PDA

View Full Version : Strafing ground vehicles

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-24-2013, 21:51
Salute All

Since there will be more online server missions with ground vehicles included, I thought I'd make some suggestions for the Blue and especially the Red side players, whose armament types are a little challenged.

109's can of course strafe with their 20mm cannon, and even if they don't load AP rounds, they should get good results against the rear and top armour of most vehicle types. Of course, they do have limited ammo, which means they need to pick their moment to press the button. If they really want to ensure maximum results, they should load all AP.

The British, however, with their .303's are definitely going to have more problems, so they need to make a point of loading 100% AP type ammunition when their intended targets are ground vehicles.

With AP, the Brownings are capable of destroying quite a number of the more lightly armoured German vehicles, again if they hit the top armour, not the side or front. Against the heavier tanks, they do not have much likelyhood of getting a kill, and will need to call in the Blenheims with some bombs.

StormBat
Oct-24-2013, 23:15
Salute All

The British, however, with their .303's are definitely going to have more problems, so they need to make a point of loading 100% AP type ammunition when their intended targets are ground vehicles.

With AP, the Brownings are capable of destroying quite a number of the more lightly armoured German vehicles, again if they hit the top armour, not the side or front. Against the heavier tanks, they do not have much likelyhood of getting a kill, and will need to call in the Blenheims with some bombs.

Will you be incorporating the Blenheim IVF for ground pounding duties in any of the maps?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-24-2013, 23:54
Will you be incorporating the Blenheim IVF for ground pounding duties in any of the maps?

The Blenheim IVF is available on the "Seelowe Day 2" mission.

It can't carry bombs yet, we hope to have bombs for it in an upcoming patch.

322SQN_Dusty
Oct-25-2013, 02:57
Talking about the Blen IVF.. where does the gun package aim? Standard it seems to undershoot..somewhere..

Wulf
Oct-25-2013, 07:35
Salute All

Since there will be more online server missions with ground vehicles included, I thought I'd make some suggestions for the Blue and especially the Red side players, whose armament types are a little challenged.

109's can of course strafe with their 20mm cannon, and even if they don't load AP rounds, they should get good results against the rear and top armour of most vehicle types. Of course, they do have limited ammo, which means they need to pick their moment to press the button. If they really want to ensure maximum results, they should load all AP.

The Panzer I was by far the most numerous of the German tanks used in the Battle of France. The tank was designed for training purposes only and should be susceptible to .303 AP rounds if they are directed against the upper decking or the plating around the engine compartment. The Panzer II is probably also vulnerable to .303 AP rounds in certain circumstances, but to a somewhat lesser extent. The very few Panzer IIIs and IVs available for use during the Battle should for all intents and purposes be considered impervious to any type of .303 ammunition.