PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion v4.00 Patch - Bug Thread - Please post any bugs you find in this thread

Pages : [1] 2

Mysticpuma
Oct-18-2013, 15:35
As the title says.

Please try and be accurate with your bug reporting. If we read " I launched the game and it crashed", that's really not going to get us far.

So if your game crashes or you spot an incorrect detail/graphic/glitch, then please tell us which mission or map, where it happened or what it was, with as much detail as possible. Cheers, MP

Roblex
Oct-18-2013, 17:29
More 'Feedback' than 'Bugs' but...

Even with perfect trim the spit1a(100) can now only reach 290mph at sea level unboosted with 35% rad and 305mph with boost and 35% rad (then engine blows after 2 mins) Three of us spent a while testing this and got pretty consistent results.

Landscapes looks nice but....the autumn map has brown airfields which I don't agree with. Ploughed fields may be brown but in Autumn and Winter the airfields would still be green (until it snows of course :-P) The airfields look like the IL2-46 North Africa maps.

Readme said spits should now stall quite violently but at low speeds I could only get it to mush. In fact I failed to get the speed below 70 because it just kept dropping the nose and speeding up again. When I forced it to fall out of a tight turn at stall speed it recovered after about two turns.
I tried to cause a high speed stall but the lack of control response at high speed stopped me managing it.

aus
Oct-18-2013, 17:43
G50 cylinder head temperature gauge does not seem to be working, oil temp goes up as normal but cylinder head stays at 30C regardless of cylinder selector position. This is new to this patch, used to work fine. Nice update overall though guys, especially the spotting and landscape.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-18-2013, 17:46
G50 cylinder head temperature gauge does not seem to be working, oil temp goes up as normal but cylinder head stays at 30C regardless of cylinder selector position. This is new to this patch, used to work fine. Nice update overall though guys, especially the spotting and landscape.

Hoping you deleted your cache file?

Did you notice any difference in the G50 performance? It now climbs better.

Archie
Oct-18-2013, 17:56
I am not sure if it is a bug or one off, as I have not flown much yet.
In the offline single mission 'low level' head on attack, picking Hurri's Vs 109E4N's, I saw a few AI 109s going in to the channel (lawn darting) not sure if this is because of the new FM's (AI can't cope?) or the AI need to up their skill level, or as said, just a one off.

Flanker35M
Oct-18-2013, 18:01
S!

TF 4.0 won't even install it seems. Downloaded, unpacked and ran installer, pointed to game folder but no..still shows 3.0 V1 on start screen :( What did I do wrong now?! :(

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-18-2013, 18:03
S!

TF 4.0 won't even install it seems. Downloaded, unpacked and ran installer, pointed to game folder but no..still shows 3.0 V1 on start screen :( What did I do wrong now?! :(

Did you watch the 'How to' install video?

Did you download both elements to the same folder and have them in the same folder when you ran installer?

Did you delete your cache folder?

ATAG_Colander
Oct-18-2013, 18:05
Spit 1a 100:
ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'XLampFuel'

aus
Oct-18-2013, 19:15
I did delete the cache files in the mod folder. I didn't in the stock folder. It does climb better, the engine did not overheat at 2500rpm, full throttle, full radiator and louvre settings, for more than 15min at on the deck altitude also.

Kling
Oct-18-2013, 19:16

I can confirm this bug! :(
Cylinder temp stays at 30.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-18-2013, 19:18
G50 has no head cylinder needle indicator and temperature when we put the mouse over shows -2323092203203 (minus sign). If i recall properly there was the same problem when 3.0 was on the works, it was a simple fix of changing a minus signal on the code.

Catseye
Oct-18-2013, 19:27
In the Spitfire. Stuttering when moving head around using track IR.

More pronounced when bringing ground and buildings into view or near clouds.

Not noticed over open water. Also, seemed more pronounced with the Canopy closed and less or absent with the canopy open.

In the 109 - did not notice this.

Tested with Colander and Snapper online.

EDIT: 24 hours later. Reduced some settings to high or medium from very high and reduced resolution from native 1980 x 1024 to 1600x900. No pauses and no stuttering observed anywhere at anytime with any amount of aircraft involved. 100 participants on the server at this time pings 85. Went to test out the SOW server - pings 185, 65 participants flying - again, smooth and no issues. Heard lots of hits on my aircraft.

Bounder!
Oct-18-2013, 21:06
One issue I am having is I'm not hearing hit effects - had 3 fights and only heard hit sounds in one of them (the first - after that no hit sounds at all). Other chaps on TS are experiencing exactly the same problem. Only tried Spit and Hurricane so far taking hits from 109s - only realised I was taking hits when I saw the damage messages popping up. I took a couple of 109s down on the server tonight from their dead six and they didn't manoeuver at all, like they didn't realise I was shooting at them either. I run the game volume at 100% in game and reduce sound in windows as before. This was not a problem experienced in the previous patch.

[edit]

also:

Little bit weird - I wasn't seeing tracers pass by my a/c from 109s firing from behind - looking back I could see tracers firing wildly around but none passing infront/past my a/c. Maybe all of the pilots were exceptional shots but it didn't look like it looking over my six, at one point I had 3 wildly shoulder shooting each other and I could see the tracer fire wizzing behind and damage messages coming through but no sound and no visible tracers passing me by.

On another note - the Spitfire overheating is well over the top post patch whilst the 109 can fly all day on combat settings as vranac reports. Furthermore, in the Spit the water radiator was dying at temps it shouldn't - at one point I recorded it going at 112'C and 90'C oil in the Spit 1a 100 OCT (limits are 120'C/100'C respectively).

felixfer
Oct-18-2013, 21:07
Anybody is having issues with the recording tracks module? I can not open or record tracks anymore. When trying start recording the program freezes. Any help?

Thanks a lot in advance. The update is wonderful.

Edited: Problem solved. I had forced the launcher.exe to avoid Visual Themes, and it seems that under this condition recording neither playing tracks doesn't work at all. Once unchecked in the Compatibility label of the Properties menu, I have recovered the access to the tracks module. Sorry for the disturbing alarm.

No.401_Wolverine
Oct-18-2013, 23:47
Few things I noticed. I cleared the 'cache' folder before installing. Ran the game once, quit, and then reloaded before playing at all:

1. Observed after baling out of aircraft. When my aircraft hits the water (watching from the parachute) it explodes rather than causing a splash.

Screenshot: Tail end of explosion circled.

2. Light sources produce ambient light only when the source itself is on your screen. The moment it moves beyond your screen edge, all the ambient light disappears.

3. Bullet casing appear to be squares for a few moments before turning into casings (must hold the fire down for a bit before the casings appear - if you let up, the problem begins again such that a series of short bursts will only show squares). UPDATE: Couldn't replicate this issue again in Single Player or Multiplayer - possible solution was I changed settings in video options (AA set to 0 and SSAO turned ON).

4. (edit - removed bug as I think it was on my end)

5. Spitfire does seem to be quite slow now - very difficult to reach and sustain 300+mph at SL without blowing it up.

StiC
Oct-19-2013, 00:02
Great work guys, just a few thing about the contrails.

5001 If I were to look left some, the contrails would appear as normal.

5002 UFO Dogfight?

Anyway, Thanks again.

No.401_StiC

Hubert Bigglesworth
Oct-19-2013, 00:09
In the Spitfire. Stuttering when moving head around using track IR.

More pronounced when bringing ground and buildings into view or near clouds.

Not noticed over open water. Also, seemed more pronounced with the Canopy closed and less or absent with the canopy open.

In the 109 - did not notice this.

Tested with Colander and Snapper online.

Hi

I've only flown for a couple of hour so far but...

Same as above for me too. In Hurri, Spit and Blenhiem, Definatly smoother with canopy open but really hard work to look around with canopy closed especially when looking at instrument pannel.
Also lots of micro stutters over land and water, I keep seeing my propeller stop.
I've lost around 10fps over water and 10-15fps over land, same online or offline.
Own tracers are now very hard to see.
When looking at other planes from the cockpit they all now look kind of grey in colour (not sure if this is the new reflections) but colours look ok when using external view.

I followed the install instructions and deleted cache and shader files before download and installing the mod, but i do have 3 files labled MODINSTALLBACKUP in the cache folder which i didnt delete, as i wasn't sure wether to delete these or not ?

I'm using the same video and sound settings as with v3.01. But with v4.00 frame rate loss and stutters are a problem for me.

Please dont take any of the above as a complaint, just giving feed back.

A big well done and thankyou to everyone involved in the patch.

S!! Hub..

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-19-2013, 02:09
Moderator's comment: Hi everyone. I'm not a member of Team Fusion, nor am I on their beta team. I would ask everyone to remember that every member of Team Fusion is an unpaid volunteer who has given up personal time -- including playing time -- to work on this patch. Also, please keep in mind that this patch is free of charge....no one has paid a red cent for it. In that light, as moderator of the ATAG Forum, I ask that everyone please restrain themselves from snide comments, insults, or other rudeness when posting bugs and glitches. Back up any complaints with, whenever possible, data/videos/screenshots/details/etc which would be enormously helpful for Team Fusion to hopefully recreate the problem and squish the bug or make adjustments.

Like mission designers, Team Fusion members are a rare and valued commodity to us. Whiners like ourselves are a dime a dozen. Let's think ahead a bit of what effect our self serving comments will have on someone who simply wants to make a great sim even better.

Thanks,

Snapper

Roblex
Oct-19-2013, 03:02
Can I add that my own observation about the Spit top speed was more about the boost. Getting 290mph unboosted at sea-level is lower than we were getting before but it does actually match the official figures and tests at 10,000ft also gave correct figures unboosted when we corrected for TAS. The problem is that engaging BCO should give an immediate and noticeable boost but what we get is a very gradual 15mph increase that takes about 90 seconds to achieve then leaves only another 30 seconds before the engine blows. We tried reducing the revs to 2800 and tried juggling the rads but there are only two results; slow down or blow up.

Unfortunately official test reports don't describe how the aircraft responds to BCO (though it does seem to indicate it should last at least 5 minutes) so we can only go by pilots combat reports such as

"I was beginning to breathe again when rat-tat-tat behind me and tracer appeared over the cockpit, the bullets churning up a patch of foam in the water a hundred yards ahead. It was then that I remembered the automatic boost cut-out, a device giving maximum power from the engine for use in emergency. I pushed the lever down and felt the surge of power from the Merlin in front of me as the aircraft accelerated."
-F/LT Brian Lane -May 1940

or this from P/O Art Donahue in August 1940

I was flying in our leader’s section, on his left. As he gave the command “Full throttle”, his plane started to draw ahead, away from me. I pushed in my emergency throttle in response to the command, the first time I had ever used it, and my engine fairly screamed with new power. I felt my plane speeding up like a high spirited horse that has been spurred.

or P/O Roger Hall 4th September

I could see Yellow Section in front and above us also, going at full boost. Black streams of petrol vapour were coming away from their engines. ‘Better use your energy boost, Roger,’ Ferdie called out to me, as he started to increase speed himself. The makers stipulated that the emergency boost must not be used for more than five consecutive minutes, but now the occasion seemed to warrant the risk. I throttled back, pushed the red half-lever forward and then opened up the main throttle again. Immediately the aircraft seemed to leap forward with a jolt, hitting me in the back as it did so, and the engine started to vibrate – black smoke pouring out of each exhaust port. The engine vibration transmitted itself to the entire aircraft and I began to appreciate the maker’s instructions.

Many of us have read Geoffrey Wellums autobiography and in there you read

"Automatically I have followed my self-imposed drill that I always do at times like this. Reflector sight on; gun button to fire; airscrew pitch to 2,650 revs; better response. Press the emergency boost override. Lower my seat a notch and strap tight. Ok men, I’m all set. Let battle commence."

This is pre-combat and does not seem to be something you would do if it blows your engine after 2-3 minutes!

this one indicates the extra speed available over the 109 when engaging BCO

As I broke away two ME.109's got onto my tail. I dived steeply with the 2 e/a following me, one was on my tail and the other on my port quarter. As I dived to ground level I throttled back slightly and the e/a on my tail over shot me and I was able to get a three seconds burst at a range of about 50 to 100 yards. He seemed to break away slowly to the right as though he was badly hit and I think he crashed. The second ME.109 then got onto my tail but I got away from it by using the boost cut out.
- P/O John Freeborn - May 1940

So after slowing down to let a 109 overshoot he was able to accelerate away from another 109 that was already on his tail. The way I see it, having just a few mph over the 109 would not help here as he would be shot to bits before getting out of range.

Can I just add that, apart from this and my minor niggle about Autumn airfield colour, I love the new patch. WTG!

Major Tom
Oct-19-2013, 03:33
Hi

I've only flown for a couple of hour so far but...

Same as above for me too. In Hurri, Spit and Blenhiem, Definatly smoother with canopy open but really hard work to look around with canopy closed especially when looking at instrument pannel.
Also lots of micro stutters over land and water, I keep seeing my propeller stop.
I've lost around 10fps over water and 10-15fps over land, same online or offline.
Own tracers are now very hard to see.
When looking at other planes from the cockpit they all now look kind of grey in colour (not sure if this is the new reflections) but colours look ok when using external view.

I followed the install instructions and deleted cache and shader files before download and installing the mod, but i do have 3 files labled MODINSTALLBACKUP in the cache folder which i didnt delete, as i wasn't sure wether to delete these or not ?

I'm using the same video and sound settings as with v3.01. But with v4.00 frame rate loss and stutters are a problem for me.

Please dont take any of the above as a complaint, just giving feed back.

A big well done and thankyou to everyone involved in the patch.

