PDA

View Full Version : Change of LOD still visible along white lines

ram0506
Oct-22-2013, 19:13
Hello,
I still have some issues with the LOD with the new patch. I hope on the two pictures you can see what I mean.
There still is the abrupt transition between the near and the far LOD along some lines in the landscape. On the screenshots you can`t see the lines but in the game I often have those white flickering lines.
Patch installed according to instructions. Emptied Cache. My settings are all on maximum. I´m running an AMD 7970 card. Maybe it`s an AMD problem?

Mattias
Oct-22-2013, 19:15
Hello,
I still have some issues with the LOD with the new patch. I hope on the two pictures you can see what I mean.
There still is the abrupt transition between the near and the far LOD along some lines in the landscape. On the screenshots you can`t see the lines but in the game I often have those white flickering lines.
Patch installed according to instructions. Emptied Cache. My settings are all on maximum. I´m running an AMD 7970 card. Maybe it`s an AMD problem?

:salute:

Do you have this on all maps or just the winter map?

ram0506
Oct-22-2013, 19:19
I have it also on the summer map (didn`t try autumn). But on the winter map it`s more obvious. Maybe because of the grey colour at the far LOD.

Kling
Oct-22-2013, 23:35
I have it also on the summer map (didn`t try autumn). But on the winter map it`s more obvious. Maybe because of the grey colour at the far LOD.

You sure landscape detail is set to "original" and not just "high"?

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-22-2013, 23:44
I have heard some others reporting the same, or at least, alike. But on these pictures he posted i cant see anything abnormal. Am i the only one who doesnt see what he is pointing at?

ram0506
Oct-23-2013, 05:34
@ATAG_Kling,
yes, landscape detail is set to "original".

@ATAG_Lolsav,
the problem with the screenshots is, that you can`t see the white flickering lines that I have in the game. These lines show exactly where the LOD changes. If you look closely to the pictures maybe you can see, that up to where the arrows are all details are visible. After the arrows its only grey colour with no details anymore.
(The arrows are not pointing to special points, I just wanted to show where the line of the LOD change is)

TheVino3
Oct-23-2013, 05:44
What are your PC specs?

JG4_Widukind
Oct-23-2013, 06:01
i have the withe lines too, its a AMD problem i think.

Mattias
Oct-23-2013, 06:06
i have the withe lines too, its a AMD problem i think.

AMD and Clod does not play as well together as NVidia and Clod :(

Does anyone around here use AMD and found a way around these kind of bugs?

ram0506
Oct-23-2013, 06:54
What are your PC specs?

I7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 OC, 16 GB RAM @ 1600, Win7 64, 1920x1080

AKA_Recon
Oct-23-2013, 07:12
your referring to these lines?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969263096/screenshots/

if so - that is ATI bug

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-23-2013, 10:38
I have a AMD card, a HD6970. The white line i only had noticed them over the sea, or near Dover harbour. Havent seen them elsewhere, but since they appear on those locations is believable they appear elsewhere and i just dont notice them, cause i have a mind selective atitude, looking for targets insted.

ram0506
Oct-23-2013, 11:22
your referring to these lines?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969263096/screenshots/

if so - that is ATI bug

Yes, thats what I meant. Ok, I see, the next card will be one with a green label!:D

That explains the white lines. But what about the abrupt transition of the LOD at the lines? Is it also an issue of ATI cards?

And thank you to all for your participation in my problem!

1lokos
Oct-23-2013, 12:13
It' the "ATI 7xxx Durero Magic Square" that plague CLoD since early version, are fixed in some Beta patch, but are re-introduced in "Lofth" patch. :D

Now in TF 4.0 are not see under FOV 90, but are worst in FOV 30... :ind:

Sokol1

ram0506
Oct-23-2013, 12:48
It' the "ATI 7xxx Durero Magic Square" that plague CLoD since early version, are fixed in some Beta patch, but are re-introduced in "Lofth" patch. :D

Now in TF 4.0 are not see under FOV 90, but are worst in FOV 30... :ind:

Sokol1

Yes, I copy that! For the last official patch the lines were "re-invented" after being gone in some of the Betas before.

Just made some testing again. With the summer and autumn landscape the LOD change wouldn`t be that obvious without the lines. Only because of the flickering lines it`s very striking.
The winter landscape is a little bit different. There the LOD transition is not that smooth. Maybe because of the bright white of the near LOD in opposite to the grey far away LOD.

