PDA

View Full Version : AI cannot fly properly with the new high speed maneouvering changes

heinkill
Oct-23-2013, 18:37
Just reporting this for the sake of good order.

Am working and testing this single player issue with Buzz. No workaround found at the moment. At all (custom or default) AI settings in even a slight dive or split S the AI can't pull out and is prone to just dive into the ground.

This will effect playability of single player missions and campaigns.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-23-2013, 21:09

Am working and testing this single player issue with Buzz. No workaround found at the moment. At all (custom or default) AI settings in even a slight dive or split S the AI can't pull out and is prone to just dive into the ground.

I will agree there are issues which need addressing and I am working on them.

These changes, which I hope will be out in 3-4 weeks, will solve the problems.

In the meantime, single players can revert back to TF 3.01 or accept the issues for the time being.

However, disagree that the AI can't handle even minor dives, my testing had them diving safely 2500 meters. Not sure why Heinkill is getting such different results.

zami
Oct-24-2013, 08:36
Thank you for look into this problem, i like to play single player campaigns and especially the bf-109 AI planes dive to the ground very often.

Otherwise the patch is really great!!!

DennydD
Oct-25-2013, 08:47
Playing offline I realized that the AI especially struggles with the 109. I tried so far a Desastersoft 109 mission against Hurricanes and Spits and in the endscreen 22 109s crashed. 19 of them for no reason. I haven't encountered this with the Spits and Hurries so far. I think the AI in the desatersoft add ons are mostly hand calibrated. I will also try he111s, Bf110s and Stukas. Many thanks to you Buzz for looking into it. I and a lots of others realy appreciate your effort! :thumbsup::salute:

heinkill
Oct-25-2013, 11:07
Playing offline I realized that the AI especially struggles with the 109. I tried so far a Desastersoft 109 mission against Hurricanes and Spits and in the endscreen 22 109s crashed. 19 of them for no reason. I haven't encountered this with the Spits and Hurries so far. I think the AI in the desastersoft add ons are mostly hand calibrated. I will also try he111s, Bf110s and Stukas. Many thanks to you Buzz for looking into it. I and a lots of others realy appreciate your effort! :thumbsup::salute:

Yes he will sort it out, there is no doubt.

Clammy
Oct-26-2013, 02:38
I would want to mention the Hurricane as well. In the second campaign mission (the ju87 one) the AI, with autopilot engaged will just crash into the flight leader as it is trying to get in formation. Happened multiple times

Not a biggie but worth mentioning :)

jaydee
Oct-26-2013, 04:26
From what I can gather,I may be wrong but Ive noticed a more "variable" behaviour by adjusting the AI settings in FMB since TF4 !..at the moment I think its just a case of experimenting with all the combinations available.
Also,I think "Waypoints" may have to be looked at again(unfortunately) in our existing missions !
~S~

heinkill
Oct-26-2013, 07:26
Before people start rewriting missions (unless you think it is urgent) I would counsel patience. Personally I have not found an AI setting that solves it despite much testing.

I know Buzz is all over this but there is no magic bullet.

Certainly waypoints where attackers dive from high alt are most problematic and should be avoided, as are combats set to take place down in the weeds.

But a sustainable solution will be found. In the meantime the advice I have received is that if you play or build mostly single player missions, stick with patch 3.1 for a little while longer.

H

VMF214_Jupp
Oct-26-2013, 09:06
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_flight

"At some extreme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_flight)angles of attack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_attack), in some airplanes, the speed of the air over the top surface of the wing may be double the airplane’s airspeed. It is therefore entirely possible to have both supersonic and subsonic airflow on an airplane at the same time. When flow velocities reach sonic speeds at some location on an airplane (such as the area of maximum camber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camber_%28aerodynamics%29) on the wing), further acceleration will result in the onset of compressibility effects such as shock wave (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_wave) formation, drag increase, buffeting, stability (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stability_%28aircraft%29), and control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_flight_control_system) difficulties. Subsonic flow principles are invalid at all speeds above this point."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_flight)

Sabrefly
Oct-26-2013, 18:36

heinkill, is RAF REDUX campaign also affected and not fully playable due to the issue?