S!! Hub..Having performance issues as well although still very playable. Frames drop considerably when clouds or buildings are coming into view, then the frames stabilize back to sixty. In 3.01 this was not nearly as noticeable as now. Visibility of aircraft is great! Thanks! Using gigabyte gtx770 OC 4gb vram, i7 3820@4.43, 16gb quad channel ram. Didn't update sig yet.

SG1_sandokito
Oct-19-2013, 03:58
Can't turn left or rights ju's 88 gun sight. You can't correct win deviation if this no work.

Thx tf

Roblex
Oct-19-2013, 03:58
duplicate. Delete please.

MadTommy
Oct-19-2013, 04:50
Spitfire 1a (100oct)

Gear up/down lock lights were not appearing for me. Neither would light up.

I've only flown briefly but noticed this. Bug?

Cheers

varrattu
Oct-19-2013, 05:14
Moderator's comment: Hi everyone. I'm not a member of Team Fusion, nor am I on their beta team. I would ask everyone to remember that every member of Team Fusion is an unpaid volunteer who has given up personal time -- including playing time -- to work on this patch. Also, please keep in mind that this patch is free of charge....no one has paid a red cent for it. In that light, as moderator of the ATAG Forum, I ask that everyone please restrain themselves from snide comments, insults, or other rudeness when posting bugs and glitches. Back up any complaints with, whenever possible, data/videos/screenshots/details/etc which would be enormously helpful for Team Fusion to hopefully recreate the problem and squish the bug or make adjustments.

Like mission designers, Team Fusion members are a rare and valued commodity to us. Whiners like ourselves are a dime a dozen. Let's think ahead a bit of what effect our self serving comments will have on someone who simply wants to make a great sim even better.

Thanks,

Snapper

:thumbsup: A Big Thank You Snapper ! :thumbsup:

:clap:Many many thanks to you all Team Fusion! Please keep on working.:clap:

Please try fixing the BF110 turn indicator bug. The needle is still showing the opposite direction in turns.

Regards :salute:

Varrattu

vranac
Oct-19-2013, 05:29
:salute:
Stutters online are a bit random so I would not draw any conclusions that the 109 is stutter free and the Spit not. Try to replicate this offline :thumbsup:

Mattias, someone else also noticed that but in the 3.01 patch.

Accidentally discovered a strange detail - in three monitor setup opening canopy in Hurricane frame rate increases of nearly 30%. Full screenshots lead did not just stuck in a corner full-overlay thumbnails:

The assumption that the influence of "cockpit" shadows (with a closed canopy there is much more) it is not justified - with disabled shadows of the picture is about the same (gain less, but only slightly).
Is the "glazed canopy" is so resource-intensive? If so, then its optimization (TF suddenly in that direction to look) can seriously increase the meager performance of CoD.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68949&p=2025832&viewfull=1#post2025832

Cybermat47
Oct-19-2013, 05:31
NJG 1 isn't showing up in the aircraft customization screen or the FMB. No idea why.

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 05:35
Mattias, someone else also noticed that but in the 3.01 patch.

Well, if that was posted in any bug thread on this forum I must have missed it.

All closed canopy cockpits are subject to the same internal reflections and shadows, so it does seem very strange this would only affect the Spit and Hurri...

If this is true I'm very puzzled this did not show up under the nearly 2 months of beta testing :goofy

trooph
Oct-19-2013, 06:14
More 'Feedback' than 'Bugs' but...

Even with perfect trim the spit1a(100) can now only reach 290mph at sea level unboosted with 35% rad and 305mph with boost and 35% rad (then engine blows after 2 mins) Three of us spent a while testing this and got pretty consistent results.
This... If needed i can post a YT vid.
I tried to reach 300mph boosted at sea lvl. All i could achieve was around 298 mph in spit 1a 100oct.
Trimmed and carefully flown. It blows after 2 mins (shouldnt it be 5?)
Even at 100% radiator temps are violently going up untill failure.
A test before i could achive around 305 mph with 30-35 rads full boost and 100% prop. No matter what i do with the prop it still blows up too darn quick

evilvoland
Oct-19-2013, 07:53
Mission " Night time intercept over London"

The lights and the spotlights shines through the cockpit:

And the question is: did not get the patch fixes drawing houses?

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 07:58

Doh! :doh: We fixed this a while back but apparently the bug has sneaked back on us... we will correct this :thumbsup:

Screamadelica
Oct-19-2013, 07:59
Flew a Quick Mission, Channel Intercept Bombers. Flying back along the coast noticed areas of land near the estuary at Shoreham that seemed to be unrendered buildings that have the appearance of bright paint spots, almost neon like.

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 08:29
It doesn't take a week to notice that certain planes now cannot reach speeds they were able to last patch and historically

In the former patch our FM guys could not get the FM's as close to historical records as they wished due to limitations in the code, so there should not be an "and" in your above statement :thumbsup:

In many cases the planes in TF3.01 had a level speed slightly above historical levels at certain altitudes as a compromise to allow them a historical climb rate.

Cheers/m

Ubiquitous
Oct-19-2013, 09:27
1.) When flying a quick mission with an air start I find that my force feedback often doesn't work -- i.e. no centering force. After half a minute or so it kicks back in and everything is as normal.

I have the same problem when returning to the game after alt-tabbing to desktop, but that issue was also present under the previous patch.

I am using an MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 on Windows 7 64bit.

2.) Maybe nothing to do with the patch, but my steam overlay no longer seems to work properly. I am unable to take screenshots in game or access the overlay. Once I exit the flight to return to main menu the earlier screenshot requests get processed and I get a screenshot of the menu.

--

These are minor wrinkles in what has otherwise been a great experience for me.

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 09:34
1.) When flying a quick mission with an air start I find that my force feedback often doesn't work -- i.e. no centering force. After half a minute or so it kicks back in and everything is as normal.

I have the same problem when returning to the game after alt-tabbing to desktop, but that issue was also present under the previous patch.

2.) Maybe nothing to do with the patch, but my steam overlay no longer seems to work properly. I am unable to take screenshots in game or access the overlay. Once I exit the flight to return to main menu the earlier screenshot requests get processed and I get a screenshot of the menu.

--

1. I have the same problem and we did not manage to fix it for this patch :( Not a game breaker though -just a bit annoying :)

2. That sounds a bit odd. I have not experienced this problem with any version of this sim, but now and then I do read post reporting problems with taking screenshots. Not sure what's causing it and it's hard to find a solution as I can't replicate the problem. Please port here if you find a way to get the overlay back :thumbsup:

bolox
Oct-19-2013, 10:11

re lights shining through cockpit-try effects=high,

drawing houses? what exactly do you mean?

buster_dee
Oct-19-2013, 10:30
Sun bug (unless I screwed up the install of course): I'm flying Spit at 5PM. As I turn right into the pattern, my nose crosses the sun. I just happen to turn on my gunsight at that moment. A huge glare attaches itself to the gun sight (like a second sun, in my case, to the left side of the sight base) and continues until my nose has passed the sun or I turn off the sight.

Really cool, but not particularly useful. Read no sarcasm in my comment. I'm delighted that TF cares enough to keep this beautiful sim alive. I don't even care if some things go against my tastes.

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 10:34
Sun bug (unless I screwed up the install of course): I'm flying Spit at 5PM. As I turn right into the pattern, my nose crosses the sun. I just happen to turn on my gunsight at that moment. A huge glare attaches itself to the gun sight (like a second sun, in my case, to the left side of the sight base) and continues until my nose has passed the sun or I turn off the sight.

Really cool, but not particularly useful. Read no sarcasm in my comment. I'm delighted that TF cares enough to keep this beautiful sim alive. I don't even care if some things go against my tastes.

Sounds weird but nothing surprises me in this sim :)
We will have a look, but it does not sound like a game breaker as turning the sight off and on again solved it, right? :thumbsup:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-19-2013, 10:55
Some comment on the spitfire boost. This is not to validate or discredit the patch in any way, but rather just to provide some commentary on what is achievable for me.

I am able to maintain 300mph IAS in level flight for 6 or more minutes (gave up testing at that point) with 2800rpm, 110% throttle and 50% radiators. If the RPM goes above the 2850 mark the engine starts to overheat quite quickly, requiring more radiator. Note that this is only at 2800rpm.
1. 2800RPM
2. 110% Throttle setting
3. 50% Radiator setting
4. 300mpg (+/-2) IAS
5. 100ft altitude
6. 6 minutes+ time taken for radiator to damage

With 110% throttle, 50% radiator and 3000rpm I can get about 1 minute 45 seconds of flight before my radiator starts venting.

I do not see an obvious speed increase from 2800rpm to 3000rpm in level flight.

I would advise everyone to report their experiences in this manner;
1. RPM
2. Throttle setting
3. Radiator setting
4. IAS
5. altitude
6. Time taken for radiator to damage

Mysticpuma
Oct-19-2013, 11:07
Hi guys. Thanks for the reports on the Spitfire.
It's important to remember we went through weeks of testing before anything was added to the final.compile.
Now please also.understand that not every member of the team is an FM expert, only a select few work on that one specific item.

So just because "no-one on Team Fusion is replying" isn't because we don't want to, it's because a lot of don't know.
Also remember, that this has been months of work in.our spare time,maybe our FM experts are just taking a break after the intensity of the last few weeks?

Finally after all that testing, we do appreciate the reports from players who are having issues with the aircraft. Accurate detailed reports of the issues are welcome.as these give us direction where to focus our efforts, but please understand, weeks.of testing to get to where we are doesn't mean that after one day of the patch being out, we can just re-write it straight away.

As it stands now, the patch is out. If there are any issues or bugs or (as the previous set of posts list) other issues, we have to give time for these issues to be collected, verified and then possibly 'hotfixed'.

So thanks for the feedback and reports. Please give us time to check over the data you are reporting and as you can see, we will keep regular contact with the community to let you know how it's going.

Cheers, MP

buster_dee
Oct-19-2013, 11:32
Sounds weird but nothing surprises me in this sim :)
We will have a look, but it does not sound like a game breaker as turning the sight off and on again solved it, right? :thumbsup:

Did a bit more testing. It's not only Spit/sight-related. In 109, it seems anything in 'pit trying to reflect sun gets this high reflection (with red band around it in most intense examples). In the Spit, the site toggle affected. In the 109, it happened mostly on left cockpiy sill (and Throttle knob glowed red). Anyway, it only happens with shadows on and other settings above medium. Before duplicating it, I had increased each setting individually. I haven't checked every combo but, bottim line seems to be:

Global Medium with shadows on, OK
Global Hi with shadows on, not OK

Mission time was 1900, clear skies. (oops, I said 1700 at 1st)
Spit and 109 had sun within my FoV

I have:
MSI XPower II running i73820 at mild OC of 4G.
32G RAM
Single MSI GTX-670 Power Edition 2G VRAM (no performance tweaks)
Drivers 326.98
Windows 7 with latest Updates

Torric270
Oct-19-2013, 11:37
Can't turn left or rights ju's 88 gun sight. You can't correct win deviation if this no work.

Thx tf

Yep, this has been broken since Luthier's last patch and is on the list

evilvoland
Oct-19-2013, 12:07
re lights shining through cockpit-try effects=high,

drawing houses? what exactly do you mean?

Ok! Yes, high effects work, medium - no.. but fps =)

about houses, i mean this thread:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3937

i have:

Or is it also depends on the settings?

And one: damage decals.. not working yet?

And ofcourse: big thanks for the patch! fps is high and now shadows set to on! Vehicle - is super!

Kling
Oct-19-2013, 12:29

--

Hey, I have the same stick as you! Its a problem of MS FF2 stick!
I have a solution however!

When you fly german planes, after you have taken off, you need to once fire your MGs and then your cannons. After this is done, you will lose ALL force feedback. To get it back you must reduce speed by climbing to 250km/h, then the Force feedback comes back with a kick and will stay with you for the rest of the mission.

For allied planes, while flying, you can just either quickly press escape and then "fly" to get back to your plane in order for the FF to come back OR you can just reduce the speed until the FF comes back!
Its annoying but it works!

;)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-19-2013, 13:42
Salute

Thanks to everyone for their observations. :thumbsup:

Regarding the use of 1.42 ata on the DB601N engine, this was clearly indicated as being in use. I normally do not post explaining in detail all the documents and logic behind my decisions on Flight Modelling, but in this case, I will as an example post a detailed outline of my research and analysis later tonight.

Regarding the overheating in the Merlin's preventing historical speeds being able to be reached, after checking it myself, it is likely the tendency to overheat is overdone, so I will make some changes in this area in a TF 4.01 patch. (no I can't say how long this will be, as in the TF 3.01 for TF 3.0 we won't patch until we have clearly identified all the bugs present in TF 4.0) Setting overheat in the aircraft is a very delicate business, and even a small difference in the height at which the overheat is set can make a large difference. Normally we set overheat at the maximum altitude at which the supercharger can deliver full 5 minute power, or Full Throttle Height, this is the altitude at which the supercharger is spinning at its maximum speed and producing the maximum power, hence the maximum heat, but sometimes this varies by a few hundred feet or meters as a function of ramming effect. If the setting is done at the wrong altitude, this can cause the radiator's cooling capacity to be overvalued or undervalued, and this may be the case with the Merlins. Even a small change can mean a difference of minutes at full throttle.

Thanks for your patience :salute:

Marmus
Oct-19-2013, 13:56
Flew a Quick Mission, Channel Intercept Bombers. Flying back along the coast noticed areas of land near the estuary at Shoreham that seemed to be unrendered buildings that have the appearance of bright paint spots, almost neon like.

Can you repeat this bug? And post screenshots?

Thanks.

Osprey
Oct-19-2013, 14:25
Salute

Regarding the use of 1.42 ata on the DB601N engine, this was clearly indicated as being in use. I normally do not post explaining in detail all the documents and logic behind my decisions on Flight Modelling, but in this case, I will as an example post a detailed outline of my research and analysis later tonight.

