PDA

View Full Version : heinkill: give these clouds in the campaign!!!

oho
Oct-24-2013, 17:59
For the Reddux campaign, please can you change the weather and add more cloudy weather because the performance is really good now and they look really great.
Or how can I add clouds myself? I can't find your mission files and in the missionfiles I dont know how to add cloudy weather or overcast.

heinkill
Oct-25-2013, 05:07
If you are willing to do this yourself and share the update, I will include it in the master files so pls go ahead! At the moment I am very busy, but I agree they look great.

The mission files for the campaign are to be found buried deep in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign directory

Here you will find both the DE and GB (UK) campaigns.

I suggest you copy these into your single missions folder to work with them so that you don't mess up your campaign files until you are satisfied with them. The single missions are usually stored in your Mydocuments/1C/Il2sturmovikmod/missions/single directory. You can just copy the whole campaign_gb and campaign_de folder in there and you will have all the missions.

Now as to how to include the script for the clouds, I have to refer you to our clouds/script experts SOKOL1, or BOLOX. They would know the easiest way to do it for all the mission files.

There is no rush. As you probably know, or will notice, the latest patch v 4.0 has had the unfortunate side effect in single player missions of causing the AI aircraft to crash into the ground more often. The TF team is working on this but it will take some time, so their advice right now is that if you mostly fly single player campaigns and missions, you should stick with patch 3.1 until they have fixed this. I imagine it will take some weeks for them to make a hotfix for single player content, but it would be great if you make these changes for us to be able to make them available to players when the hotfix is available.

Good luck, and I look forward to being able to incorporate your work in the REDUX downloads!

Heinkill

bolox
Oct-25-2013, 05:54
The simple way to add clouds to missions doesn't even need fmb- you can edit a line in the .mis file using notepad.

Change the "weather Index 0" line to "weather Index 2".
This will add 'medium clouds' to the mission at the height set in the line below (change this if you want). Combined with the new extended clouds feature give quite a good effect.

You can add cloud objects in fmb, see
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6430&p=68243&viewfull=1#post68243

You can also preselect cloud type before inserting onto mission using the GUI.
User placed clouds can have their height edited to above 1500m .
Have fun playing around:)

oho
Oct-25-2013, 06:57
The simple way to add clouds to missions doesn't even need fmb- you can edit a line in the .mis file using notepad.

Change the "weather Index 0" line to "weather Index 2".
This will add 'medium clouds' to the mission at the height set in the line below (change this if you want). Combined with the new extended clouds feature give quite a good effect.

You can add cloud objects in fmb, see
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6430&p=68243&viewfull=1#post68243

You can also preselect cloud type before inserting onto mission using the GUI.
User placed clouds can have their height edited to above 1500m .
Have fun playing around:)

I will try that and edit the mission files.
Does 3 mean overcast and 1 small clouds?

bolox
Oct-25-2013, 09:36
No, 2 = medium clouds, 1 = light clouds. 0 = clear
There is no setting for overcast, this can only be added through fmb

Screamadelica
Oct-26-2013, 06:48
There is no rush. As you probably know, or will notice, the latest patch v 4.0 has had the unfortunate side effect in single player missions of causing the AI aircraft to crash into the ground more often. The TF team is working on this but it will take some time, so their advice right now is that if you mostly fly single player campaigns and missions, you should stick with patch 3.1 until they have fixed this.
Heinkill[/QUOTE]

Sod going back to 3.1, now I've seen Ver 4.0! The AI can play lawndarts all they like once the missions over... :)