PDA

View Full Version : I wish to register a complaint

palker
Oct-22-2013, 15:10
TF 4.0 patch broke all my Air race tracks that have pylons on water.
What should look like this
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902103553880771478/F4EA83E738DE180A79EBC35ABFDA885DDEED5771/
now looks like this
http://i.imgur.com/lxIo5CC.jpg
and most of them are drowned completely. You can imagine that it is quite difficult to fly between the pylons if you cannot see them.
Also the racing skins look a bit wonky with the new lightning system.
http://i.imgur.com/kOOmkBT.jpg

I attached one RB air race mission so you can see it for yourselves.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Oct-22-2013, 15:12
so have 2 versions of the game 4.0 and 3.1.....whats the big deal?

palker
Oct-22-2013, 15:29
so have 2 versions of the game 4.0 and 3.1.....whats the big deal?

And how would i do that. I am not aware of any version switcher only way i can think of doing this is buying a new copy on different steam account. And that is not going to happen.

ATAG_Naz
Oct-22-2013, 15:52
You can have multiple copies of the game by simply copying the game folder to another location .. so for example:

1.Uninstall the game and reinstall/or verify integrity from Steam to have the original Vanilla version on your system
2. Copy the vanilla game folder to another location on your HD
3. Install whatever mod version you want in the new copied location
4. Use the respective launcher.exe files from each folder to launch the game version you want.
5. Profit

Mattias
Oct-22-2013, 16:32
:salute:

I'm willing to admit we probably did not beta test the pylons properly before release :D We will have a look at this :thumbsup:

palker
Oct-23-2013, 00:30
:salute:

I'm willing to admit we probably did not beta test the pylons properly before release :D We will have a look at this :thumbsup:

Thanks most people probably do not care much for the Su-26 but i love flying it around those races.

FAE_Cazador
Oct-23-2013, 03:29
You can have multiple copies of the game by simply copying the game folder to another location .. so for example:

1.Uninstall the game and reinstall/or verify integrity from Steam to have the original Vanilla version on your system
2. Copy the vanilla game folder to another location on your HD
3. Install whatever mod version you want in the new copied location
4. Use the respective launcher.exe files from each folder to launch the game version you want.
5. Profit

Don't forget to create in your folder MyDocuments/1C Software.... (or something like this) a new subfolder for the new version you want to have, with the same name of the new version created in point (2) above, and copy the original created there by the Vanilla version. Apply there also the Mods you want.

And before all, backup your conf.ini, confuser.ini,and confs.ini files (if you run a server) and restore them in every subfolder above mentionned.

Tettric
Oct-23-2013, 17:08
T.F Have merely offered added challenge :)

ATAG_Colander
Oct-23-2013, 17:12
All you need to do to switch between versions is replace the maddox.dll with the appropriate version one and delete the cache before starting the game.

palker
Oct-23-2013, 17:34
All you need to do to switch between versions is replace the maddox.dll with the appropriate version one and delete the cache before starting the game.

Nah cannot be bothered with that. There are 2 land based tracks so i will play those. If you look at it from the bright side i now have motivation to learn new tracks.

1lokos
Oct-23-2013, 18:13
WOW! :woohoo:

Someone fly with Su-26. :thumbsup:

Sokol1