Regarding the overheating in the Merlin's preventing historical speeds being able to be reached, after checking it myself, it is likely the tendency to overheat is overdone, so I will make some changes in this area in a TF 4.01 patch. (no I can't say how long this will be, as in the TF 3.01 for TF 3.0 we won't patch until we have clearly identified all the bugs present in TF 4.0) Setting overheat in the aircraft is a very delicate business, and even a small difference in the height at which the overheat is set can make a large difference. Normally we set overheat at the maximum altitude at which the supercharger can deliver full 5 minute power, or Full Throttle Height, this is the altitude at which the supercharger is spinning at its maximum speed and producing the maximum power, hence the maximum heat, but sometimes this varies by a few hundred feet or meters as a function of ramming effect. If the setting is done at the wrong altitude, this can cause the radiator's cooling capacity to be overvalued or undervalued, and this may be the case with the Merlins. Even a small change can mean a difference of minutes at full throttle.

Thanks for your patience :salute:

Thank you Buzzsaw. One assumes that by 'merlins' you include the Hurricane, we have the same problem.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-19-2013, 14:29
Thank you Buzzsaw. One assumes that by 'merlins' you include the Hurricane, we have the same problem.

Yes, I set all the Merlins at the same altitude, which it seems was off a bit for the last beta. As changes are made to the engines in the game, that goes all the way down line in causing changes in other areas, so each time I make a change, I have to reset the overheat.

In this case I was adjusting the speed at altitude by varying the ramming effect, and in doing so, that changed the altitude I should have set the overheat. But I set it at the level which would have worked for the old ram factor, not the new, that was my mistake.

V@s'OK
Oct-19-2013, 14:53
The full map editor, written in the winter channel in English and Russian localization maps of summer and autumn channel have the same name, and where it is impossible to know what :)

vranac
Oct-19-2013, 14:59
Thank you Buzzsaw.
Can you tell us something about no overheating of 109's with constant( well, with short pauses) use of WEP ( 50% oil rad, 3/4 water rad) .
I tried 109E3 and nothing changed from 3.01 patch. I was hoping that this will be corrected in TF 4.0.
Spitfires overheated with BC on low altitudes and above 15.000 ft 2800 rpm (100% rad) in 3.01 and 109's didn't have those problems at all with 50% oil rad, 3/4 water rad.
( I'm talking about slow speed fights at high altitude)

I completely understand complexity of the engine and I heard about it from someone that had inside look before development was closed.

I want to thank you all again for your work and dedication.

jjohnson241
Oct-19-2013, 15:14
Not "bugs" per se but noticed the following in the Quick Mission - Bomber Intercept - Channel mission:
- AI run off the end of the runway when returning from mission. Note, this behavior was reported in TF 3.0/3.1 and a bug report was submitted.
- No whitecaps or breaking surf in channel and along shoreline. Not sure if either depend on direction or strength of wind in mission but effects in TF 4 are definitely "muted" in comparison to TF 3.1. The off-shore whitecap effect (or lack thereof) in TF 4 is OK I guess (read liveable but I really liked the TF 3 effect) but I believe that there should be a surf effect at the shoreline.

Continuing to play with TF 4.0 but wanted to say great job to TF on the patch and to thank the team for monitoring and responding to questions and obsaervations in this thread. :thumbsup:

PFT_Endy
Oct-19-2013, 15:18
There's one more thing regarding overheating of Spits etc.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but it's now also very difficult to drop temperature levels even without boost on. Try heating water to say 115-120 degrees, then make sure boost is disabled, open radiator to full and start diving. The temperature drops very very slowly, 1 degrees every 10-20 seconds, full normal throttle, even at speed at around 400mph. It seems it's affected by the same overheating issue Buzzsaw described, so not only do you overheat much faster but it's also much more difficult to get the temps down now.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-19-2013, 15:33
Thank you Buzzsaw.
Can you tell us something about no overheating of 109's with constant( well, with short pauses) use of WEP ( 50% oil rad, 3/4 water rad) .
I tried 109E3 and nothing changed from 3.01 patch. I was hoping that this will be corrected in TF 4.0.
Spitfires overheated with BC on low altitudes and above 15.000 ft 2800 rpm (100% rad) in 3.01 and 109's didn't have those problems at all with 50% oil rad, 3/4 water rad.

I completely understand complexity of the engine and I heard about it from someone that had inside look before development was closed.

I want to thank you all again for your work and dedication.

There have actually been a lot of changes in TF 4.0 with the 109 overheating pattern when compared to TF 3.01. So I am going to have to disagree with you there. It is easier to overheat them, and more radiator is required to maintain normal temperatures. Definitely not perfect, that is a function of atmospheric density issues which are at the root of a lot of the FM problems in CoD. We haven't yet found those in the core code, but are still hoping to find this very large bug and finally squash it.

DennydD
Oct-19-2013, 15:52
Small thing: I have no NJG 1 in blue/german/destroyers nor anywhere else. So the right crosses do not appear on the plane.

Any ideas? Did I miss something?

Epic work guys. :salute:

Marmus
Oct-19-2013, 16:41
The full map editor, written in the winter channel in English and Russian localization maps of summer and autumn channel have the same name, and where it is impossible to know what :)

I guess you are saying we screwed up the Russian language map names? Suggestions for renaming would be welcome.

VO101_Kurfurst
Oct-19-2013, 17:07
Thank you Buzzsaw.

"Corrected" as in..? Without the 1-min rating, the 109E should not overheat with 3/4 water rad and 50% oil rad - at least at high speed - the temps should be constant. WEP gives about 10% more power on the 109, so it might not translate to that much extra heat.

Given that the Spitfire's cooling system was designed for an 1000 HP engine (i.e. at +6.25 psi) and the BC gives you about 30% more power in overload it shouldn't be that much of a surprise if the cooling system could not cope with the extra 30% heat all that well and would overheat quicker. I fear there isn't any test results for the BC cooling capacity, but if the thing meets historical specs for 6.25 boost levels, its probably not too far away for BC. Again remember the BC is lot, lot more power under the hood.

The Mark V had about the same boost and power but the coolant system was enlarged. I strongly suspect it was inadequate for +12.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-19-2013, 17:25
Given that the Spitfire's cooling system was designed for an 1000 HP engine (i.e. at +6.25 psi) and the BC gives you about 30% more power in overload it shouldn't be that much of a surprise if the cooling system could not cope with the extra 30% heat all that well and would overheat quicker.

Kurfurst is correct in mentioning the Spit I and IA cooling systems were built with +6 boost and 87 octane in mind regards cooling requirements.

However, all radiator systems have excess capacity built in, and the Merlin III was no exception.

So while the radiator would have more difficulty in removing all the extra heat generated by +12 boost, it would not be an impossibility.

But the Merlin III was not optimized to do this. People should be aware the Spit IIA, which was intended to run 100 octane and +12 boost in the Merlin XII engine, had a complete radiator re-design to provide more efficient cooling. The Merlin XII had the same swept volume as the Merlin III.

Kurfurst is also correct in mentioning cooling tests were done at all out level speeds, which provides a lot more volume of air passing through the radiator than when the aircraft is operating at low maneuver speeds, and therefore much more heat transfer. This applies to both sides aircraft.

Swoop
Oct-19-2013, 17:28
I am not sure if it is a bug or one off, as I have not flown much yet.
In the offline single mission 'low level' head on attack, picking Hurri's Vs 109E4N's, I saw a few AI 109s going in to the channel (lawn darting) not sure if this is because of the new FM's (AI can't cope?) or the AI need to up their skill level, or as said, just a one off.

Had the same, after the initial pass the 109 climbs up and on the way down to attack ends up in the Sea, this happened with Spits2A v 109E4N and Hurricane v 109E1 - maybe a control failure with the AI 109 trying to pulling out?

Also is there a workaround to keep gun loadouts in offline quick missions?

Thanks for the tip re the MSFF2, I'll try that :)

Fantastic efforts TF and keeping this sim alive, a big thank you!!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-19-2013, 17:45
Had the same, after the initial pass the 109 climbs up and on the way down to attack ends up in the Sea, this happened with Spits2A v 109E4N and Hurricane v 109E1 - maybe a control failure with the AI 109 trying to pulling out?

Also is there a workaround to keep gun loadouts in offline quick missions?

Thanks for the tip re the MSFF2, I'll try that :)

Fantastic efforts TF and keeping this sim alive, a big thank you!!

We have made an adjustment to the default skill levels of the AI to compensate for their tendency to 'lawndart'. And TF 3.01 missions which have default values for their AI will have those values automatically changed to the new ones. However, if you are running a mission which has custom skill settings for the AI, then you could see problems, as these would not be changed.

Also, it may be that the changes we have made are not enough and we will need to get into the AI code or perhaps create special versions of the aircraft for AI.

All reports on the AI behaviour are welcome. :thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-19-2013, 17:50
ATAG_Lolsav
ATAG Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaG39 View Post
Just taxing the Hurricane for my first trial of this patch and while trying to find the runway tall grass instantly materialized just under the nose, and even though I was going very very slow the
engine crapping out noise began and the aircraft instantly did a nose dive.

Now perhaps the 1940 real life hurricane couldn't taxi through tall grass, but my old porter with a pt-6 did it just fine. unless, Of course, the turf was soft or deep mud...

I bet you were inside a hangar. Its a know "feature" since day 1 of CLOD, on official patches. Theres a little bump when you taxi out of the hangar and it makes your nose dive. You have to hold the stick back to prevent it and taxi really slowly. Youll get the hang of it, just dont be disheart for such a small thing

Oh good grief pardner...since when has tall grass grown inside a hanger? and yes, I know where the bump just outside the hanger door is. and yes, I do know how to hold back stick on a tail dragger.

the tall grass is on the field in various spots and you can not taxi the Hurricane or perhaps other aircraft through it without the aircraft nosing over. try it yourself and you will see what I mean.

The tall grass and rough areas have the same effect on all aircraft. And for whatever reason, they are more noticeable when you are taxing, you can land on wheels in rough terrain and be ok. Another little bug with the game.

Solution at the moment is not to taxi behind the hangers, keep to the nice short grass. ;)

Winston
Oct-19-2013, 18:45
Perhaps a bit of redundancy in the German FF cannon loadout screen. Makes loading your belts a bit confusing. As there are only 3 FF rounds listed in the readme, are these entries the same?

http://i43.tinypic.com/v4whfk.jpg

AV8R
Oct-19-2013, 19:18
Perhaps a bit of redundancy in the German FF cannon loadout screen. Makes loading your belts a bit confusing. As there are only 3 FF rounds listed in the readme, are these entries the same?

The way I look at the Axis gun load screens is this...
Think of yourself as an armorer loading a long gun belt.
Your job is to load this gun belt (ie the whole 9 yards) with ammo in the right sequence and quantity.
You have 3 different kinds of ammo to deal with different mission and target objectives.
Basically armor piercing, explosive, and incendiary; and with or without tracers.

You build this train of ammo like a train of cars, each car in sequence carrying the load you want for that place in the train. So if you want two of the kind in a row, then separated by a different kind, followed by a third kind for 3 in a row; you can do that sort of thing.

Then you can make the other gun next to it do the same sequence of types for symmetry or you can make it different. I like making them different so its like two different kinds hitting at the same instant. Like one to rip open the a/c (AP) and another to set it aflame (incendiary). Explosive when I want to take down bombers or a2g targets, especially soft ones.

Then theres the whole fun of deciding the convergence distance and being exact so you know where the rounds hit at what range to target. And not just to it, but knowing the length to pilot or engine from behind to bring the greatest impact to target. Also allow for there are two deflection cross over points as the bullet stream flies in an arc. And of course dealing with the different angles the wing cannons are on versus the nose MGs which are almost centerline. Always have to experiment and tweak.

But the short answer is you can have the same ammo type on the bullet side of the ammo GUI, as you are building an ammo pulse train for each gun.

PS..
Thank you very much TF for keeping the dream alive.
Your selfless works are appreciated by so many, well done.

gavagai
Oct-19-2013, 20:00
Clouds in the distance look like they're cut in half along the horizontal axis.

Yes, I added these lines to my confuser.ini

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Kling
Oct-19-2013, 20:17

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

This is a known bug with extended clouds if you are not running your grpahics on highest setting...! U must run "landscape" detail on original I THINK( I cant remember which one it was to be honest).. We had this during the beta testing! Run all graphics on max and then take everything off one step at the time to figure out exactly which one it is! Its in your graphics option!

gavagai
Oct-19-2013, 20:49
Ok, I had the same bug before I added the mod line to the confuser.ini. I had hoped that using the extended clouds would fix it.

DennydD
Oct-19-2013, 21:40
Ok, I try again: I can't choose the NJG 1 in the planes section. I don't see the right "Balkenkreuz" for the Bf110 C-4 NJG. Ideas?

Salmo
Oct-19-2013, 21:46
As a TF member, I've spend a great deal of wasted time reading through the posts in this thread to see if there are any bug issues I can deal with. It's suposed to be a BUG REPORT thread, but several people have hijacked it & turned it into a general discussion thread about what they think the game should be like, or what should or should not be in the game, or to ask questions about game issues.

This makes it very difficult for TF members to find & deal with true bug issues. Please, please, everyone just report bugs & don't enter into discussions.

Moderators: can we please delete irrelevent posts not actually related to bug reports.

Moderator edit: Done.

To those whom I deleted your posts, my apologies. I detest deleting posts other than spam or abusive ones. This action is rare and done out of expediency and consideration for the Team Fusion members who are actively dealing with reported bugs. If you had a post that was deleted by me that you feel dealt with an unresolved issue, please feel free to start a new thread accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Snapper

Hubert Bigglesworth
Oct-19-2013, 23:25
Hi..

