted read me indicates it may or may not be present). If missing then the following lines are to be added at the bottom of the file (I assume GameLanguage=English for my version). The Confuser file is in the Mod version of the game found in the 1csoftclub folder.

[MOD]
GameLanguage=Russian
UseOldHumans=Yes
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Edit by Colander to avoid confusion:
See my latter post on this

what if i what young humans instead of old?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 10:59
what if i what young humans instead of old?

Shame there isn't UseSexyLadies=yes

Blitzen
Oct-18-2013, 10:59
Stupid Question ( I know..) this will properly install over my current 3.01 modded game?:goofy

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 11:00
Stupid Question ( I know..) this will properly install over my current 3.01 modded game?:goofy

yes.
See the how-to video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77gEfnvU_eI

ATAG_Colander
Oct-18-2013, 11:00

3.01 is a requirement for 4.0 and, of course, to have 3.01 you'll need 3.0

Blitzen
Oct-18-2013, 11:24
Re.Weapons Loadouts...Have never figured this out so it actually works in game...does someone have a how-to vid out or a way of simply plugging in better options than game defaults?
BTW Thanks for this post it will save a lot of headaches for me later in the day!:thumbsup:

Meaks
Oct-18-2013, 11:27
Yes,thanks very much Phil,this has been a great help,I am all set now(rubbing hands)...................just need that darn patch now :)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-18-2013, 11:27
Re.Weapons Loadouts...Have never figured this out so it actually works in game...does someone have a how-to vid out or a way of simply plugging in better options than game defaults?
BTW Thanks for this post it will save a lot of headaches for me later in the day!:thumbsup:

I made a how-to video for RAF loadouts... do you want that link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkmg6xC9LtY

Chivas
Oct-18-2013, 14:08
I'm confused as there are a number of confuser.ini files in IC Softclub, and Steam COD folders. Which one do you add the cloud mod too??? Not sure why COD needs so many ini locations. Please be more specific when indicating folders.

Mysticpuma
Oct-18-2013, 14:53
Hi Chivas, not really our fault about the .ini files, currently it's just the way it is.

Anyway, the ini file you need to change for the clouds is here:

C:\Users\(Your user name here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Open the confuser.ini and add the following line under the [MOD] line:

ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

If you open the confuser.ini and don't see the section called [MOD] just go to the bottom of the text, add a space between the last line of text and then copy and paste the following and when you close the file choose to "save changes":

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

That will give you the new clouds.

Hope that helps, cheers, MP

Chivas
Oct-18-2013, 15:44
Hi Chivas, not really our fault about the .ini files, currently it's just the way it is.

Anyway, the ini file you need to change for the clouds is here:

C:\Users\(Your user name here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Open the confuser.ini and add the following line under the [MOD] line:

ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

If you open the confuser.ini and don't see the section called [MOD] just go to the bottom of the text, add a space between the last line of text and then copy and paste the following and when you close the file choose to "save changes":

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

That will give you the new clouds.

Hope that helps, cheers, MP

Thanks Mystic, I know its not TF's fault, as I've been confused by all the ini locations since COD's first release. ;) But I do prefer to blame someone else for my confusion atleast until total dementia takes control.

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-18-2013, 15:44
I found this in the Steam directory for IL2CloD ---->
d3d9.dll - DirectX 9 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 9 games
d3d9.fx - DirectX 9 specific shader code
dxgi.dll - DirectX 10/11 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 10/11 games
dxgi.fx - DirectX 10/11 specific shader code
injector.ini - Settings for the shader injector dlls - you can reconfigure the keys used in this file
SweetFX readme.txt - This readme
SweetFX_preset.txt - You can choose which settings file to load here - default is to load SweetFX_settings.txt
SweetFX_settings.txt - SweetFX settings. Effects can be turned on and off here, and their settings can be tweaked.

SweetFX/ (directory) - The SweetFX subdirectory. All the shaders, except d3d9.fx and dxgi.fx are stored here.
|- /Presets/ - Presets are stored here.
'- /Game_Compability.txt - Can't make SweetFX work with a game? - You can find help here.

log.log - This logfile is not installed, but will be created when the DirectX proxy dll runs.
If something goes wrong, this file will usually tell you why.

I removed all of them .....

Sabrefly
Oct-29-2013, 13:12
In conf.ini under [rts_joystick] FF=1 by default. Is it force feedback? If so should I turn it off (no ff joystick here)?

Thanks,
Sabrefly.

DarkHelmet
Oct-31-2013, 04:59
In conf.ini under [rts_joystick] FF=1 by default. Is it force feedback? If so should I turn it off (no ff joystick here)?

"The line FF=0 is the Force Feedback toggle. If you're using a force feedback joystick and have forces switched on it will be set FF=1."
(from airwarfare forum. Old, but still valid)

Cheers
Dark