PDA

View Full Version : Persistent battle

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-22-2013, 17:34
Now that the server is getting to its max capacity almost evry day it is time to cast a challenge to the talented mission makers. I dont know how to make them, so i just throw up some ideas of what i think it should be interesting.

IF there was a chance of setting up a second server, and understanding that what we have now, altought its very good its not evryone cup of tea, i would like to see this:

The battle

Leaving the battle ideas to the mission makers and history researchers i would like just to provide the general idea.

A battle enduring for a entire week! With the abbility to join up a squad on a specific mission, where the objectives would make a diffrence on the battle direction. If i get a fuel dump at place X the enemy would have less fighters/bombers in that area. If a airfield would get destroyed it would remain inactive for a day (or hours).

Joining a squad:

Going on the server with 2 or 3 buddies and assign to all these a specific objective that, once fullfilled, would give the 3 of us the chance of doing another mission or just call it a good day work, keeping a individual score for all involved. If i got shot down would prevent me to fly immediatly and, if killed, would have to start all over again, only in X hours or the following day.

For the process of joining the squad i would like to have a intuitive GUI menu while on cockpit. If i had selected the wrong aicraft would require me to change it (With a big warning sign flashing in front of my eyes). Only when the lads of the same group had all the pre requesites to start the mission it would be given clearence to take off.

The main goal would be around individual or small groups side missions who would influence the outcome of the battle. Not always had to be bombing X place, it could be a courier mission, or a pickup mission behind enemy lines, landing at a specific location to pickup shotdown pilots hidden by resistance :)

These are just ideas how it could enhance the feeling of the contribution to the war battle.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-22-2013, 17:37
We would like to get the second server up, but Bliss is away and Colander is in need of some serious R&R.

Yes, I have built some battles which would I think provide a good mix of ground vehicle combat and air to air, and they will be up, hopefully in the next week or so.

Cheers Buzzsaw

Now that the server is getting to its max capacity almost evry day it is time to cast a challenge to the talented mission makers. I dont know how to make them, so i just throw up some ideas of what i think it should be interesting.

IF there was a chance of setting up a second server, and understanding that what we have now, altought its very good its not evryone cup of tea, i would like to see this:

The battle

Leaving the battle ideas to the mission makers and history researchers i would like just to provide the general idea.

A battle enduring for a entire week! With the abbility to join up a squad on a specific mission, where the objectives would make a diffrence on the battle direction. If i get a fuel dump at place X the enemy would have less fighters/bombers in that area. If a airfield would get destroyed it would remain inactive for a day (or hours).

Joining a squad:

Going on the server with 2 or 3 buddies and assign to all these a specific objective that, once fullfilled, would give the 3 of us the chance of doing another mission or just call it a good day work, keeping a individual score for all involved. If i got shot down would prevent me to fly immediatly and, if killed, would have to start all over again, only in X hours or the following day.

For the process of joining the squad i would like to have a intuitive GUI menu while on cockpit. If i had selected the wrong aicraft would require me to change it (With a big warning sign flashing in front of my eyes). Only when the lads of the same group had all the pre requesites to start the mission it would be given clearence to take off.

The main goal would be around individual or small groups side missions who would influence the outcome of the battle. Not always had to be bombing X place, it could be a courier mission, or a pickup mission behind enemy lines, landing at a specific location to pickup shotdown pilots hidden by resistance :)

These are just ideas how it could enhance the feeling of the contribution to the war battle.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-23-2013, 11:43
Calling Salmo or Reddog to take up the challenge!

Hey, if the map could have several "Side missions", maybe each map maker could present their mission for the day?

Would be great to allow only registered pilots to a specific site. Then the site would generate a "mission for the day" and the group would have X ammount of time to fullfill the objetive.

Im just tossing some more ideas randomly. Maybe i can wake up the interest of some map maker?

P.S. Not calling you Buzzsaw, because your hands will be full with other jobs

SoW Reddog
Oct-23-2013, 12:38
Calling Salmo or Reddog to take up the challenge!

Hey, if the map could have several "Side missions", maybe each map maker could present their mission for the day?

Would be great to allow only registered pilots to a specific site. Then the site would generate a "mission for the day" and the group would have X ammount of time to fullfill the objetive.

Im just tossing some more ideas randomly. Maybe i can wake up the interest of some map maker?

P.S. Not calling you Buzzsaw, because your hands will be full with other jobs

I'm currently on holiday for the week and haven't yet played 4.0 so I'll be sorting my mission out and getting some stick time. I like this idea and have some thoughts on how it could work quite well. I think it could end up being extremely immersive although it'll only work with large numbers of players. How long are we expecting having the elevated numbers of players do we reckon?

ATAG_Colander
Oct-23-2013, 12:41
How long are we expecting having the elevated numbers of players do we reckon?

Good Q and soon there will be DCS WWII and BoS to split the numbers even more.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-23-2013, 12:43
How long are we expecting having the elevated numbers of players do we reckon?

The idea is to have a diffrent option. Not evryone is interested in a quick dogfight. Some want to go for more immersive experience. Thus, a diffrent server with a diffrent mission oriented purposes would be nice.

I dont think it would be packed full as the current ATAG server has been, but that wouldnt worrie me at all. That doesnt mean the objectives dont have opposition, some random spawn of enemies along the way can always be created.

This would be a modern COOP style of experience. With occasionaly having a human as opponent.

Chivas
Dec-12-2013, 15:11
If the number of human flyer's isn't significant enough to warrant two seperate servers, I don't see why historical types, and dogfight only types couldn't use the same server. Dogfighters could well disrupt historically sensitive flyer's, but they would just see it as the "fog of war", and deal with it.

I like to someday see an historical 24/7 day to day reenactment of the Battle of Britain flown by AI aircraft, where any AI position can be taken by human flyer's, or a human pilot/s could just take off on their own mission. With all the aircraft in the air I'm sure the pure dogfighter could easily find a fight, not knowing if he's in a fight with a human or AI. Personally I would like to make historical type low level Ju88 missions attacking targets deep in enemy territory, with different fights going on all over the map, never sure what your going to run into.