PDA

View Full Version : POV question....

Duccio_71
Oct-18-2013, 18:44
I'm new in IL2 CoD and I need help to recreate my il2 1946 settings in this new sim.
In my IL2 1946 view settings when I release the POV over the stick the wiew auto center. I'm not able to set CoD in this way. Every time I release the POV (in other words the "little joy" over the joy stick) the view does not auto center, and this is very unconfortable for me....
Thank you in advance for any help.
Duccio
PS I've installed the last patch (4.0) that improve a lot the game. But I can't still view the rear mirror that is still a grey square. Is the mirror bug fixed?

1lokos
Oct-18-2013, 19:05
This what you want is called "Snap view", and in CloD work in the same way of il-2'46, just alter between "Pan view" and Snap view" with F-9 key.

Look at Options > Controls > Snap View if your POV (HAT) are assigned to move POV.

Sokol1

Mysticpuma
Oct-18-2013, 19:13
I'm new in IL2 CoD and I need help to recreate my il2 1946 settings in this new sim.
In my IL2 1946 view settings when I release the POV over the stick the wiew auto center. I'm not able to set CoD in this way. Every time I release the POV (in other words the "little joy" over the joy stick) the view does not auto center, and this is very unconfortable for me....
Thank you in advance for any help.
Duccio
PS I've installed the last patch (4.0) that improve a lot the game. But I can't still view the rear mirror that is still a grey square. Is the mirror bug fixed?

Regarding the mirror bug, it is something that is a real problem and most likely why the original authors left it in the pixelated mess it was.

This is something we do.want to.fix, but it really will take some intensive examination to see if it's possible.

So as the mirror was effectively useless, the decision was made to blank it out for now. You can of-course just switch it off, which we know isn't ideal, but for now, until.we can really have a look at why it doesn't work properly, it was considered best to just disable it.

It hasn't been forgotten. Cheers, MP

Duccio_71
Oct-18-2013, 20:08
Thank you, first issue solved!

1lokos
Oct-18-2013, 20:32
For rear mirror I suggest this:

Go to Controls > Keys find "Toggle mirror" an assign a key for this.
Launch a mission with Spit or Hurri, toggle mirror OFF.

Go to controls > Keys again and DELETE the key assign for "toggle mirror". :devilish:

One thing I never understood is why in the official patch's Luthier dont set this "Blessed" mirror OFF by default, like in il-2'46.

:)

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-18-2013, 20:44
You will find all the key settings including views in the 'New Players Guide'....~S~

here...:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

RupertVonHentzau
Oct-19-2013, 05:58
As Duccio´s question seems to be answered I dare to squeeze in here (because I don´t think my problem belongs to the 4.00-bug-thread):

With new patch everything looks fine (especially the zoom-in/zoom-out works like a charm!), there´s a very obvious framerate improvement (dust/take-off!), BUT
my coolie hat won´t give me a look around in game, although I reassigned all controls after installing Patch 4.00 and the joystick (a Saitek X45) is fully working.

I am an easy prey if looking all the time straight in front, so please give me some advice what went wrong :ind:

Edit: Works now without having changed anything. I first thought the TrackIR plugin might cause trouble, but wasn´t so.