Oct-21-2013, 04:32
Just realised I should have posted this here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6387

3 missions using the new maps for TF mod 4.0

H

keeno
Oct-22-2013, 04:01
Hi Heinkill,

I played the first 2 missions last night. The 1st mission, the evening recon, the evening sky looked amazing with different layers of clouds having different shades of sunset on them, beautiful to look at. The ground cover of snow also looked stunning in the setting sunlight. I was just admiring the evening views, when suddenly...BANG!, i was blown out of the sky by an unseen 110.

i played it again, this time while flying across the channel nearing my 1st recon I spotted two 109's but when I turned to confront them they both flew almost vertically into the sea, any ideas why?

Second mission on the Autumn map, the scenery again looked amazing, the different seasons really put a completely different spin on things. My PC struggled with the amount of default planes so i had to tone it down by about half. I found it really difficult to spots contacts from above against the Autumn tones. All in all, great stuff, please keep it coming.

Great missions showcasing the TF 4.0 path.

thanks again.

heinkill
Oct-22-2013, 15:14
Hi Heinkill,

i played it again, this time while flying across the channel nearing my 1st recon I spotted two 109's but when I turned to confront them they both flew almost vertically into the sea, any ideas why?

Second mission on the Autumn map, the scenery again looked amazing, the different seasons really put a completely different spin on things. My PC struggled with the amount of default planes so i had to tone it down by about half. I found it really difficult to spots contacts from above against the Autumn tones. All in all, great stuff, please keep it coming.

Yes, unfortunately the TF adjustments to the high speed flight model has had an undesirable side effect on the AI. If they are attacking from altitude, they get loss of control and cant recover before they hit the ground. We are still trying to find the right AI settings for the new FMs. Work in progress.

That second mission does have a lot of machines. But as you note, the beauty of doing these as single missions is you can reduce the number of machines to optimise for your PC.

The third mission, not so many - the challenge with that one as an RAF pilot (remembering it is based entirely on a real historical mission) is the long overwater flight down from North Weald and if you take any damage on the mission, getting back across the ditch!

Glad you enjoy. More on the way.

H