PDA

View Full Version : Is Autopilot working?

FAE_Cazador
Oct-21-2013, 16:15
Hi all, I have tried to enable Autopilot to take off and show myself to Ground Control to receive take off clearance, but, surprisingly for me ( I'd never used it to fly before), Autopilot does not work!

I've mapped SHIFT+A key in the section "General", line "AI Toggle control". Then I tried SP Quick Mission "Free flight over Channel": no way, I press Shift A and nothing happens, the plane drops down if I do not touch the Joystick.

Also, I have tried mapping same keys (disabling the above) in the "Aircraft" section "Course Autopilot - Cycle Modes": no way, nothing happens.

This SHIFT+A combination is mapped nowhere in any other place of the sim, I've checked that.

So, is really Autopilot working in this f*(k¡|\|g half-completed sim or am I a dumb ? :) Good old IL-2 had this working perfectly!.

Nothing to do with TF great work indeed, I've checked this also in Vanilla CloD and same happens!

Thanks for your help!!

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-21-2013, 16:16
Tap "A" insted of "Shift+A"

FAE_Cazador
Oct-21-2013, 16:25
Same result if I map A or Shift+A, mate, thanks anyway!

ATAG_Colander
Oct-21-2013, 16:27
Same result if I map A or Shift+A, mate, thanks anyway!

Cazador,

Tal vez tienes un conflicto de teclas. Intenta "mapear" algo como CTRL-Q a ver si funciona.

1lokos
Oct-21-2013, 17:04
Cazador,

I suspect that you have a "conflict" with yourself, :)

Probable in Options > "Realism" > "No AI control" are ticked. :thumbsup:

The key or combo dont matter, I use Alt+A.

BTW - The functions "Course Autopilot - Cycle Modes" is for another kind of "autopilot", the "Kurssteureung" (TF please translate this :whacky: )

Sokol1

FAE_Cazador
Oct-21-2013, 17:23
Cazador,

I suspect that you have a "conflict" with yourself, :)

Probable in Options > "Realism" > "No AI control" are ticked. :thumbsup:

The key or combo dont matter, I use Alt+A.

BTW - The functions "Course Autopilot - Cycle Modes" is for another kind of "autopilot", the "Kurssteureung" (TF please translate this :whacky: )

Sokol1

That's the point! I have Full Real settings, and of course this does not allow AI Control !! Finally, it is clear, I'm a dumb!

Thanks a lot, you made my day! Gracias tambien, Colander! :)

By the way, I subscribe Sokol's question, what's ""Kurssteureung", a German Autopilot?

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-21-2013, 18:51
Kursteuerung means; Course control/course management.

1lokos
Oct-21-2013, 21:21
Kursteuerung means; Course control/course management.

Err, I beg for translate in CloD GUI, is boring see this in Blenheim/Br.20 and ever in Ju-88 because all others messages related system are in English. :thumbsup:
Perhaps just "Autopilot Course"...

Cazador this thing is used in bombers for maintain a level flight during level bombering.

Sokol1

FAE_Cazador
Oct-22-2013, 04:56
Err, I beg for translate in CloD GUI, is boring see this in Blenheim/Br.20 and ever in Ju-88 because all others messages related system are in English. :thumbsup:
Perhaps just "Autopilot Course"...

Cazador this thing is used in bombers for maintain a level flight during level bombering.

Sokol1

Aha, so that is the "Level Autopilot" command existing in good old IL-2...

I haven't tried bombing yet, in CloD, but I subscribe Sokol's petition of a more appropiated translation, for future patches.

Thanks!