PDA

View Full Version : BR.20 bombsight view CTD...

Ioshic
Oct-20-2013, 06:48
Hello,
this has been a long-time bug present in the game.

Very very often, when switching position from the bomber airmer to the zoomed bombsight view, the game CTD easily.

I tried it offline and online, and it happens in both occasions.

IF one has not touched and moved the interior view before shifting to the bombsight view,
then usually the CTD doesn't happen most of the time.
But I just came back from an online session just now, and even with this method, this time the game crashed the same...

Another bug is that the bombsight altimeter can't get higher than 2700 meters... really strange.

It really is frustrating and just prevents players from using this plane altogether unfortunately :ind:

1lokos
Oct-20-2013, 11:45
1- Using TrackIR this bug dont happen.
2- Using NewView - that use TrackIR.dll - this bug dont happen
3- If you don use one of above, when inside bombardier cockpit, if you need look for any side, hit the key set for look forward (center view) before hit "Lean to Gunsight" (Using a key mapper, e.g JoyToKey you can create a macro to do this with one button press).

Sokol1

Ioshic
Oct-20-2013, 15:08
Hi lokos,
thanks. Nice to know that with track-ir it doesn't happen.

I knew that without changing the original view position, and then changing to the bomb aim device, it *should* not crash.

And I usually do like that.

But today, with all proper care in doing it, it crashed 3 times in a row online, even without touching the view!

:(

p.s.
I can't find "Newview" , do you have a link?

Ioshic
Mar-05-2015, 17:30
A lot of time has passed since I firstly posted this...

Sortie after sortie in the BR-20m has convinced me to finally post again here this rather big "bug" (as it is a Crash to Desktop actually).
I just finished flying the plane for 3 times in a row online on the ATAG server, and I've had 2 CTDs whenever I click "lean to gunsight" view
in the bombardier position.
The last one happened minutes ago, after I managed to perfectly fly at 4.000 meters above Lympne after minutes and minutes of climbing (you know how it feels!). :salute:

I tried offline, and the games actually CTDs very rarely... it does, but maybe it's 1 out of 10 times. Online it's maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 times.

I tried 1lokos' method, but it doesn't work . I even tried changing the view settings (snap or continuous) before switching view; sometimes it doesn't
crash, sometimes it does.
I tried to set altitude and speed settings in the bomb aiming device before switching view, but it also happens.

It appears to be really random. As it is, it's almost impossible to use this plane as a medium alt bomber (the way it should be used, not as a ground attack plane), as there's the constant fear of the dreaded CTD.

Some days ago I also decided to post this problem in the Bug Tracker website.

Did anyone find a solution for this bug?... :ind:
Or is it something that team fusion is looking forward to fix in the near future?

Cheers,
R.