PDA

View Full Version : Reverted back to original game

Combat Wombat
Oct-19-2013, 02:46
flying along enjoying wonderful v4.00 patch then screen froze when i restarted the game it had gone back to the original none patched version :grrr: can someone offer me some ideas as how to get my wonderful v4.00 back please :(

Salmo
Oct-19-2013, 04:47
TF 4.0 needs to be patch over v3.01. So I'm afraid the best course of action is a rebuild.

1. Check game integrity with steam, this will ensure you have a 'stock' game.
2. DL & patch TF3.0
3. DL & patch TF3.01 hotfix.
4. DL & patch TF4.0

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-19-2013, 05:14
flying along enjoying wonderful v4.00 patch then screen froze when i restarted the game it had gone back to the original none patched version :grrr: can someone offer me some ideas as how to get my wonderful v4.00 back please :(

sounds like steam did a "reverification"

Make sure you tell steam to NOT automatically update your game.

Combat Wombat
Oct-19-2013, 05:57
sounds like steam did a "reverification"

Make sure you tell steam to NOT automatically update your game.

Yes i had steam set to not update, as both the modded game and the orriginal game are side by side in program files is there a way i can just add that back to steam without going through all the Mod installs Please :(

vranac
Oct-19-2013, 06:07
Try to run the game from the folder, maybe you messed up shortcuts.

Or just reinstall the patch. If you have two installations ( like I do) note that installer was pointed at vanilla version, not into ".......-Mod" one.

Combat Wombat
Oct-19-2013, 06:34
Try to run the game from the folder, maybe you messed up shortcuts.

Or just reinstall the patch. If you have two installations ( like I do) note that installer was pointed at vanilla version, not into ".......-Mod" one.

Thank you Vranac, this had something to do with it yes but now when i start the game it shows just v3.00 not 3.01 or 4.00 So i guess something got lost much like me ) i will reinstall tomorrow and hope it's fixed, thankyou all for your help )