PDA

View Full Version : Blurry Terrain

Screamadelica
Oct-19-2013, 08:04
I'm still getting the blurry terrain problem still, only over land and usually on the horizon line area. Are there any fixes for this? It appears to be the rivers in the distance breaking up into small segments that move around as you move your view or tilt the aircraft. This is visible from inside cockpit view. You can see the segmented rivers in exterior view, but they don't move and aren't as distracting. I'm running a Nvidea GTX 680 2GB card.

hnbdgr
Oct-19-2013, 08:08
my 2 cents:

-delete cache folder from steamapp folder and my documents folder

- change the graphic settings - land detail

-check ini file for entries labeled containing visibility - check values against suggested optimal values.

Screamadelica
Oct-19-2013, 08:13
What level of land detail do you recommend? I have it set to High. Any links for ini file settings? Thanks.
Also the grass areas are not rendering as you taxi over them.

hnbdgr
Oct-19-2013, 15:53
The grass should render if it's turned on in graphic settings. It is still a bit buggy, it renders in "quadrants" afaik but it does render.

in conf.ini (in my documents) set VisibilityDistance=8

The thread I was referring to is here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3991), but some of the settings are no longer relevant since TF4.0 patch. Scroll through see if anything helps you. See if you can find a conf.ini in that thread and see if you can spot any major differences between yours and theirs. basically detective work.

my settings are here, everything works smoothly...:

Also check if your graphics card is not limiting texture rendering perhaps...? Like in Nvidia Control Panel there is a setting for texture quality, that needs to be at high quality or some such..

Failing all of this.... well do a complete reinstall. and if that fails, I'd seek help from Team Fusion see if they can shine any light on this.

Well, hope it works!

Screamadelica
Oct-19-2013, 22:57
Thanks hnbdgr.
I've done a fresh install of steam and Cliffs Of Dover and patches, rebuilt Dx and Net4 Framework and all the other recommended pre-patch procedures. Cache has been cleared.

I'll try the Conf.ini settings you suggested and report back. It may be something in the Nvidea settings that's causing this blurring, although I could be wrong. I'll try setting Nvidea back to default and see how they go.
Grass is rendering, just takes a little while to catch up to the aircraft when taxiing!
Thanks for all your help. Cheers, Scream. :thumbsup:

Mastiff
Oct-19-2013, 23:39
turn off FXAA in NVIDIA panel

every setting should be on High.

=FI=Murph
Oct-20-2013, 01:43
Right now I have "Override Application Setting" and 16XCSAA, with AA turned off in game. In other words, just using Nvidea CP to do AA. Is this correct or should I now have it enabled in the game interface as well?

Screamadelica
Oct-20-2013, 03:06
Absolutely no joy on this.

System Specs: Intel i5-3570K CPU@3.4GHZ-3.8GHZ, 8 GB Ram, Nvidea GTX680 oc 2GB, Win7 64bit OS.

Landscape from the horizon line and below appears blurry, almost fractured, like there is no AA effect, that sort of appearance. Landscape around the aircraft immediate area is fine, very clear. Just that band between the horizon and landscape that is outside the detailed area. Everything else is working perfectly, still a bit of pop up with buildings and trees, but nothing drastic. Apart from this everything else is working like a dream for me. Frustrated beyond belief with this problem. I've had this issue for ages, possibly since the game was released. HELP!

I've tried with FXAA off in the Nvidea Panel. Just lots of jaggies as well. Tried both global and launcher exe options. Launcher exe option is definitely working with this card. Also tried setting Anistropic filtering from App Control to 16. Tried reducing most video card settings to both low and high options.

All in game video settings are at high or original. Cache has been cleared in 1C SoftclubDocs- is there another cache somewhere in steamapps?, DX repaired,DotNet Framework rebuilt. Fresh install of game and verified integrity.All patches applied correctly.

Changed confini in 1c/Softclub folder to Visibilitydistance=8. Tried drawifnotfocused=1. Do I need to change the confini settings in Progam Files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/etc?

I am desperate for a solution to this. The rest of the game is fantastic and this is just killing it for me. I throw myself at the mercy of Team Fusion and the forum. :(

Thanks, Scream.

hnbdgr
Oct-20-2013, 08:09
Ok, one last thing, try changing the landscape detail - go through all the levels beginning with low. see if it makes any difference at all....?

Screamadelica
Oct-21-2013, 04:28
Thanks hnbdgr, tried all settings didn't seem to make any difference, so set back to High.

I've installed SMAA as suggested by Sabrefly and this works well getting rid of the jaggies.

I might start a new thread because upon closer inspection the problem appears to be the rivers at a distance when seen from inside the cockpit. The rivers appear fine until you look at the distant ones which seem to break up into segments. As you move your view these little segments move as well, creating a "blurring" effect. The large amount of rivers in the distance creates a band of moving segments. This not a problem in external view as the segments don't move, but you can still see the breaks in the rivers. The segmented rivers aren't too bad when seen through the top of the canopy.