I just noticed that the first time i load the game after booting my pc up and I go to the plane selection screen, I get the window which shows the plane with the skin i have selected, all ok. But if I exit the game and then launch the game again, when I go to the plane selection screen the window showing the plane doesn't work properly. It has a plane in it but its like a black silhouette, not showing the skin, but does show the makings if checked. If i exit the game and clear the cache and shaders and then relaunch the game all is ok again.

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

I can clear the cache and shaders everytime before I launch the game, so not a really big problem I know.

Thanks Hub S!!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-20-2013, 00:29
We are aware of the tracer complaints and further discussions are not useful.

Any further posts on this subject may result in the poster losing their privileges on this forum.

Please keep this thread to new bug issues.

Thanks for your patience. :salute:

Hubert Bigglesworth
Oct-20-2013, 00:48
post computer specs:
ram
CPU
Video
PSU
Drivers
OS
what is your game settings?

Hi..

PC specs:-

Windows 7 64bit
I7 950 cpu
Gigabyte x58a ud7 m/b
12 Gig Ram
Radeon 2 Gig HD5870 vid card
Antec 850 psu

Game Video settings:-

Res 4800 x 900
full screen on
model detail high
building detail very low
land detail low
forest very low
visual effects high
texture quality high
AA off
epilepsy filter off
vsync on
damage decals high
building amount low
land shading low
grass off
shadows off
roads on

Mastiff
Oct-20-2013, 01:52
Hi..

PC specs:-

Windows 7 64bit
I7 950 cpu
Gigabyte x58a ud7 m/b
12 Gig Ram
Radeon 2 Gig HD5870 vid card
Antec 850 psu

Game Video settings:-

Res 4800 x 900
full screen on
model detail high
building detail very low
land detail low
forest very low
visual effects high
texture quality high
AA off
epilepsy filter off
vsync on
damage decals high
building amount low
land shading low
grass off
shadows off
roads on

you need to run every setting in there on high. that is one of the reasons, (land shading is on low. land detail on low)=high, I know it looks as though one shouldn't have anything to do with the other, but it does, remember its a Russian coded engine,

priller26
Oct-20-2013, 02:15
Re: Missing gunsights/blurry terrain
Similar issue, flying 109 single quick mission intercept bombers (Blenheim) over Calais flying 109 whin I hit the first bomber my entire gunsight disappears, the frame for the gunsight is there but no recticle, I will get a 2 second freeze, gun sight will reappear after that. Did a complete vanilla steam reverify integrity, started from scratch, re added all patches in sequence being careful to each time delete and rebuild cache, saving conf files same problem.

Also got a runtime ctd and two error messages in game saying the pc can't handle the color and do I want to revert to windows basic color (never seen that in any game).

Still getting some distinct stutters during combat, game looks awesome can't see though any house lights flying over England or France at night, should I?

Did a reinstall of Microsoft net...system

Amd 1100t 6 core clocked at 3.8 runs stable, no ctd
16 gigs corsair vengeance ram running stock
Evga gtx 580 3gigs of ram drivers updated
Win 7 professional 64
850 power supply

Pc runs like a champ...

Thoughts?

priller26
Oct-20-2013, 02:30
Can you repeat this bug? And post screenshots?

Thanks.

I can confirm this's, saw it last night, will post pics, they almost look like neon crop circles bunched together.

knightgames
Oct-20-2013, 02:46
I WAS getting the Track IR stutter. Uninstalling Track IR and then re-installing it cured the stutter. For those having that issue, uyou may have luck doing what I did.

DennydD
Oct-20-2013, 03:09

This is a picture of the Situation. As you can see there is no NJG1 to choose and the wrong "Balkenkreuz" is displayed (not the outline-only one). If I uncheck there is no "Balkenkreuz" at all. This is a pristine install of Clod without any mods but the TF ones.

Screamadelica
Oct-20-2013, 03:15
Priller, I just remembered that the Windows Basic change is related to turning off Aero, can't remember where that was recommended. I've seen the neon crop circles too. Just down near Shoreham. Scary stuff.

Mysticpuma
Oct-20-2013, 03:25

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

Hi, as Kling pointed out this isn't a bug.

When you enable the extended clouds you are doing so because you are sure your system.is capable of running on maximum settings.

The issue you report is because your settings for Landscape Detail.are not "High"

This affects the draw distance and the view distance of the clouds is tied to this.

If you want to keep other values lower, like buildings, forest, grass, shadows, then that's fine, but the setting you need is Landscape Detail "High". Hopefully the should resolve it. I'd also recommend ticking SSAO and having Original Textures enabled ;)

Cheers, MP

pippin
Oct-20-2013, 03:33
Hello chaps

I have an odd bug on some start ups of the game I get an error msg telling me that no engine sound has been found?
This does not happen all the time, very strange I have tried reinstalling the patch but with the same results.

Ian

Damocles
Oct-20-2013, 04:22
Got shot down in the single player "Chain home, Intercept" mission (obviously a bug):D. Seriously though, my entire flight followed me to a watery grave with no attempt at avoidance even after my crash.

Manoxerox
Oct-20-2013, 05:08

When you enable the extended clouds you are doing so because you are sure your system.is capable of running on very high settings.

The issue you report is because your settings for Landscape Detail.are not Very High

This affects the draw distance and the view distance of the clouds is tied to this.

If you want to keep other values lower, like buildings, forest, grass, shadows, then that's fine, but the setting you need on Very High os Landscape Detail. Hopefully the should resolve it. I'd also recommend ticking SSAO and having Original Textures enabled ;)

Cheers, MP

You mean LandDetail = high? I don't have very high option in my game:crazyeyes:

priller26
Oct-20-2013, 05:10
Priller, I just remembered that the Windows Basic change is related to turning off Aero, can't remember where that was recommended. I've seen the neon crop circles too. Just down near Shoreham. Scary stuff.

Thanks, I turned back to windows basic, (non Aero) seemed to work! ;) thanks, I remember that from a longgggg time ago, but wasnt sure if that is what that error message meant..seems to work

Mysticpuma
Oct-20-2013, 05:37
You mean LandDetail = high? I don't have very high option in my game:crazyeyes:

Oops, yes meant "High"

In the conf.ini file it should read =2

Cheers, MP

RoteDreizehn
Oct-20-2013, 05:59
Dear Developers,

as first i am very pleased that you try to bugfix COD !!! I cant imagine as difficult it must
be to do this without sourcecode.

I find the new Engine Power Balance and low speed stability (BF109) between BF109 and Spit very good.
Ok there are need things to be correct about DB 601 restrictions, regarding several Post before.
But as i fly the BF109 at the main time, i have now an chance to survive a Spit attack :-)

as far as i saw Problems

- Multi Player: Fuel Gauge in BF110 doesnt work
- Single Mission BF109 over Frankreich - After a while , i am losing control in my Plane (cant give thrust) or other things - Seems not to be an anthromorphic restriction
- Multi Player: G50 - If you open the side doors the View of the Pilot in Plane is shaking. With closed side doors no problem

thanks for your hard work

cheers

JG4_Widukind
Oct-20-2013, 05:59
[QUOTE=Salmo;67733]As a TF member, I've spend a great deal of wasted time reading through the posts in this thread to see if there are any bug issues I can deal with. It's suposed to be a BUG REPORT thread, but several people have hijacked it & turned it into a general discussion thread about what they think the game should be like, or what should or should not be in the game, or to ask questions about game issues.

This makes it very difficult for TF members to find & deal with true bug issues. Please, please, everyone just report bugs & don't enter into discussions.

Moderators: can we please delete irrelevent posts not actually related to bug reports.

[COLOR=#008000][B]Moderator edit: Done.

To those whom I deleted your posts, my apologies. I detest deleting posts other than spam or abusive ones. This action is rare and done out of expediency and consideration for the Team Fusion members who are actively dealing with reported bugs. If you had a post that was deleted by me that you feel dealt with an unresolved issue, please feel free to start a new thread accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Danke

-Ju 88 Lofte side switch not working
-Ju 88 Baydoors closing when u drop single Bombs
-Bombs dropping not correct . -50kg with heinkel,250kg and 500kg in Ju 88 (levelbomb)
-Lofte still by 6000m ends
-Tailgunners not working
-Wings are light ,with to Sun on Summermap
-the horizon is bright
-The new maximum wide angle level with the new zoom function, it is possible that the clouds disappear. Was observed at 17-20 FPS over Manston.
- Aircraft shine at dusk as with bare-metal surface
-Stuka Sirene Sound is not fixed ,i can hear him after dive and Divebreaks in ...iam in a 109 on the side of Stuka
...so far

I would like to point out that some bugs have been written in the forum 1c is her almost 2 years.
Please take care you the bombers and shooters.
As far as first a short test.
Please load the first people a while to test and does not react on!

Thank you

=DRACO=
Oct-20-2013, 06:07
Mod 4.0

Utility EnableHistoricalMarkings no longer includes a swastika on many skins.

evilvoland
Oct-20-2013, 06:19
Don't know bug or not:
Simple editor: British attack - the bridge, take a vehicle, other vehicle not have reaction on gun (not damaged or collision with bullets):

Screamadelica
Oct-20-2013, 06:36
Gunsight on the Hurricane MK1 is no longer visible unless the gunsight light is switched on. Used to be visible before Patch4.0.

Priller,sounds like you and I are having similar issues. :ind:

Kling
Oct-20-2013, 06:41
Gunsight on the Hurricane MK1 is no longer visible unless the gunsight light is switched on. Used to be visible before Patch4.0.

Yes this bug is finally fixed! Correct.

Screamadelica
Oct-20-2013, 06:46
Ah... thought that might have been the case. Excellent. So this is the way it was in reality. :thumbsup:

If I can just get rid of this shimmer now......:)

Mastiff
Oct-20-2013, 07:04
Ah... thought that might have been the case. Excellent. So this is the way it was in reality. :thumbsup:

If I can just get rid of this shimmer now......:)

turn off those settings in your Nvidia or ATI control settings

usually the anisotropic textures and antialiasing textures to off.

Bonkin
Oct-20-2013, 07:19
I previously reported an issue with elevator lock in a climb. See this thread: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6328&p=67141&viewfull=1#post67141

I was asked to report it so I'm putting it here. In summary (as best as I can recall):

1). Was at around 6000ft when I spotted a yellow nosed 109 below me. I commenced a dive to bouce him.
2). He spotted me diving and pulled up, I pulled up after him. I didn't notice my speed - but my Hurricane was not shaking.
3). I was closing to guns range but then, well before the stall, I lost all elevator authority and ended up going straight up. The 109 kept looping and I lost him against the sun.
4). I was left hanging, waiting for the stall.
5). Around the stall I heard a few bangs, but didn't see any tracer.
6). I fell out of the stall and tried to escape - but had a number of holes across my starboard wing. At this time I realised there were around 3 109s around me.
7). Managed to evade for a little bit - but then had my wing shot off and I went in.

After reading about some of the other issues people have made I've concluded that I probably had been hit in the climb but hadn't realised due to a) no tracer past cockpit and b) no hit sounds. That would seem like a fair conclusion to me... although another squad member had a very similar issue?

Got to give praise to TF though... firstly for giving up hours and hours of your free time to carry out this work, and secondly for making so many improvements. S!

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-20-2013, 10:19
5). Around the stall I heard a few bangs, but didn't see any tracer.!

When i fly 109s or spits i dont use tracers myselft exactly because i dont want to set enemy on alert. I want to hurt him when i hit him. I guess the ones shooting at you are doing the same, quite common amongst the ones who fly on ATAG for awhile. Not all do that, but many do.

Mattias
Oct-20-2013, 11:00
Don't know bug or not:
Simple editor: British attack - the bridge, take a vehicle, other vehicle not have reaction on gun (not damaged or collision with bullets):

Friendly fire is not hurting vehicles/tanks :thumbsup:

Bokonon
Oct-20-2013, 11:34
Hi there, thanks for all your hard work guys.
I have an issue with the rendering of clouds.
Some of them don't seem to render above the level of the horizon for a while, after which they just get slowly 'drawn in'.
Running Nvidia 460 atm.
I changed my confuser to include this line
[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=yes

as the MOD part didn't already exist.

gavagai
Oct-20-2013, 11:46
Set landscape detail to "high" to fix those clouds.

Bokonon
Oct-20-2013, 13:15
Set landscape detail to "high" to fix those clouds.
That's done the job. Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Catseye
Oct-20-2013, 13:42
I'd also recommend ticking SSAO and having Original Textures enabled ;)

Cheers, MP

Hi Mystic,
What is the advantage/disadvantage of having SSAO ticked?

Thanks,
Cats . . .

Major Tom
Oct-20-2013, 15:40
I reported that I was having performance issues after patching, however after a complete re-install everything is fine. Something must have been conflicting with the previous setup. Sorry for my poor troubleshooting. Thanks for the patch Team Fusion!:salute:

Old_Canuck
Oct-20-2013, 16:29
Hey thanks for coming back to let us know Major Tom. Your experience might help someone else who has a seemingly unsolvable glitch.

JG4_Sputnik
Oct-20-2013, 16:49
Does anyone else experience heavy fps and sound stutters after a while of playing? Im not sure what is triggering it but the fps are dropping to about 5pfs and the sound stutters. I have to hit esc and go to the menu and then back in the cockpit and its gone. Very strange and annoying :/

I play it under win 8 and with an i7 haswell and clod has been running perfectly smooth before...
Can anyone help?

PapaG39
Oct-20-2013, 19:15
In reference to the Tiger moth taxing.

After starting and taxing out of the hanger I found it extremely hard to go anywhere but straight ahead. The rudder didn't seem to have much effect with turning.
I was able initially start a turn to the right, but it stopped after about 45 degrees & from then on I could only go mostly straight ahead.

