PDA

View Full Version : Red Baron - Kickstarter

1lokos
Oct-22-2013, 19:35
$250k...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/209/782/cf2026815a4db66dbee684507ff6345d_large.jpg?1382135 588

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madottergames/red-baron

OR compatible. :coolio:

$20 reward the game plus "peacock" insignia. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-22-2013, 21:13
Salute

Doesn't look much better than the last modded version of RED BARON 3D I played... :recon:

Mattias
Oct-22-2013, 21:21
:salute:

I hope they make it, but 250k seems very optimistic given the quality of the new footage :recon:

doxey
Oct-23-2013, 00:54
Quote from kickstarter: "Red Baron is back! The best dogfighting game of all time returns from Damon Slye"

The best dogfighting game of all time?? Wow, really? rapporteur seems to have lost a sense of proportion.
This shameless advertising is particularly stupid. All what i see is a childish arcade game for kids.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-23-2013, 01:19
Red Baron 3D was a GREAT game for its time.

50 players online, and a ton of aircraft, lots of fun.

But that was 1998/1999... things have moved on.

This kickstarter looks like we've advanced one year to 2000.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-23-2013, 06:18
I'm going to start a kick-starter project for a new car...

It seems to be all the rage

Royraiden
Oct-23-2013, 12:12
Looks like Warthunder meets WW1 air combat:doh: The project itself is really well presented though, if only DCS WW2 had been that way, but whats done is done :)

Dude27
Oct-23-2013, 16:59
So frustrated.... they use such a rotten graphic engine.... Please Gaijin, let them RENT your superb engine and make Red Baron 3 a game to remember!!! It would be a shame to use this childish color palette for such a wonderful gameplay.... the new Red Baron deserves BETTER!!! I would be one of the first backer if Gaijin can strike a deal with Damon. But right now, this torque old engine just don't cut it for me.

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-23-2013, 22:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6B7vK3MW1w

Royraiden
Oct-25-2013, 14:10
So frustrated.... they use such a rotten graphic engine.... Please Gaijin, let them RENT your superb engine and make Red Baron 3 a game to remember!!! It would be a shame to use this childish color palette for such a wonderful gameplay.... the new Red Baron deserves BETTER!!! I would be one of the first backer if Gaijin can strike a deal with Damon. But right now, this torque old engine just don't cut it for me.

Superb engine?:recon:

Skoshi_Tiger
Oct-26-2013, 19:51
I'm happily playing CoD at the moment, and waiting in anticipation for DCS WWII and BoS.

I guess I'm going to pass on RB for the moment. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it can add something that really sets it apart from RoF. I'm not sure if the 'sim' element of the game will meet my exacting standards and criteria. [see-footnote 1]

One thing that puts a sim ahead of the pack for me is an immersive, object rich environment. Just looking at the Edge video posted the other day and I found my attention drawn to the cars on the highway just out of the field. It really brought the scene to life.

Back in the day I think I was playing Flying Corp and only played Red Barron on a few times.

Cheers!

[Footnote 1 - Anyone who has actually seen me fly in game will realize that this is in fact a jape and was meant to be funny :) ]