PDA

View Full Version : Simulated UHF Radio sound on TeamSpeak

Baffin
Oct-25-2013, 13:15
I'd like to share this TeamSpeak plugin for those of you trying to filter low frequency voice responses from Teamspeak's sound system. Among other things, it will filter out the lows and extreme highs to make the Teamspeak voices you hear simulate military aircraft UHF communications. This will also prevent unwanted jolts from the "Buttkicker" transducer (If you have one) in response to deep, loud voices.

http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...CrossTalk.html

[Moderator: A version of this post is also in the Teamspeak area]

Regards,

Meaks
Oct-27-2013, 03:53
This sounds great redxfred,but because TS is updated all the time,will this require updating every time TS is updated?

Oersted
Oct-27-2013, 14:32
Thanks for posting. I use ATAG_Colanders WWII radio mod, that one works fine for me, but the more proggies the merrier.

Baffin
Oct-28-2013, 16:50
This sounds great redxfred,but because TS is updated all the time,will this require updating every time TS is updated?

I dunno... but it works well for the time being!:thumbsup:

Oersted
Oct-31-2013, 11:15
Siounds good. I don't know if colanders mod works with the newest version of Teamspeak, but last time I checked it didn't. And Storm of War REQUIRES the newest Teamspeak, so I couldn't use the mod there...

Davis0079
Oct-31-2013, 16:19
I dont want to jump in with a big "blah diddy blah blah, i know more then you" type comment, because I could be very wrong, and it doent matter because it has nothing to do with the mod you made...only a little comment about the title...

I dont think aircraft in early WW2 used UHF radios....I was lead to believe that UHF came about after the limitations of VHF (what was used in early ww2 aircraft) were discovered (like shorter range and limited by LoS/earth curvature). UHF is a 1943-45 addition to aircraft (i am probably wrong about this) and pressurized radios (to stop high alt arc'ing) didnt come till 1946-47...(my introduction dates are rounded off the top of my head, google is needed for proper education on this subject)

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying they weren't around, I just was under the impression that UHF wasnt added to aircraft till later in the war.

This is one of those moment where I think I should keep my mouth shut and let you think I'm dumb, instead of speaking and showing you I'm dumb.....but then again...

OK, so I goggled it just to not look so stupid....I think I was right...early early British fighters didn't even have VHF, they had a HF (high frequency) radio, VHF (very high frequency) and UHF (ultra high frequency) came later as much needed upgrades to the communication systems...spits were first to get vhf in 1940..

....a quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain

Though it was the most sophisticated air defence system in the world at that time, the Dowding System had many limitations, including, but not often stressed, its emphatic need for qualified ground maintenance personnel, many of whom had received their training under the Aircraft Apprentice scheme instituted by Hugh Trenchard. RDF (radar) was subject to significant errors and the Observer Corps had difficulties tracking raids at night and in bad weather. R/T (radio telephone) communications with airborne fighters were restricted because the standard radio set used by RAF fighters at the beginning of the battle was the TR9D HF set, which operated over two selectable frequencies in the band 4.3–6.6 Megahertz (MHz);[127] the RAF soon realised that this equipment was limited in the range at which it could receive and transmit radio signals because of its limited power. In addition, the increase in the number of civil, military and foreign HF-band radio transmitters since the adoption of the TR9 meant that the signal often suffered from distortion and interference, making clear communication with the RAF fighters difficult. It was also restricted to a single frequency per squadron, making inter-squadron communication impossible.[124] Finally, the system for tracking RAF fighters, known as HF/DF or "Huff-Duff", restricted sectors to a maximum of four squadrons in the air. The addition of IFF, "Pipsqueak", while a welcome help in identifying RAF aircraft, took up another radio channel.
In late September 1940, VHF T/R Type 1133 radios started replacing the TR9s. These had first been fitted to Spitfires of 54 and 66 Squadrons starting in October 1939,[124] but production delays with the improved T/R 1143 set meant the bulk of Spitfires and Hurricanes were not fitted with this equipment until October 1940. The reception was much clearer over a longer range, and controllers and pilots had a wider range of communications channels to choose from.[124][127]

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-31-2013, 17:45
Great info, Davis! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna try this plugin. :D