1. I varied my taxi speed with little or no effect.
2. I used differential braking, but it had no effect..(perhaps no brakes on the moth)?
3. I have a key set for the tail wheel lock but that didn't have any effect. (perhaps none installed)
4. I tried trim all the way forward and for more or less straight taxing that seemed to help, but still couldn't turn enough to go to the runway.
5. with trim all the way back just went straight ahead.

perhaps that aircraft in real life had to have a ground crew physically turn the aircraft on the ground to the direction you needed to go.

gavagai
Oct-20-2013, 19:27

When you enable the extended clouds you are doing so because you are sure your system.is capable of running on maximum settings.

The issue you report is because your settings for Landscape Detail.are not "High"

If you want to keep other values lower, like buildings, forest, grass, shadows, then that's fine, but the setting you need is Landscape Detail "High". Hopefully the should resolve it. I'd also recommend ticking SSAO and having Original Textures enabled ;)

Cheers, MP

Again, I only enabled the extended clouds to see if it would fix the clouds being cut in half. Clouds are cut in half with or without the mod. I've said that twice now.

It's very fortunate that increasing the landscape detail to high doesn't have a large performance impact, and neither does the extended cloud range.

Mysticpuma
Oct-20-2013, 19:47
Okay, you got it fixed...that's all that matters

:getaway:

Roblex
Oct-21-2013, 02:28
If you fly a Hurri NF in the new nightfighter mission, the gunsight comes up as a huge fireball until you turn on the gunsight. I tried to get a pic but it did not work. I will try again.

****Scrub that. I went in to get a picture and there was nothing to photograph. What I saw earlier was a big bright yellow-white splodge instead of a gunsight. Maybe it will not happen again.

indyscout
Oct-21-2013, 02:52
I have got quite a funny one. I was coming into land with Colander. We had just finished a quick sortie and landed at the same field as a 110 we had helped out. We all landed next to each other. Colander points out that the 110 is its missing wheels. Then the 110 shoots about 80ft up into the air. We sat there in awe of the ghost 110 for a solid 5 seconds. Then it hit the ground and exploded not more than 10 yards in front of colander. It was pretty funny at the time and I am unsure if I actually want the bug taken care of :D. Here are some picture from my perspective.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-21-2013, 03:08
You need to pump the rudder to get the aircraft to turn, adding throttle as you do so.

The Tiger Moth is a very difficult plane to turn though.

After starting and taxing out of the hanger I found it extremely hard to go anywhere but straight ahead. The rudder didn't seem to have much effect with turning.
I was able initially start a turn to the right, but it stopped after about 45 degrees & from then on I could only go mostly straight ahead.

1. I varied my taxi speed with little or no effect.
2. I used differential braking, but it had no effect..(perhaps no brakes on the moth)?
3. I have a key set for the tail wheel lock but that didn't have any effect. (perhaps none installed)
4. I tried trim all the way forward and for more or less straight taxing that seemed to help, but still couldn't turn enough to go to the runway.
5. with trim all the way back just went straight ahead.

perhaps that aircraft in real life had to have a ground crew physically turn the aircraft on the ground to the direction you needed to go.

MadTommy
Oct-21-2013, 03:57
Spitfire 1a (100oct)

Cheers

This bug only appeared once.. not seen it again. Odd.

Screamadelica
Oct-21-2013, 05:20
Can someone please get the groundcrew to clean the front top left side of the canopy area of the Hurricane MK1 Rotol. Just spent 15 minutes tracking a group of contacts that turned out to be marks on the plexi glass. I promise to buy the groundcrew a round when they're down at the pub next time. :)

Screamadelica
Oct-21-2013, 05:36
Re: Blurry terrain thread.

Upon closer inspection this "blurring" is caused by rivers in the distance. This applies to the inside cockpit view only. The rivers in the distance near the horizon line appear to be broken into segments. Some of the river is fine and then the next section is segmented. As you move your view or as the aircraft tilts these segments move around creating the blurred look I described in the post. The actual land areas are fine. You can see the segmented rivers from the external view but they don't move about and aren't as distracting. Is anyone else having this problem?

Apart from this everything looks great, very smooth. Thank you to everyone on the team. Great work! :thumbsup:

Except the piers near Dover. These render in big sections and start to disappear even when you are still quite close to them. Noticed this flying out towards the channel.

I'll try to post some screenshots later.

Mysticpuma
Oct-21-2013, 05:45
"Except the piers near Dover. These render in big sections and start to disappear even when you are still quite close to them. Noticed this flying out towards the channel."

Still a lot of work is being done on this, it's something we all want to see the back of, who knows what v5.00 will bring ;)

FAE_Cazador
Oct-21-2013, 05:51
Quote Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Spitfire 1a (100oct)

Cheers

This bug only appeared once.. not seen it again. Odd.

Check what was your airspeed when trying to get the undercarriage down. I have noticed that:

- At about 110 mph, your wheels take about 12-14 seconds to lower
- At about 200 mph, your wheels take about 45 seconds to lower. In the meantime, your "UP" lock light disappears, and it takes 45" to show the "Down" lock light on and the wheels to appear and lock.
- At about 240 mph or more your undercarriage does not get down, your "UP" lock light dissapears but the "Down" one doesn't show on, and your wheels don't move at all.

I believe this is just showing a real effect. It happens in the Vanilla version too. Perhaps there is a mechanical interlock that prevents the wheels to get down at higher speeds to prevent damage (like it happened in old IL-2), or just the aerodynamic pressure does not allow the wheels to get down. Anyhow, it is well modeled!

I had not combat so I believe there was no damage to my hydraulic/pneumatic system.

Cheers!

aus
Oct-21-2013, 09:42
110C4 bug: With a destroyed left engine which has had the magnetos cut off to it by the player, moving the throttle up on that engine will still advance the ata gauge for that (destroyed, nonfunctional, smoking, and turned off heap of metal slag that used to be an) engine to 1.3..... :stunned:

aus
Oct-21-2013, 09:46
I have got quite a funny one. I was coming into land with Colander. We had just finished a quick sortie and landed at the same field as a 110 we had helped out. We all landed next to each other. Colander points out that the 110 is its missing wheels. Then the 110 shoots about 80ft up into the air. We sat there in awe of the ghost 110 for a solid 5 seconds. Then it hit the ground and exploded not more than 10 yards in front of colander. It was pretty funny at the time and I am unsure if I actually want the bug taken care of :D. Here are some picture from my perspective.

Hey, was that my 110?

ATAG_Colander
Oct-21-2013, 10:05

I did a proper LOL with this one. For a minute it seemed like it was going to land on top of me :)

secu54
Oct-21-2013, 11:55
Hi

Thanks for this great work.
I find the planes seem coated with a whitish flatt varnish. Pictures will describe that better, my english is too poor

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/16/64/27/28/screen16.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=545&u=16642728)

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/16/64/27/28/screen17.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=546&u=16642728)

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/16/64/27/28/screen18.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=547&u=16642728)

regards

secu:)

Thrud
Oct-21-2013, 18:31
GFX bug. I've had this since 3.0 still in 4.0

rampa
Oct-21-2013, 18:33
Hello my screen freezes when at plane options, then I changed the "launcher.exe" to "run as administrator" and it seems better now, but not completely solved. I have installed the TF 4.0 patch (great!), following all the instructions and the game runs well, but that plane options screen freezing is really annoying. Thank you for your help.

Mattias
Oct-21-2013, 18:37
Hi

Thanks for this great work.
I find the planes seem coated with a whitish flatt varnish. Pictures will describe that better, my english is too poor

regards

secu:)

Your screenshots look great to me -thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Mattias
Oct-21-2013, 18:40

This sometimes happen to me when i crash land (even back in vanilla/stock Clod) but I never seen it in a "healthy" plane :stunned:

Is it like this all of the time in all planes?

indyscout
Oct-21-2013, 18:52
Hey, was that my 110?
I think it was Kevquixot's 110, not sure though.

Thrud
Oct-21-2013, 18:55

This sometimes happen to me when i crash land (even back in vanilla/stock Clod) but I never seen it in a "healthy" plane :stunned:

Is it like this all of the time in all planes?

the Spit and 109 are ok. Its just all the other planes we can fly all the time.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-21-2013, 19:16

Did you clear your Cache file?

Thrud
Oct-21-2013, 19:17
yes, cache had been cleared per install instructions in 3.0 and 4.0

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-21-2013, 19:22
Graphic card? Since its a gfx bug, could it be related with drivers? or driver settings? Tossing some wild guesses

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-21-2013, 19:28

Hmmmmm.......they look fine to me!

http://www.pbase.com/daverilstone/image/143221197/original.jpg

Thrud
Oct-21-2013, 19:41
I have the time. I'll just rip it all out and reinstall it from scratch and check along the way.
Card is AMD Radeon HD 6900 series

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-21-2013, 19:43
How long you dont update the drivers?

I am not at home, but i can try to give you my settings on graphic card driver options (i set a profile for Launcher.exe that runs the game). Got a Amd HD6970. So if you dont mind waiting a few hours (or dont find other solution meanwhile), we could try to nail that issue.

Thrud
Oct-21-2013, 20:01
I think I solved it. For some reason in the Conf.ini this setting was as follows:
MeshFirstLod=1
I changed it to "0" and it fixed it. Can someone change theirs and verify that they get the same result?

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-21-2013, 20:05
You had set it for 1 to see better dots, that was common knowledge. Now you dont need meshowlod=1 anymore, because with 4.0 you almost can see them when the pilot leaves the room to go to watercloset. :)

ATAG_EvangelusE
Oct-21-2013, 20:29
When looking at 12 and 6 o' clock positions, terrain and ambient lighting was much brighter than at my 9 and 3 'o' clock. The brightness and contrast became much lower as I looked around.

The screen shows shows another glitch when enabling the gunsight, the change of brightness when looking around was even more pronounced.

I removed the [Mod] entry for distant clouds and it cured all the problems. Most of my setting are high but I don't have shadows enabled. No one else I spoke to on TS had this problem but thought it may be worth mentioning.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-21-2013, 20:45
yes, cache had been cleared per install instructions in 3.0 and 4.0

Your images looks like a result I got when I mistakenly had two CoD programs running simultaneously. Ie. not shutting down properly and starting again.

buster_dee
Oct-21-2013, 21:31
If you fly a Hurri NF in the new nightfighter mission, the gunsight comes up as a huge fireball until you turn on the gunsight. I tried to get a pic but it did not work. I will try again.

****Scrub that. I went in to get a picture and there was nothing to photograph. What I saw earlier was a big bright yellow-white splodge instead of a gunsight. Maybe it will not happen again.

You're discribing what I saw as well. But I think mine happens when the sight turns on. I was flying late evening. Does changing your video settings affect the occurrance? It did me (see my previous post).

ATAG_Slipstream
Oct-22-2013, 04:01
Hello chaps

I have an odd bug on some start ups of the game I get an error msg telling me that no engine sound has been found?
This does not happen all the time, very strange I have tried reinstalling the patch but with the same results.

Ian

Hi pippin,

Have you noticed if its always the same sound name displayed in the error message, or does it change?

If you could post a screenshot it would be helpful.

~S~

Ride
Oct-22-2013, 05:14
My game has frozen on every mission I have tried so far, seems to be random so far. Sometimes only a minute or so in sometimes 10.
Sorry I cant give any more info than that, all I know is everything was working fine before the latest patch.

Also the prop does not move when pitch is adjusted, only the animation of the lever moving.

Thanks.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-22-2013, 05:24
Hi pippin,

Have you noticed if its always the same sound name displayed in the error message, or does it change?

If you could post a screenshot it would be helpful.

~S~

Single Player or Multiplayer?

Kling
Oct-22-2013, 06:04
My game has frozen on every mission I have tried so far, seems to be random so far. Sometimes only a minute or so in sometimes 10.
Sorry I cant give any more info than that, all I know is everything was working fine before the latest patch.

Also the prop does not move when pitch is adjusted, only the animation of the lever moving.

Thanks.

Are you running windows 32 or 64bit? How nuch Ram?

Are you running sweetFX?

Ride
Oct-22-2013, 06:18
Are you running windows 32 or 64bit? How nuch Ram?

Are you running sweetFX?

Win 7 64 bit with 8gb ram, and yes I am running sweetFX

Kling
Oct-22-2013, 06:23
Win 7 64 bit with 8gb ram, and yes I am running sweetFX

Disable sweetFX and try! You dont really need it with patch 4.0 anyway.

SweetFX is known to crash the game if you run TS notifer or if you have a certain windows update.(that i cant remember the name of right now)

For now switch it off and then fly for a while and see what happens!
cheers

Black
Oct-22-2013, 06:25
The Windows update that frequently causes crashes is called "KB 2670838". Remove it in case you have it installed!

Ride
Oct-22-2013, 06:25
Disable sweetFX and try! You dont really need it with patch 4.0 anyway.

SweetFX is known to crash the game if you run TS notifer or if you have a certain windows update.(that i cant remember the name of right now)

For now switch it off and then fly for a while and see what happens!
cheers

I will give it a go and report back, thanks for the help!

Ride
Oct-22-2013, 06:53
Removing SweetFX fixed the crash problem.

Thanks again!

JG4_Widukind
Oct-22-2013, 07:26
sweet FX its very current with the Systems. I running with it ,and have no Problems.Its looking better as Standart TF4.0
Examble:

http://www.jagdgeschwader4.de/index.php/forum/allgemeine-themen/334-sweet-fx-und-tf4-patch

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-22-2013, 07:41

Thanks again!

Sweet FX + KB2670838 and IE 10 updates cause the crash. I removed the KB and it works like a treat.

