PDA

View Full Version : Joining ATAG difficulty.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Sep-18-2011, 14:36
Since the Beta or Hyperlobby facilty has anyone else experienced problems using the Client option?

It takes me several attempts, sometimes resulting in a Server fail....aaargh! but I can get in straight away using HL.

I will post on 1c (for non ATAG members) as using HL is proving more consistent for me.

jaydee
Sep-18-2011, 15:56
Hi Evange,I have the same issues you mentioned.Also I am getting "freezes" wit the sim where I have to "task manager" exit the sim and restart.Not much fun when Ive just spent 20 mins getting to 4000k out over the channel..I didnt have these issues before patch/hyperlobby..Flying offline I have zero problems. Last night I tried SYN server and flew for an hour with no problems ...Any help would be much apreciated guys ! ~S~

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-19-2011, 15:09
Very strange. I've had no issues joining either way.

But occasionally steam can leave an instance of you on the server without you being there. So basically when you try to connect, the connection will timeout because your steam account is already there (can't have duplicates)

If that's happening just give us a buzz and it'll be time for a restart. :salute:

ATAG_EvangelusE
Sep-19-2011, 17:55
No probs Bliss, I will stick with HL for the time being.

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-27-2011, 10:14
I got as far as this
* Disable "Steam cloud config storage", Click "View>Game list" menu in the Steam main interface, right click "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" item "Properties", then click tab "Updates" and uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover". Its because HL need mangle your ini files in order to setup game sessions correctly (Same way we do it in IL2 series for ten years).

And was lost. I looked all over my steam interface and didn't find anything that matched this. I'll get online with ATAG personel as they helped me quite a bit yesterday. Thanks.:coolio: