PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error

Gray1
Oct-18-2013, 21:59
I have done something wrong. Just loaded version 4 and I get a Runtime error when the game is about to start a new mission in
single player. The game still plays, but the airfield turns to water and the gun sight is just glass with no detail
there is no camouflage on the planes.
any ideas anyone?

Mattias
Oct-19-2013, 06:26
I have done something wrong. Just loaded version 4 and I get a Runtime error when the game is about to start a new mission in
single player. The game still plays, but the airfield turns to water and the gun sight is just glass with no detail
there is no camouflage on the planes.
any ideas anyone?

:salute:

Sounds odd and we will try and help you of course, but we would need some more information; did you install 4.0 over 3.01?

By your description it sounds like either TF3.0 or TF3.01 is missing, or TF4.0 went corrupt somehow when you downloaded it.

Cheers/m

Mysticpuma
Oct-19-2013, 07:40
Yes, it's a harsh reality, but we are building on a bugged game and as much as we'd like to be able to fix everything, still the occasional curve-ball spins in :(

First thing I would suggest is deleting the contents of the cache folder in your My Documents/1C Softclub folder

If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'm sad to say, it may be worth redoing the patch process again from your Vanilla game to v3.01 and after you've run the game (to create the MOD folder in My Documents), then install the v4.00 patch. But before you run it, make sure you clear the cache folder again as I mentioned above.

Cheers, MP

trindade
Oct-19-2013, 08:13
Yes, it's a harsh reality, but we are building on a bugged game and as much as we'd like to be able to fix everything, still the occasional curve-ball spins in :(

Don't worry, you guys have been doing a great, great job improving this amazing game. Keep the good work. Once again thank you all.

S!

priller26
Oct-19-2013, 08:46
Had this same error, runtime error, and CTD, finally I just rebuilt the game, started with the vanilla original game, installed 3.0, 3.01, and 4.0, deleted rebuilt cache along the way, etc etc, also installed latest nvidia drivers, seems to have cleared up the problem, I still have a few bugs, I'll post.

Gray1
Oct-21-2013, 03:59
Hi Guys,

thanks for all the advice. I have tried reloading the game, I do have the latest drivers but will keep persevering. I downloaded the torrent version
so that could be the problem. I have Malta loaded as well as Seelowe, maybe that's the problem. I have also cleaned out the cache many times
but to no avail.
System is i5 2.67 GHz 12GB ram GTX 460 windows 7 64 bit. Plays really well with everything on medium so don't have any issues there. Am
looking at upgrading soon.

rgds

Gray1

Mysticpuma
Oct-21-2013, 05:13
We've just started a FAQ thread, maybe have a look in there?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6431

Cheers, MP

bolox
Oct-26-2013, 08:14
I have Malta loaded as well as Seelowe, maybe that's the problem.

So you tried to apply TF4.0 ontop of a working Malta installation?- then you will have a problem as this reverts the game back to 1.11 (*last official release) and then applies the texture mods ontop. You will therefore almost certainly be missing the required 3.00/3.01 TF patches.

If you have the disk space I would recommend making a copy of your working Malta version (and check the copy works), verify the orig install (and check it works- and if possible keep a backup copy of this 'virgin install), then apply TF 3.0, test , apply 3.01, test, apply TF4.0 and fly (clearing cache with every step)

Gray1
Oct-28-2013, 23:30
Hi Guys,

thanks everyone for your help. This is a mighty problem solving site. I'm sorry I haven't replied earlier but have had too much fun playing the game.
Went back to the original game, killed off Malta, which is funny as it still showed 3.00/3.01 in Brhc. (Bolox, maybe the right explanation.)
Deleted original torrent of 4.00 then down-loaded the 2 part version. I think a possible cause was that I started opening the torrent with my usual
zip before realising it was the wrong one. This may have corrupted the file. Anyway decided to follow ALL the instructions
and WOW.
cheers

G