PDA

View Full Version : Pilot voices cause microstutters

Major Tom
Oct-21-2013, 15:17
I've had this problem with Clod and 1946. Whenever pilot voices load and play in game I get a small microstutter. I never get this problem except in the IL2 series of games. The problem is barely noticeable but enough so to annoy me especially since I don't have this problem in any other series of games. The problem is more pronounced when a lot of voices are played like when playing a single player mission with lots of aircraft. I have fairly high spec rig so I can only suspect this is a setup problem. Can anybody here help me out? I'm patched to 4.00.

Vlerkies
Oct-21-2013, 17:35
I have had micrtosutters from time to time, dunno if it is map specific or not.
Reloaded dx and .net stuff and maybe it worked , placebo?
Was quite bad yesterday and very irritating.

I did have 16X AA turned on in my Nvidia control panel, that helped with seeing targets prior to V4.0, turned that off this evening and it seemed ok, so 'if' you have that on maybe turn it off and see.
Just thinking out the box here ;)

And to be honest the game looks pretty darn good on V4.0 as is.
Thx for the patch.

Major Tom
Oct-21-2013, 18:40
I have had micrtosutters from time to time, dunno if it is map specific or not.
Reloaded dx and .net stuff and maybe it worked , placebo?
Was quite bad yesterday and very irritating.

I did have 16X AA turned on in my Nvidia control panel, that helped with seeing targets prior to V4.0, turned that off this evening and it seemed ok, so 'if' you have that on maybe turn it off and see.
Just thinking out the box here ;)

And to be honest the game looks pretty darn good on V4.0 as is.
Thx for the patch. Thanks, but I don't think this will help as the game plays fine with voices turned off. So I guess my solution will be to leave voices off. I was hoping somebody would have a better solution than mine.

Mattias
Oct-21-2013, 18:42
I've had this problem with Clod and 1946. Whenever pilot voices load and play in game I get a small microstutter. I never get this problem except in the IL2 series of games. The problem is barely noticeable but enough so to annoy me especially since I don't have this problem in any other series of games. The problem is more pronounced when a lot of voices are played like when playing a single player mission with lots of aircraft. I have fairly high spec rig so I can only suspect this is a setup problem. Can anybody here help me out? I'm patched to 4.00.

I have the same problem from back in the stock game days. I never found a solution and instead turned the voices off in the audio settings. If anyone knows whats causing this problem and a way to solve it, please help us :thumbsup:

Major Tom
Oct-21-2013, 19:29
I have the same problem from back in the stock game days. I never found a solution and instead turned the voices off in the audio settings. If anyone knows whats causing this problem and a way to solve it, please help us :thumbsup:Glad to know I'm not alone. I thought I had a screwed up setup, but it seems if you have this problem a lot of other guys are probably dealing with it as well. Oh well, voices off it is.

Screamadelica
Oct-21-2013, 20:26
Could it be that the voices are using WAV files which are larger than MP3 files and that this is what is causing the voice load/stutter problem. Too much information to load in a short space of time?

Mysticpuma
Oct-22-2013, 03:09
I think the use .ogg files and maybe it's the decoding that causes the stuttering? Just another line to add to the next list of things to look at ;)

FAE_Cazador
Oct-22-2013, 05:07
Same happens to me, as I posted in other thread. "The Black Death" track is a good evidence, all that chit-chat from Me110 pilots while bombing causes microstutters, just solved by switching off voices.

Mattias
Oct-22-2013, 05:29
:salute:

Thinking of it, the problem might be caused by a too low audio buffer setting...I will do some experiments :thumbsup:

Screamadelica
Oct-22-2013, 06:02
The Desastersoft Campaigns use WAV files, I think. Cliffs Of Dover uses OGG files. Don't know if it would make a difference, but WAV files are considerably larger than OGG or MP3 files. :salute:

con3para
Oct-22-2013, 07:34
There was a setting in sound ............... i found this on the internet ,

do a Google

i think he had it running at = 3 seemed to work for him .................see below

"NumChannels" was set to 1 though. I changed it to 2 and there was no difference. I then changed it to 3 and the stutters disappeared!.........try it

sound section for info:

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=3
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1
vgMaster=10
vgMusic=0
vgVoice=15

Major Tom
Oct-22-2013, 17:51
There was a setting in sound ............... i found this on the internet ,

do a Google

i think he had it running at = 3 seemed to work for him .................see below

"NumChannels" was set to 1 though. I changed it to 2 and there was no difference. I then changed it to 3 and the stutters disappeared!.........try it

I tried this didn't seem to make a difference. Perhaps I changed the wrong confuser? I should change the confuser located in document/1c/CLod-MOD folder, correct?