I've Taxied a Moth on the Grass strip of EHMZ (Small grass airfield near Arnemuiden the Netherlands). It's a bit sluggish but far better as descriped above and fully on it's own power. GC only helps if the turn must be tight e.g. moving into the hangar, but you just lift the tail and swing it around by manpower.

(Nosewheel steering from a Cessna also needs some feeling when flying those irl).

To keep ontopic, I've the mirror switched on just because of the looks and most of the time it's just nicely grey but in time, the frame is an empty frame and you can watch trough it.

Is the convergence meters/yards still the same?

Kling
Oct-22-2013, 08:54

Thanks again!

NP mate!
As others said, If you want to keep your sweetFX, remove that specific windows update and enable sweetFX again and see if it works! For me personally the game would crash anyway. But that might be because I used Team Speak Notifer at the same time.
Trial and error my friend :)

varrattu
Oct-22-2013, 15:15
The Windows update that frequently causes crashes is called "KB 2670838". Remove it in case you have it installed!

@ Logitech users: Gaming Software update 8.50.xx causes crashes, too !! Gaming Software v8.40 works fine.

Regards Varrattu

1lokos
Oct-22-2013, 15:35
Your images looks like a result I got when I mistakenly had two CoD programs running simultaneously. Ie. not shutting down properly and starting again.

This happen in early CLoD if you lower graphic settings to much.

Sokol1

rampa
Oct-22-2013, 16:00
Hello my screen freezes when at plane options, then I changed the "launcher.exe" to "run as administrator" and it seems better now, but not completely solved. I have installed the TF 4.0 patch (great!), following all the instructions and the game runs well, but that plane options screen freezing is really annoying. Thank you for your help.
bump!

Screamadelica
Oct-23-2013, 00:23
Couple of screenshots

5215 Along the edge of the water you can see a neat row of dotted white lines.

5216 The infamous paintball crop circles at Shoreham, maybe the Vicar's garden is just looking extra bright this year. :) Also note that one of the houses on the left seems to be on top of another!

vosk
Oct-23-2013, 00:26
Flying korvet on new autumn map. LOL

http://i.minus.com/iGeKOSPUGJJyM.jpg

Mattias
Oct-23-2013, 06:04

Yes it's FM has been corrected :)

JG4_Widukind
Oct-23-2013, 06:05
its not a Bug
but "we got in the Time to many Radiator shoots"it is same in the 301 Patch.Have Team Fusion working on it ?

Vonmo
Oct-23-2013, 06:48
bug report (minor): While flying the 110 (dont remember what variant, may have been c-4/n, but i assume its the same for all) i lost a wing and could still see the flames from the exhaust flying along side me as though my engine was still in place.

Wulf
Oct-23-2013, 07:39
[QUOTE=RAF74_Buzzsaw;67567]Salute

Have the comments been posted elsewhere or are they still under action?

9./JG52 Ziegler
Oct-23-2013, 08:24
Thought I'd mention that on an E3b flying from CaliasMarck yesterday on ATAG server, the zoom feature would cycle and not stop at full zoom? In other words, if you held the button it would zoom in full, then snap back out to about 30 pov and rezoom etc... It was only in this airplane that this occured. Seems odd that last part but there it is.

Love the patch!! :thumbsup:

PFT_Endy
Oct-23-2013, 08:51

I think we're still waiting for Buzzsaw to reply.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-23-2013, 12:34
[QUOTE=RAF74_Buzzsaw;67567]Salute

Sorry fellas, busy with real life.

Will post it as soon as I find the time.

vranac
Oct-30-2013, 13:00
I experienced this during the winter mission. Light from the fire is there, but fire isn't.
That happened one hour after the mission start. My effects are on max.
It's possible that I have track if needed.

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/3b/ju/2T7sUTCY/light.jpg

trademe900
Oct-30-2013, 22:11
Ai bombers on the quick missions now do not fly straight but instead weave about and crash into each other

Mysticpuma
Oct-30-2013, 23:09
This is being looked at as a rework of the Ai after enhancements to.the FM of the aircraft caused the Ai pilots not to understand the now were flying a 'proper' aircraft ;)

Skoshi_Tiger
Oct-31-2013, 00:48

http://i.minus.com/iGeKOSPUGJJyM.jpg

Contragravity all the way baby!

Roblex
Oct-31-2013, 02:23
I experienced this during the winter mission. Light from the fire is there, but fire isn't.

I saw this yesterday at Lewes Train Station on the Winter map as well. A large section of the town was lit by flickering yellow light and I assumed it was just my crappy PC. I had not connected it with the fact that the station was smoking. My effects are medium.

MiK_684
Oct-31-2013, 02:37
Yup, i can remember that i havent any Fire too.

Next thing, if i spawn and zoom in at the trees, there is a little black square on top of them. Will make Screenshot when i play the map again.

And the turn indicator in the Bf110 shows in the opposite direction. Have to check if it occours in all variants again.

Mattias
Oct-31-2013, 06:11

Yes this is a known bug and we will have a look :thumbsup:

Manoxerox
Oct-31-2013, 09:16

JUST DON'T EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW!!!:skydive:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-31-2013, 09:57

Yeah, actually I think is more that the snow is catching too much light (you can see that at night) and not that the fire is missing.

Mattias
Oct-31-2013, 10:18
Yeah, actually I think is more that the snow is catching too much light (you can see that at night) and not that the fire is missing.

Yes, that snow seems to be a little too pure :D

Acred99
Oct-31-2013, 10:28
Hi Guys at V4
I know a lot of effort has gone into V4 and overall its pretty fantastic however in my opinion the white aircraft overlay is a bit of an over kill and has affected the ability to get great closeup aircraft shots especially when in delete mode or closeup screen shots when you move the ageing affect over to the right to compensate the planes look to old. This is mostly on the English channel map summer map. Also I had a weather error while using this map. In mission builder when you try to set the weather it keeps going back to thunder. Further when you try to add say rain or go to the properties box it affects the object viewer and you are unable to reset things that it forces you to leave mission build or restart the game so the object viewer can work. Is there anyway to revert back to the V3 aircraft look without having to go back to version V3.
Matthew
www.asisbiz.com

Mattias
Oct-31-2013, 10:44
Hi Guys at V4
I know a lot of effort has gone into V4 but in my opinion the white overlay is an over kill and has affected the ability in getting great screen shots when you move the ageing affect over to the right to compensate the planes look to old.

I'm not sure about any white overlay, but I guess you think the planes reflect too much of the environlemt. Please note that 100% weathering do not work, so try 99%.

Also in mission builder when you try to set the weather it keeps going back to thunder. Further when you try to add say rain or go to the properties box it affects the object viewer and you are unable to reset things that it forces you to leave mission build or restart the game so the object viewer can work.

These are old bugs from stock/vanilla Clod. We have not been able to correct them.
(there's workarounds, please search the forum)

Is there anyway to revert back to the V3 aircraft look without having to go back to version V3.
Matthew
www.asisbiz.com

No, sorry, everything is linked together.

MiK_684
Oct-31-2013, 14:27
Hi,

I've just checked all Bf110 Variants and all have the same Turnindicator error with the needle/bar

This is in 109
http://s14.directupload.net/images/131031/temp/robrf8ce.jpg (http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3427/robrf8ce_jpg.htm)

This is in 110
http://s1.directupload.net/images/131031/temp/bi4necgj.jpg (http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3427/bi4necgj_jpg.htm)

maybe its just a variable +1 ; -1 or something else .

with kind regards,
MiK

Acred99
Oct-31-2013, 17:14
Okay thanks Mattias
It's with the stencil lines very noticeable in the case of the Hurricane
Anyway I wish I knew how to get to that so I could edit it but it's one of those hidden files within the game itself.
Thanks though I think the glossy effect was better but need toning down a little it's goone too far the other way now.
:)

Mattias
Oct-31-2013, 17:44
Okay thanks Mattias
It's with the stencil lines very noticeable in the case of the Hurricane
Anyway I wish I knew how to get to that so I could edit it but it's one of those hidden files within the game itself.
Thanks though I think the glossy effect was better but need toning down a little it's goone too far the other way now.

I'm not sure what stencil lines are showing -can you please post a screenshot and we can see if there is something we can do about it :thumbsup:

PapaG39
Nov-01-2013, 00:19
The little info window that shows the throttle, Oil/H20 rads, Pitch etc...levers, knobs..

My water radiator does not go ...and stay... at the top when it is actually fully open...mine only goes half way up and then
just bobs to the top and then settles back down about half way after each key press to open it.

just a small thing, but doesn't seem to be working correctly..

I was flying the 109 E-1 when I noticed it.

Mattias
Nov-01-2013, 07:11
The little info window that shows the throttle, Oil/H20 rads, Pitch etc...levers, knobs..

My water radiator does not go ...and stay... at the top when it is actually fully open...mine only goes half way up and then
just bobs to the top and then settles back down about half way after each key press to open it.

just a small thing, but doesn't seem to be working correctly..

I was flying the 109 E-1 when I noticed it.

This is a "feature" from stock/Vanilla Clod that we have not yet addressed. In some planes (like the 109) the water radiator indicator does not show the radiator position but the movement of the wheel opening and closing it. You can see the position by looking at the tiny stick at your right wing (don't have a screenshot of it).

Cheers/m

ATAG_Naz
Nov-01-2013, 09:03
Hi guys

I am having a small but annoying graphical issue where the clouds and part of my cockpit (all the glass) will intermittently disappear as per my screenshots below.

It only seems to happen on the Operation Homeplate map (perhaps due to the heavier cloud cover?)
It seems to occur when I am looking in the general direction of Eastchurch and when I am at med-high altitude (Angels 15+ give or take). If I am looking at Eastchurch it doesn't ALWAYS happen, but when it happens, I am ALWAYS looking at Eastchurch (If that makes sense).

I have an Nvidia 780 (not overclocked) and the system overall is overclocked with water cooling so temps never get above 45 degrees, so I pretty sure its not an issue with my hardware. I had deleted cache etc when in stalling TFv4. I might delete cache again however and report back next time I am online in that map. (EDIT: Deleted cache, and flew same map again...issue persists).

Hope this is of some help.

~S~

Looking at Eastchurch and all is well
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/sfchammer/Cliffs/shot_20131030_164429_zpsc654310f.png (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/sfchammer/media/Cliffs/shot_20131030_164429_zpsc654310f.png.html)

Clouds disappear after my head moves to a particular angle (note cloud shadows remain)...if I move my head only a little , the clouds reappear in full
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/sfchammer/Cliffs/shot_20131030_164425_zps5a2e7a82.png (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/sfchammer/media/Cliffs/shot_20131030_164425_zps5a2e7a82.png.html)

2 more angles looking in Eastchurch's general location where clouds and all the glass parts of my cockpit have disappeared (note canopy and gunsight).
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/sfchammer/Cliffs/shot_20131030_164513_zpsf583d83e.png (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/sfchammer/media/Cliffs/shot_20131030_164513_zpsf583d83e.png.html)
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/sfchammer/Cliffs/shot_20131030_165147_zpsc35d62e0.png (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/sfchammer/media/Cliffs/shot_20131030_165147_zpsc35d62e0.png.html)

ATAG_Freya
Nov-01-2013, 10:12
Hi Naz! Strange one there, for sure M8. I have no good suggsestions ( sorry) but if you want to, bakup yur conf.ini and try putting this in to replace your [core] section to see if it still persists. Maybee you already triied somthing like this, if not then it may help you spot the prob...it's all I got.:smash:

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=2
VisibilityDistance=5
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=3
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=0
MeshStaticsDetail=1
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=1
TexFlags.SSAO=0
TexFlags.VSync=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

Cheers

ATAG_Colander
Nov-01-2013, 11:56
Hi guys

I am having a small but annoying graphical issue where the clouds and part of my cockpit (all the glass) will intermittently disappear as per my screenshots below.

This happened to me once (and only once) about 2 weeks ago. I was feet wet over Deal and when looking towards the land, the clouds disappeared. It only happened at a certain view angle. As soon as I moved my head a few degrees, they appeared again.

I've not seen it again ever since.

RedToo
Nov-01-2013, 12:14
Hi Guys at V4
I know a lot of effort has gone into V4 and overall its pretty fantastic however in my opinion the white aircraft overlay is a bit of an over kill and has affected the ability to get great closeup aircraft shots especially when in delete mode or closeup screen shots when you move the ageing affect over to the right to compensate the planes look to old. This is mostly on the English channel map summer map....
Matthew
www.asisbiz.com

There is definitely some kind of white 'sheen' over the aircraft in V4, compare this Spit on the winter map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/RedToo/Winter-Landscape.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RedToo/media/Winter-Landscape.jpg.html)

and this Hurry on the summer map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/RedToo/V4.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RedToo/media/V4.jpg.html)

with a shot from the original game:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/RedToo/full-1029-8721-shot_20110324_215334.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RedToo/media/full-1029-8721-shot_20110324_215334.jpg.html)

It's not usually as dramatic as the Hurricane pic but it is there and does not seem realistic/ stops the planes being 'part of the environment'.
Other than that and the still flickering shadows the game just gets better and better. :)
Keep up the good work. I wish I could help.

RedToo.

Mattias
Nov-01-2013, 12:22
There is definitely some kind of white 'sheen' over the aircraft in V4, compare this Spit on the winter map:

Yes I agree it sometimes looks weird from dead 6 on the summer map. We will look into it :thumbsup:

bolox
Nov-01-2013, 14:15
Hi Naz,

Yes this can occur at certain angles and viewing FOV- zooming in will often bring the clouds back while maintaining viewing angle. Or changing view angle -either horizontally or vertically.

This used to occur in early versions of CoD for some people, and it seems to be creeping back for a few- it's hard to fix as it doesn't replicate on all rigs.