No.401_Alpine
Oct-23-2013, 19:04
I have a 7950,still have that visible line with the latest patch,however,it is actually less visible compared to the previous version.

Irongull
Oct-24-2013, 00:51
I had this in my "Thank You" post to TF and ATAG, but I definitely have to throw my 2 cents in again because of how annoying this issue is... Somebody please help us! I don't understand how the 1C beta patch didn't have this, but the final release did. Is it some kind of variable value issue only on ATI cards, with the terrain's detail distance value being lower than where the low detail texture area begins?

I only notice it in the water...

AKA_Recon
Oct-24-2013, 07:34
I mostly see it in the water as well, and honestly, I've learned to just block it out.

DarkHelmet
Oct-24-2013, 08:00
The lines vanished for me since TF 4.
AMD 7970 GHz Edition, Catalyst 13.11 beta

ram0506
Oct-24-2013, 11:40
Tried the Catalyst 13.11 Beta, but still the lines.

I give up!:ind:

(but nice avatar, DarkHelmet!)

1lokos
Oct-24-2013, 12:33
The lines vanished for me since TF 4.
AMD 7970 GHz Edition, Catalyst 13.11 beta

Even under FOV 90?

The easy way to check is fly the first QM - Spitfire Free Flight, is above the affected area in sea.

Sokol1

Uwe
Oct-24-2013, 15:43
Seems the solution it's too but proper hardware. I haven't seen that since the first release!

Irongull
Oct-25-2013, 01:56
Seems the solution it's too but proper hardware. I haven't seen that since the first release!

If those typos are supposed to say "Seems the solution is to buy proper hardware"... Yea right dude, my "proper hardware" cost me $1200 brand new which runs 95% of games without issue. This was a non issue before 1C released the final patch and they never fixed it for us ATI/AMD supporters(With some in crossfire, myself included). A lot of people have this "white box shaped outline on the detailed texture border" issue, and personally I can't just tune it out.

DarkHelmet
Oct-25-2013, 02:28
Even under FOV 90?

The easy way to check is fly the first QM - Spitfire Free Flight, is above the affected area in sea.

I'll check this this evening and attach some screenies.

ram0506
Oct-25-2013, 04:43
If those typos are supposed to say "Seems the solution is to buy proper hardware"... Yea right dude, my "proper hardware" cost me $1200 brand new which runs 95% of games without issue. This was a non issue before 1C released the final patch and they never fixed it for us ATI/AMD supporters(With some in crossfire, myself included). A lot of people have this "white box shaped outline on the detailed texture border" issue, and personally I can't just tune it out.

Agree, Irongull!

I spent about the same for my PC. And meanwhile the white lines become very annoying for me. I would even speak of a game breaker because it`s killing the immersion for me.

Waiting for better times (or other sims) !

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-25-2013, 09:13
I am also a AMD owner, ATI card, if you prefer. I wonder if we are not barking at wrong door, ie, couldnt this be a driver issue? A AMD problem to solve and nothing game related?

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Oct-25-2013, 09:36
Hello,
Patch installed according to instructions. Emptied Cache.

I still have same problem but i try it to ignore with a little bit zoom...

My settings are NOT all on maximum but nearly. I´m running an ATI 5850 HD...

Other games not have this problem at my side... DCS A10C / Ka-50 / P-51... also not in IL-2 1946 Ultra Pack and RoF...
Driver still up 2 date

some settings in the confuser.ini ?

ram0506
Oct-25-2013, 10:41
I am also a AMD owner, ATI card, if you prefer. I wonder if we are not barking at wrong door, ie, couldnt this be a driver issue? A AMD problem to solve and nothing game related?

I think it`s game related. CloD is the only game I have, where this problem occurs. And as stated before, the problem was gone with one of the official Beta-Patches we got last year. With the final official patch the lines appeared again.

DarkHelmet
Oct-25-2013, 11:59
I'll check this this evening and attach some screenies.

Here they are, no lines:

5040 x 1050

Wulf
Oct-25-2013, 17:16
I have a 7950,still have that visible line with the latest patch,however,it is actually less visible compared to the previous version.

I've noticed this as well. The 'white line' or 'dotted white line' appears less pronounced since the 4.00 Patch. Now, obviously this is an issue with ATI cards because only ATI users get this however I find it interesting that the problem appears to have declined somewhat since the patch. I'm now left wondering whether there is in fact some underlying issue with the game that causes this problem.