Thanks,
Sabrefly.

heinkill
Oct-29-2013, 16:40
heinkill, is RAF REDUX campaign also affected and not fully playable due to the issue?

Thanks,
Sabrefly.

Yes, sorry. Stick with v 3.1.

To roll back I believe you just have to swap out the 4.0 maddox.dll for the 3.1.

H

keeno
Oct-29-2013, 16:56
Mmmmmmmmm,

thanks for that, looks like i should wait before considering a purchase then. the other question, are they any good and value for money as they are not that cheap.

Cheers again.

Sabrefly
Oct-30-2013, 02:59
Yes, sorry. Stick with v 3.1.

To roll back I believe you just have to swap out the 4.0 maddox.dll for the 3.1.

H

Is that true? I may even get better looks and fps in the "rolled back" version of 3.1 patch with this method.

But anyhow, Heinkill, guys, can you confirm that it can be done indeed just by swapping maddox.dll?

Thanks,
Sabrefly.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-30-2013, 10:03
Yes, maddox.dll is the only file you need to swap and no, it will revert back to 3.01 (i.e. you will loose the new colors, maps etc).

Sabrefly
Oct-30-2013, 13:50
Yes, maddox.dll is the only file you need to swap and no, it will revert back to 3.01 (i.e. you will loose the new colors, maps etc).

Ok, thanks,that's really easy if I want some offline.

Sabrefly.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-30-2013, 14:17
You should even have a maddox.dll backup file in the same folder with the date when you installed 4.0 as part of the name.
The installer does not delete anything, just renames the conflicting files to the current date.

heinkill
Nov-09-2013, 06:22
I believe Buzz has now found the fix, which will be in hotfix 4.01.

H

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-09-2013, 14:17
I believe Buzz has now found the fix, which will be in hotfix 4.01.

H

Not my fix, our coder... ;)

heinkill
Nov-09-2013, 16:50
Not my fix, our coder... ;)

To whom we are duly grateful...

Any hint on when it will be avail?

Piper-Kiev
Nov-21-2013, 14:39
Привет!
Хотелось бы узнать исправлена уже проблема с пикированием ИИ и на когда можно ждать 4.1 с исправлениями ИИ....
С Уважением!

Hi!
I would like to know the problem has been fixed with a dive on the AI and when can we expect 4.1 with patches of AI ....
Best regards!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-21-2013, 15:49
Привет!
Хотелось бы узнать исправлена уже проблема с пикированием ИИ и на когда можно ждать 4.1 с исправлениями ИИ....
С Уважением!

Hi!
I would like to know the problem has been fixed with a dive on the AI and when can we expect 4.1 with patches of AI ....
Best regards!

Two weeks for sure... (no really :-P )

Piper-Kiev
Nov-24-2013, 14:07
Уважаемые мододелы, обратите свое внимание на то, как летит например девятка Не-111, построение - клин. Это пипец, пилоты все пьяные в дрыск, выписывают такие кренделя в строю, что просто бьются во время полета друг о друга!

Dear modders, pay attention to the fact, as flies do not like the nine-111 building - Wedge. Kick it, all drunk drivers in drysk, prescribing such a pretzel in order, just beating during the flight of each other!

heinkill
Nov-25-2013, 17:20
Уважаемые мододелы, обратите свое внимание на то, как летит например девятка Не-111, построение - клин. Это пипец, пилоты все пьяные в дрыск, выписывают такие кренделя в строю, что просто бьются во время полета друг о друга!

Dear modders, pay attention to the fact, as flies do not like the nine-111 building - Wedge. Kick it, all drunk drivers in drysk, prescribing such a pretzel in order, just beating during the flight of each other!

Love Google translate! I assume what you mean is, do not fly the He111 while drunk?

H

Sabrefly
Nov-25-2013, 23:29
Love Google translate! I assume what you mean is, do not fly the He111 while drunk?

H

"all drunk drivers in drysk" means all pilots are sh$t-faced ;D

Piper-Kiev
Nov-28-2013, 13:09

H

Yes, drunk bots fly scary .....