ATAG_Naz
Nov-01-2013, 18:15
No worries lads. Just thought I'd let you know in case it was a newish issue. There's some consolation in that it's not just me then lol.

1lokos
Nov-03-2013, 01:21
"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

After TF 4.0 some QM dont load anymore, example "German - Attack bridges" show this error.
Even simple one, like dogfight Hurricane x G.50 show this error. Some missions work OK.

Sokol1

baronWastelan
Nov-04-2013, 11:42
"object reference not set to an instance of an object"
After TF 4.0 some QM dont load anymore, example "German - Attack bridges" show this error.
Even simple one, like dogfight Hurricane x G.50 show this error. Some missions work OK.

Sokol1

It's a funny, undocumented feature, that kept me occupied for a couple of hours. Caused from using:

[MOD]
UseOldHumans=Yes

Delete, or comment out:

;UseOldHumans=Yes

and all your missions with Regia Aeronautica personnel will work again.

1lokos
Nov-04-2013, 22:59
It's a funny, undocumented feature, that kept me occupied for a couple of hours. Caused from using:
Code:
[MOD]
UseOldHumans=Yes

I just discovered this now and come to post, and see that you already found. :thumbsup:

Because another topic "parachute dont open" I resolve look in "Pilot" if Italian pilot have parachute (he always refuse to bail out) and found they are "MIA",
so suspect that they are the cause for certain missions dont load, and the culprit should by the uniform.

Probable in this uniform change up someone stolen his pants. :D

Sokol1

1lokos
Nov-06-2013, 19:03
SLOW RUNNING CUT OUT:ON

Dont work anymore for Blenheim IV (and IF, IFN), dont matter if select 1 or 2 engines.
Not a big issue, just for info. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

1lokos
Nov-07-2013, 08:40
Some bolts are missing. :D

http://i.minus.com/i3VoT1u7oJ1T4.jpg

Sokol1

Mattias
Nov-07-2013, 08:44
Some bolts are missing. :D

http://i.minus.com/i3VoT1u7oJ1T4.jpg

Sokol1

Looks like normal water radiator damage to me -try monitoring your water temperature better :)

322SQN_Dusty
Nov-07-2013, 09:10
Wow..i've seen my gear sticking trough..but modeled ammo drums?

Vlerkies
Nov-07-2013, 17:47
Hi

I have noticed quite a lot of debri in midair, as well as static burning fires. Attached example.

Also, a sound bug of sorts, where you are flying along and get pounced by the enemy yet you hear no impact of their rounds, so all of a sudden you get all sort of failures or death hehe. Maybe he shot my ears off :) Its very intermittent though and for the most part sound seems perfect.

I cant say if either of these were in previous versions of the patch as I have not been flying for that long, so just fyi is all.

Thanks for all the efforts, loving the work you guys are doing.

buster_dee
Nov-07-2013, 19:28

Yes I agree it sometimes looks weird from dead 6 on the summer map. We will look into it :thumbsup:

I get it with all angles, inside, outside, any time of day, weathered or not. You suggest it is more limited. Maybe system-specific? We don't seem to be describing the same level of effect.

Kind of a biggy to me, but it does not take away from the many things improved.
Thanks.

Bounder!
Nov-07-2013, 22:34
Wow..i've seen my gear sticking trough..but modeled ammo drums?

Some of the internal modeling in cliffs is great, here's an image of my Hurricane's wing after damage and you can see the 4 browning machine guns which are numbered 1-4 and ammo belts running in and out.
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w416/bounder64/2013-03-19_00002_zpsbda9dff7.jpg

Mattias
Nov-08-2013, 02:50
I get it with all angles, inside, outside, any time of day, weathered or not. You suggest it is more limited. Maybe system-specific? We don't seem to be describing the same level of effect.

Kind of a biggy to me, but it does not take away from the many things improved.
Thanks.

Yes, it seems we do see different things :D Do you use SweetFX? Or have you tweaked the colour & contrast settings of your video card and/or monitor?
(I don't use SweetFX and keep all colour and contrast settings neutral and are pleased with the overall look, not saying it cannot be improved by some tweaks :thumbsup:)

Some of the internal modeling in cliffs is great, here's an image of my Hurricane's wing after damage and you can see the 4 browning machine guns which are numbered 1-4 and ammo belts running in and out.

+1 I'm still finding new hidden details that amazes me :thumbsup:

buster_dee
Nov-08-2013, 06:59

Yes, it seems we do see different things :D Do you use SweetFX? Or have you tweaked the colour & contrast settings of your video card and/or monitor?
(I don't use SweetFX and keep all colour and contrast settings neutral and are pleased with the overall look, not saying it cannot be improved by some tweaks :thumbsup:)

No tweaks. No FX. No Mods (except TF of course)

XPowerII w/i7-3820 (quad)
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
32G RAM
40" Samsung 750
Win 7 64

Maybe there is some nuanced color that TV can't reproduce. I don't get that impression on other games; it's been a pretty good "monitor" (no banding, ghosting, etc.)

I feel like I've p*ssed off every baker from here to Kansas, flying through his work.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-08-2013, 08:46
Wonder if the differences are because some are using the Directx9 renderer in the config.

Mattias
Nov-08-2013, 13:25
Wonder if the differences are because some are using the Directx9 renderer in the config.

Good thinking -I will run some tests :thumbsup:

buster_dee
Nov-08-2013, 13:29

Didn't find related entries in the Steam folders, but 1c Soft Club, Il2 Cliffs, conf.ini entry is

Render=D3D10_0

Mean anything?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-08-2013, 14:12
Didn't find related entries in the Steam folders, but 1c Soft Club, Il2 Cliffs, conf.ini entry is

Render=D3D10_0

Mean anything?

Yeah, you're using the DX10 renderer.

OBT~Mikmak
Nov-08-2013, 15:31
Hi guys
I am having a small but annoying graphical issue where the clouds and part of my cockpit (all the glass) will intermittently disappear as per my screenshots below...

I got exatly the same problem when i use "ExtendCloudsDistance=yes" in "confuser.ini" and large clouds of type "THUNDER_GEN" .
With the mission attached below, try to spawn in "Rouen Boos" base (AV4).
There should be a large cloud at north east.
Tell me if you have the same problem of disappearing of clouds.

DUI
Nov-08-2013, 19:01

The funny thing is that the cylinder temperature works in SP (quick missions) but not online in MP.

Btw: I just experienced the bug during some training for the "Italian BoB" campaign of Storm of War that will start next weekend. Never flew the G.50 before...

Probably another bug: Today, a squadron mate and I dove in two Ju 88 from 7k altitude with dive breaks extended in a 70-90° angle to the deck and never reached above 290 km/h. The whole plane was very steady and you never get the feeling of speed and instability like in a Ju 87 dive.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-08-2013, 19:55
Probably another bug: Today, a squadron mate and I dove in two Ju 88 from 7k altitude with dive breaks extended in a 70-90° angle to the deck and never reached above 290 km/h. The whole plane was very steady and you never get the feeling of speed and instability like in a Ju 87 dive.

The Ju88 dive brakes are designed to keep the aircraft to a maximum of 400 kmh, that's the speed I got in testing. If you are only getting 290 kmh, then that is lower, I would ask you to recheck it.

The Ju-87 has a maximum dive speed of 500 kmh with dive brakes out. It should be more stable than in vanilla or TF 3.01.

Both were changed from earlier versions for TF 4.0.

ATAG_Ribbs
Nov-09-2013, 03:19
I noticed that track vehicles can cross rivers and streams.. but the wheeled vehicles 222... GMC truck sink.. Bridges cant be used by human controlled vehicles either. Im not sure if the wheeled vehicles arent supposed to be able to cross the rivers.. but they cant go any where without the bridges becoming operational if thats the case. Still love being able to drive them..gives the game a whole new dimension :)

1lokos
Nov-09-2013, 08:42
Bridges cant be used by human controlled vehicles either. Im not sure if the wheeled vehicles arent supposed to be able to cross the rivers.. but they cant go any where without the bridges becoming operational if thats the case. Still love being able to drive them..gives the game a whole new dimension :)

Bridges in CloD have a invisible "barrier" around then, the cause of the vehicles can not use.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=38464

In the QM "German Attack Bridges" you see some vehicles crossing the bridges, because the mission maker use a trick, puts them inside the "barrier" (http://i48.tinypic.com/281spso.jpg).

And in the last official patch's the vehicles loose the ability to run over roads (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5201/busdz.jpg) - I think that roads path on game engine mismatch the path on graphic engine...

Sokol1

Continu0
Nov-10-2013, 17:01
Hey guys

Another great evening of playing just ended, and I have two things:

1. I did not go trough the whole thread but as it happened the second time now, I am sure it was not me: I still have disapprearing contacts. Popping away and popping up again. With the new LOD it is a lot better and the range where the contacts disappear is way smaller, but it is still there.

I really start to believe that it might be an AMD-LOD-Problem, like the white lines. The reason for this is that I also experience flickering contacts/clouds/FLAK-Clouds at certain distances. They flicker at a high frequency, and maybe the disappearing contacts were even just an unlucky second or two with that flickering.

2. Great news for Bomber-Position?
After a 1-hour sortie, I crashlanded in a field near france and after that I could man every position in a 110 easily by just double-klicking on the position in the list.
I never heard of it beeing possible that way, so could this be a new discovery? I believe I spawned in Pihen, where no 110s are available, so I did not spawn near the 110s initially (which I believed was necessary to get into a position).
Even after switching to the red side (including the "do you want to leave your current aircraft"-message) this procedure still worked!

So, that is ist for the moment. This thread should be moved to the propper section btw.

Roblex
Nov-10-2013, 17:12
Not specifically a new bug for V4 but I saw a new version of the bug where a narrow stream of light smoke suddenly becomes a thick dense white torrent of smoke. I was landing behind someone and when he touched the runway, instead of the puff of dust I was blinded by thick white impenetrable clouds and had to go around again. Sorry, no pic as I was avoiding dying but I hope you know the bug I mean.

I only post this in case knowing it also applies to dust trails helps pin down where the problem is.

PapaG39
Nov-14-2013, 15:16
Not sure this is an actual bug..so I apologize if it's suppose to act this way...

In the Bf 110 C-7 Late...

I got a loud bang while over an enemy airfield, so I suspect that I was hit with flak.

I immediately got engine noise and noticed all instruments showed normal EXCEPT the right prop rpm showed around 9:20 while the left engine was still at
my manual settings of 10:30. There was no leaking fuel, smoke or anything leaking from the aircraft..It looked normal with outside view.

I brought the right engine rpm back to 8:30 and trimmed the aircraft for level flight.

I then tried to bring the left engine rpm's up a bit but could not adjust them in either manual or via auto rpm's with the throttle lever.

I tried to shut down the right engine ..select shift 2, right red fuel lever to off, right mag to off, but the right engine would not shut down.

I tried all engines off then select shift 2 & tried that way but no go.

I just continued the flight & landed normally, but was wondering...Shouldn't have been able to actually shut down the right engine via the fuel off position of the right fuel lever?

Also...No overheat of water or Oil temp temps...everything just appeared normal except the constant engine noise...like..I'm a gonna quit soon, but it never did..

Roblex
Nov-16-2013, 06:36
A bug I thought had been fixed in V3 but maybe it was just 'reduced' and now is being highlighted by the recent Winter maps.

Lights are showing through solid objects such as cockpits and hangars. See the light on the left showing through the canopy frame.

http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/40/46/21/rwylig10.jpg

Just out of interest, George Lucas had the same problem. If you watch original videos or DVDs of the first three Stars Wars films, in the cockpit views you can see the background showing through the cockpit frames :D He fixed it 20 years later when he remastered the films for DVD.

bolox
Nov-16-2013, 07:28
Lights are showing through solid objects such as cockpits and hangars
This occurs if you fly with 'effects=medium' settings- try effects= high and they will not shine through

buster_dee
Nov-20-2013, 21:57
Any news on why a/c look like they fell into a flour bin (at least for some of us)? I just tried to fly the game for the 1st time in a couple of weeks. I just can't take the effect. If no news, might there be a way some of us can disable it without losing the other great enhancements?

Ioshic
Nov-22-2013, 05:41
Some small bugs in the BR 20

In the BR 20 bomber, switching from bomb aimer view to the bomb aiming device view, the game very often CTDs.

It used to happen the same on other bombers, He.111 and Ju.88 but it seems right now only the BR.20 is affected by this bug.
(I may be wrong though...)

The bomb aiming device (Jozza type) can be regulated to a maximum altitude of 2.700meters and not higher.

:ind:

ATAG_Lewis
Nov-23-2013, 06:50
Since Patch 4.00 I noticed that the gunsight in the Spits is very bright...at some points it is unuseable as it bleaches out a large area of its surround....I am even trying to not use it at all at the moment during dogfights....It has also been noticed by a few folks and someone has pointed out that the original gunsight had an option to dim in this thread....

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7063&p=75951#post75951

I also noticed that when the map gets dark the gunsight becomes fragmented into 2 colours red and orange with no blurring....This red halo goes through stage of flickering as the the map darkens

It strikes me that in 1940 they would have had the technology to either make an incockpit dimmer switch or to make the light dimmer from pilot suggestions...

Can anyone confirm that there was a dimmer option on the early gunsights?....

Any news is good news on this issue..Thanks TF..~S~

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/gunsight1_zps184ff880.png

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/gunsight_zps2d20bc71.png

Hubert Bigglesworth
Nov-25-2013, 02:02
Hi.

The Ammunition counters for the 109 E1-B wing guns seem to be reading ther last two digits of the ammo remaining instead of the first two.

Example in the E1 wing gun ammo counters read 42 (for 420 presumably) in E1-B they read 20 and when you fire they count down very quickly then go back to 99 and count down again. 4 times and your empty.