1lokos
Oct-25-2013, 17:45
Here they are, no lines:

And here, why:

5040 x 1050

:thumbsup:

Sokol1

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-25-2013, 18:48
So its a resolution issue? To those particular textures in those spots? Cant be or the nvidia guys would have it too. So, what is it? Wrong code for ATI cards?

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Oct-26-2013, 06:06
I've noticed this as well. The 'white line' or 'dotted white line' appears less pronounced since the 4.00 Patch. Now, obviously this is an issue with ATI cards because only ATI users get this however I find it interesting that the problem appears to have declined somewhat since the patch. I'm now left wondering whether there is in fact some underlying issue with the game that causes this problem.

but why another game not have this at ATI cards if it will be a problem from ATI ?

Davis0079
Oct-26-2013, 06:50
sorry I'm late to the party....the OP is referring to the "bow wash" effect....this has to do with the draw distance and even at max you can see it alittle....thats what I believe the arrows in the pics are pointing at....

...."Bow wash" is a problem in all games with huge draw distances...including FPS, MMOs, flight sims,.....sometimes they can be made to look seemless, but make no mistake, its still there....a fact of pc gaming.....

...as far as the "white line anomaly", I dont have that problem, I'm nvidia, evga760sc...

Leandro
Oct-31-2013, 01:37
I have the same problem in my NVidia card. Except for me the lines are black...

Then again I'm having to comment out the 'Render=D3D10_0' line in conf.ini because otherwise I get a weird LOD bug that nobody knows how to fix. So I can only assume it's reverting to d3d9 and giving me that (and other) graphical glitches in the process.

Playing this game has been a complex set of tradeoffs as to what bugs I hate the least. At least the TF patches help with the more game breaking of them.

YoYo
Dec-23-2013, 04:03
In 13.12 of CCC still is present.

Flanker35M
Jan-22-2014, 11:31
S!

I have the lines too, but they are barely visible. Very faint and light grey so they blend quite well to the haze. This was on QMB and Free Flight England over Dover.

Logan
Jan-22-2014, 20:09
Ahh I read this AFTER I bought an ATI card for my AMD.(Amazon dropped it off today) :doh:
My Nvidia 550ti updated the drivers and the control panel will show only a setting for 3D so I cant tweak anything and Nvidia told me my windows OS was corrupt and to re install? So to ATI I went.

fly4ever
Jan-30-2014, 06:54
To all ATI cards ClOD pilots:

It's highly probable I found the cause (and solution) to the white lines problem!!!

It likely seems that the problem occurs at certain resolution settings in conjunction with a certain monitor.The other day I was trying to find the maximum acceptable resolution for my not so good monitor (not HD unfortunately) one by one.After a new resolution was choosen I took a flight exactly where the lines were clearly visible and I discovered that with certain settings the lines were there but with another setting they were gone!Same counts for the slim and long grey rectangles (like piers) appear attached to the shoreline.More specifically,whenever I choose 1024X768 the lines and everything is there.But when I choose 1360X1024 everything is gone.They also weren't visible from any view,irrelevantly from inside the cockpit or from outside of the plane,nor with any kind of zoom either!

Today I'll fly as much as I can to other places over the channel also in order to clarify and confirm the lines aren't there anymore.Let's hope that what is gone is gone for good and not to show itself elsewhere!!!

So,all of you ClOD pilots with AMD/ATI GPU's (mine is Sapphire R9-280X OC Toxic Edition) just fiddle for a while with your resolution settings and then fly to areas where the problem occurs.Most likely the lines and everything will have gone away!

Cheers
Nick

fly4ever
Jan-30-2014, 08:14
:( My exhilaration wasn't meant to last I'm afraid!Seems these damned lines are quite tough :grrr:

In a few days when my new monitor arrive I'll check it our further to see what will happen with the HD settings of which I'm not capable of yet.
They tend to disappear though when zoom out.In outside views they show themselves up only when zooming to the point the plane fits exactly to the screen borders.

Cheers

Nick

Logan
Feb-09-2014, 08:24
Here is what I get
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y308/blackwolf_927/2014-02-01_00001_zpsa5323a4a.jpg
At higher ALT its not there or I just cant see it.
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y308/blackwolf_927/2014-02-01_00004_zps7e2a81fa.jpg
Oh well with all the other improvments in this game I can deal with some white lines.