S!! Hub

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-25-2013, 05:55
Hubert i believe in E1 its a x100 counter. So it has more.

Mattias
Nov-25-2013, 06:07
Hi.

The Ammunition counters for the 109 E1-B wing guns seem to be reading ther last two digits of the ammo remaining instead of the first two.

Example in the E1 wing gun ammo counters read 42 (for 420 presumably) in E1-B they read 20 and when you fire they count down very quickly then go back to 99 and count down again. 4 times and your empty.

S!! Hub

Yes this is a confirmed bug for the E1-B and we will try to fix it :thumbsup:

HornedGod
Dec-07-2013, 22:41
I have a three monitor display that is set up as a single Windows display resolution of 5760x1080.

If I play TF 4.0 at 1920x1080 (60Hz, full screen) then weird things happen. Prior to 4.0, at a resolution of 1920x1080 everything would render on the middle monitor.

Now, the M.O.D launch logo appears in the middle monitor. Then the legal screen appears on the left monitor. As do the menus.

When I actual get to fly in-game, the game renders on the middle monitor, but the resolution has been switched to 1600x1024 somehow, which makes things look all blurry.

If I return to the menus, they appear again on the left monitor.

This has a 100% repro rate for me.

If I fly at 5760x1080 then everything seems to work fine (which is what I'll be doing for now, but I'll miss the extra framerate that the reduced resolution gives me).

Graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 770, using latest drivers (R331.82).

Leandro
Dec-10-2013, 05:40

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm kinda forced to use DX9 and all the graphical glitches that come with it - the DX10 renderer has some funky issue with the LOD that makes it always render everything at the lowest possible detail.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-10-2013, 10:01
Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm kinda forced to use DX9 and all the graphical glitches that come with it - the DX10 renderer has some funky issue with the LOD that makes it always render everything at the lowest possible detail.

That sounds like you have the "meshshowlod" setting in your config file :s

Leandro
Dec-11-2013, 20:18
That sounds like you have the "meshshowlod" setting in your config file :s

I tried that too, but it still didn't work. The easiest problems to notice are the gunsight (before 4.0 it was invisible, now it's just very blurry) and the terrain (very ugly and low res) but everything except the aircraft model seems to be affected.

Bo_Nidle
Dec-17-2013, 19:43
I'm new to this forum but would like to say a massive thank you to Team Fusion for finally getting this sim to work....and work well.

As for a bug I don't know if this qualifies but I had a mid-air collision in the Hurricane (I'm sorry but I've forgotten exactly which one) and had my kite chopped in half. However it continued to fly relatively normally.

I did lose elevators and rudder (unsurprisingly!!) but it flew pretty well even so.

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-17-2013, 19:48
I did lose elevators and rudder (unsurprisingly!!) but it flew pretty well even so.

Hi and welcome.

Did you land? :)

Its a colision model bug. Sometimes it doesnt work as supposed to. I believe its on the "to do" list of TF for future patches.

Bo_Nidle
Dec-17-2013, 19:56
Hi and thanks.

No I didn't get her down as I was keen to try again but with a little patience I think it may be possible.

I'm sure the boffins on here will sort it out and it didn't spoil the fun....in fact it added to it...

Keep up the good work.

ndziorl
Dec-21-2013, 16:54
I don't know is this right place, but this is the problem:

This is screen from gameplay at highest video settings and it looks, hmmm... very disappointing.
I use Windows 8.1 - original version of CoD did not even start, when i patch it to v3.00 patch at first and finaly to v4.00 it works but with this "simplified" graphics:/

Kling
Dec-21-2013, 16:58
I don't know is this right place, but this is the problem:

This is screen from gameplay at highest video settings and it looks, hmmm... very disappointing.
I use Windows 8.1 - original version of CoD did not even start, when i patch it to v3.00 patch at first and finaly to v4.00 it works but with this "simplified" graphics:/

Have you cleaned your cache?

ndziorl
Dec-21-2013, 17:15
Have you cleaned your cache?

Yes:( The same problem in patch 3.0 and in TF 4.0...

Kling
Dec-21-2013, 18:07
Yes:( The same problem in patch 3.0 and in TF 4.0...
video card? windows version!?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-21-2013, 20:14
Hi Ndziorl, and welcome to the forum.

You've come to the right place to solve your dilemma as there are many knowledgeable individuals like Kling who are willing to devote their time to help you. But we need your help in order to help YOU! First and foremost, please post all the relevant system specs you can:

1) CPU (type (ie 3770K?) and speed - 3.5 Ghz?
2) RAM - 6 gigs DDR3?
3) video card - Nvidia GTX580 with 2 gigs VRAM? Driver - 331.82 WQHL?
4) Operating system - Windows 7 64-bit?
5) any other pertinent info you can think of

I tend to think it may be your draw distance is too low in your config.ini file, but that's only a wild guess from an unskilled dweeb. :D

Please post your specs and hopefully your problem will be resolved quickly.

Salute,

Snapper

ndziorl
Dec-22-2013, 12:23
Hi Ndziorl, and welcome to the forum.

You've come to the right place to solve your dilemma as there are many knowledgeable individuals like Kling who are willing to devote their time to help you. But we need your help in order to help YOU! First and foremost, please post all the relevant system specs you can:

1) CPU (type (ie 3770K?) and speed - 3.5 Ghz?
2) RAM - 6 gigs DDR3?
3) video card - Nvidia GTX580 with 2 gigs VRAM? Driver - 331.82 WQHL?
4) Operating system - Windows 7 64-bit?
5) any other pertinent info you can think of

I tend to think it may be your draw distance is too low in your config.ini file, but that's only a wild guess from an unskilled dweeb. :D

Please post your specs and hopefully your problem will be resolved quickly.

Salute,

Snapper

CPU: i7-4700MQ 2.4 2.4
RAM: 8 GB
Win 8.1 54 bits
GeForce GT755M 4gB
Driver 331.82

This is notebook with dual graphic card (intel and nvidia) - at first game runs on integrated graphic card, i switch it manually to nvidia, maybe this ist the problem?

Thanks for fast replay!

Ndziorl.

1lokos
Dec-22-2013, 12:48
Yes, your problem is the onboard videocard...

Sokol1

Kling
Dec-22-2013, 13:07
Yes, your problem is the onboard videocard...

Sokol1

Yes, in general notebooks are seldom good gaming computers for this very reason above!
Tell us, how does the switch from the onboard video card to Nvidia work? You have two separate cards in the computer?!
There must be an option so the game starts automatically with your Nvidia card as soon as the game starts up. Is this setting possible?
Switching manually seems like a bad idea... hmm..

Kling
Dec-22-2013, 13:19
Some googling reveals that this card, the Nvidia 755M only gets 1682 points in this performance graph.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+650M

This as slow as an old radeon 5770 which has 1681 points and is a card from 2009...

As a comparison an old GTX470 gets 3563 points.

Im not sure if that computer will be able to play Clod :(

ndziorl
Dec-22-2013, 14:18
Hmmm... The CloD is so "Graph-eating" game? I run online games like World of Warplanes on maximum settings and on this NVidia...
I think, that it could be rather problem with Win 8.1, or - during installation game was someway configured to default Intel video card.

Kling
Dec-22-2013, 14:53
World of warplanes is faaaaar from as demanding on the computer and the video card compared to Clod.
World of warplanes has very simple flight modeling and very small maps, thus requrinq less load on the CPU and the videocard. :/

ndziorl
Dec-22-2013, 15:06
O.K., i understand... But why game working smooth on maximum settings with simplified graphics? I rather expect something like excelent graphic but poor fps or total hangout. But everything but graphic seems to be ok - flight model, AI, etc... All objects are in place but with very simplu textures.

ndziorl
Dec-22-2013, 15:28
So now i'm trying to completly reinstal ClOD and all mods with NVidia set as default graphic card. Maybe this could help...
And now for something completly different - is there any chance to made a Wimpey flyable? Maybe in next release?:)

Kling
Dec-26-2013, 07:06
Pls let us know how this works ndziorl as there unfortunately are more guys with similar systems with exactly the same problem!! :(

ndziorl
Dec-26-2013, 11:15
Pls let us know how this works ndziorl as there unfortunately are more guys with similar systems with exactly the same problem!! :(

I'm sorry - no good news today:( Game works, flight model on most realistic settings seems to work perfect, but graphic still looks like on photo attached to my first post. No roads, all models are simplified, textures also. Only cockpit and water looks right. I tried to use different video settings, but it doesn't make any change:/

ATAG_Colander
Dec-26-2013, 11:29
I have the feeling the problem is "desktop composition". In W8 it can not be disabled.
The only info I've found to temporarily kill it is here:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/141175

Colander.

ndziorl
Dec-26-2013, 12:29
Do you mean that in this hardware configuration, but with older OS this should be resolved?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-26-2013, 14:47
Do you mean that in this hardware configuration, but with older OS this should be resolved?

I'm willing to bet that it will run perfectly on W7 64 bits on that machine.
If you can do a dual boot, you could keep your 8.1 install.

The problem is that "desktop composition" uses DirectX and of course, messes with the video card. On W7 it can be disabled (even on a per-program level).

Leandro
Dec-30-2013, 13:08
ndziorl, how does your gunsight look?

Your terrain looks very much like mine -- and we have similar graphics card setups.

Affe
Jan-08-2014, 12:20
Hi tear,

I have some issue with the gear of the He-111 H2, i try to be smooth on the ground but, when i take off the problem start 1x is both 2x is only 1 get lock and 2x is ok..

So i don't know if the gear of this plane is fragile or the wheel turn too fast or too late after take off, maybe the flap withdraw too soon, or too late, i try a lot of thinks but i steel have a problem with this issue.

And i also noticed that the mg on the ground working pretty good except for the higher behind is totally bugged on the ground, for the rest it is ok.

And them in fly it's a mess, you never know if you are able too shoot or not, and again the higher behind are very bugged, some time you cannot move em.

Tank u very mush in advance and have nice day. :D

Config.

Win 7 64bit
Dfi x58 t3eh6
I7 920@3.6mhz
Adata 12gb
HD 7970
Xonar D1

Torric270
Jan-08-2014, 12:33
Hi tear,

I have some issue with the gear of the He-111 H2, i try to be smooth on the ground but, when i take off the problem start 1x is both 2x is only 1 get lock and 2x is ok..

So i don't know if the gear of this plane is fragile or the wheel turn too fast or too late after take off, maybe the flap withdraw too soon, or too late, i try a lot of thinks but i steel have a problem with this issue.

And i also noticed that the mg on the ground working pretty good except for the higher behind is totally bugged on the ground, for the rest it is ok.

And them in fly it's a mess, you never know if you are able too shoot or not, and again the higher behind are very bugged, some time you cannot move em.

Tank u very mush in advance and have nice day. :D

Config.

Win 7 64bit
Dfi x58 t3eh6
I7 920@3.6mhz
Adata 12gb
HD 7970
Xonar D1

Gear: After takeoff keep speed under 200 km/h, or even @ 175 km/h and wait for the gear lights, then raise flaps.

Gunners: They will not shoot if you are climbing or diving at more than 5 m/s.
Moving the gun: Make sure you have hit F10 to get rid of the mouse cursor and that enables you to move the gun.

Affe
Jan-08-2014, 12:54
Danke, i will try this. :thumbsup:

And i am ask if we could have some true delay for the bomb like 0.8 sec or even 4 or 6 sec, sounds good can you modify like in the old one. :jump:

p.s have we one light on Ju88 or He-111 for the bomb arm on, and off?

Torric270
Jan-08-2014, 13:09
Danke, i will try this. :thumbsup:

And i am ask if we could have some true delay for the bomb like 0.8 sec or even 4 or 6 sec, sounds good can you modify like in the old one. :jump:

p.s have we one light on Ju88 or He-111 for the bomb arm on, and off?

High level bombs delay is 0-0.8, low level is 0-14 sec

No lights for arming, will have message that bombs are armed.

Affe
Jan-10-2014, 11:37
Ok, but the problem of shooting in air is very weird, i hope it will be fixe for 4.01 :go:

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-11-2014, 15:34
Might have been posted but I noticed after crashing into an 88 that part of my spitfire and part of the 88 just stayed in midair

gudis
Mar-07-2014, 11:56
Hi Im new here and installed the Il2, and downloaded the TF 3.0, 3,1 and 4.0. Now the game dont start.

I did as shown in the video, but still dont work :(

I get the logo in the screen after start and then the screen turns black and returns to desktop. Nothing more happens.

Mysticpuma
Mar-07-2014, 12:02
Did you launch the game after each patch install and run a mission?

Basically go to Steam, and then verify the integrity of your game. This will put it back to Vanilla.

Once done, install v3.00 and see if it runs. You must point the installed to your IL2 install which by default is in your Steam folder under common apps.

Cheers, MP

gudis
Mar-07-2014, 12:50
Hi,

I didnt start the game between each patch, is that necessary ?

gudis
Mar-07-2014, 13:07
LOL, after revalidating gamefiles it wont even start the original game......

I uninstalled the game is downloading it again from steam....

gudis
Mar-07-2014, 13:48
Im getting crazy !!!

Now the game looks like this again !!! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4143413/IL2%20BUG.jpg

ATAG_Colander
Mar-07-2014, 13:54
Im getting crazy !!!

Now the game looks like this again !!! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4143413/IL2%20BUG.jpg

Try this:
- Rename your .ini files (under the my documents folder) so the game recreates them.
- Turn off steam cloud so it does not pull them from the cloud again.

gudis
Mar-07-2014, 14:00
Try this:
- Rename your .ini files (under the my documents folder) so the game recreates them.
- Turn off steam cloud so it does not pull them from the cloud again.

Hmm, I dont have the cloud bla bla, what it is called :)

Im trying again after renaming the files.