PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday update 25th October 2013 – what does the future hold?

Mysticpuma
Oct-25-2013, 14:59
This week since the patch was released has been really interesting to watch from behind the Team Fusion lines.

We’d like to thank everyone for the amazing feedback we have had, generally across the board and on many other forums, the decision is that v4.00 is a success ;)

There will of-course be a hotfix which will correct as many of the main bugs identified that we can and that will be released of-course, sooner rather than later…BUT……we need a break!

Working on Patch v4.00 has been a big challenge. As we have managed to delve deeper into the working of the software, so we have been able to make large strides into creating new features. A lot of these have been seen in v4.00 but many are under development for v5.00. Creating v4.00 really has taken up vast swathes of our personal time and at this moment in time, we really want to sit back and relax. That doesn’t mean “shut up shop”, it means we want to just have some downtime to discuss future options and ideas, without having to be constantly accessible and answerable to the main forums. This probably means that for the next couple of weeks, we may not be very visible on the main forums. Of-course we will be reading them but it’ll be down to a team member whether they decide to get involved in a thread.

Please don’t think we are ignoring any posts or threads, we really are just taking a break and gathering our energy for the next campaign…wherever that is to be fought ;)

Thanks again for the overwhelming support for what we did in v4.00, trust v5.00 will be a landmark you’ll want to be here for ;)

Cheers, Team Fusion

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-25-2013, 15:20
Salute

In regards to the single-player AI aircraft issue, ie. the tendency for the AI to dive into the ground or 'lawndart', we are working on a solution which will be included in the TF 4.01 patch.

Thanks for your patience. :salute:

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-25-2013, 15:24
:thumbsup:

Roblex
Oct-25-2013, 15:31
A week after getting it and 56RAf are still commenting every sortie on how much they love the new patch :-) WTG guys.

PFT_Endy
Oct-25-2013, 15:55
Good effort and a break well deserved, 4.0 is a definite game changer for CloD :)

Although from a faithful and merciless fan's point of view I'm hoping you'll be able to release at least a very small hotfix concerning the Merlin III overheat issue soon :) Even if nothing else will be fixed for some time, this one bug I find personally the most pressing to fix as it concerns most red planes used on ATAG and other missions...

FAE_Cazador
Oct-25-2013, 15:59
Please TF, take a well deserved break, breath, relax and get new strength. You have made a great job!. LOD problem overcome and the problem of flying at height (solved before in the first patch) are IMHO the best successes in the whole history of CloD. New challenges await but, only just because of that , all CloD Community thank you!! :IAG:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-25-2013, 16:06
Good effort and a break well deserved, 4.0 is a definite game changer for CloD :)

Although from a faithful and merciless fan's point of view I'm hoping you'll be able to release at least a very small hotfix concerning the Merlin III overheat issue soon :) Even if nothing else will be fixed for some time, this one bug I find personally the most pressing to fix as it concerns most red planes used on ATAG and other missions...

It does not make any sense for us to release multiple patches over a short time... it just confuses installs for newer players, and makes for much more work for all of us in TF.

I understand your concern about the Merlin overheat, but there are also many other issues which players are concerned about, as for example AI behaviour, the fact the AAA guns cannot be manned, etc. etc.

So we will wait till we have all the issues addressed and then release the fixes together.

PFT_Endy
Oct-25-2013, 16:21
I understand Buzzsaw, no worries, one can hope though :)

Although I think small patches is not that bad a thing. I mean, you could always release 4.01, 4.02, 4.03 etc. and I don't think it'd confuse anyone beyond what it is now :)
Additionally, after every big patch release there could all be a "mega patch" also released. What I mean is, right now after vanilla you go 3.0 -> 3.01 -> 4.0 and it could be vanilla -> straight to 4.0 perhaps? Is that possible? I mean to pack previous patches together into a big one?

This way, after every patch is released you'd only need vanilla -> current big patch (currently 4.0) -> whatever hotfixes there are for it coming in batches as soon as different issues are adressed. When 5.0 is out, it could be vaniila->5.0->hotfixes etc.

Is compiling all the previous patches into one big patch feasible at all? Now that's something that'd help new players a lot I think. I've no idea if it's possible to merge patches together easily but if it is then perhaps at least the mega patch idea after each release could be considered?

Meusli
Oct-25-2013, 18:19
Thanks guys, I wish you the best'est of relaxes and wind downs. :thumbsup:

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Oct-25-2013, 19:19
If you guys are tired, just watch this motivational speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE

Bear Pilot
Oct-25-2013, 20:29
This week since the patch was released has been really interesting to watch from behind the Team Fusion lines.

We’d like to thank everyone for the amazing feedback we have had, generally across the board and on many other forums, the decision is that v4.00 is a success ;)

There will of-course be a hotfix which will correct as many of the main bugs identified that we can and that will be released of-course, sooner rather than later…BUT……we need a break!

Working on Patch v4.00 has been a big challenge. As we have managed to delve deeper into the working of the software, so we have been able to make large strides into creating new features. A lot of these have been seen in v4.00 but many are under development for v5.00. Creating v4.00 really has taken up vast swathes of our personal time and at this moment in time, we really want to sit back and relax. That doesn’t mean “shut up shop”, it means we want to just have some downtime to discuss future options and ideas, without having to be constantly accessible and answerable to the main forums. This probably means that for the next couple of weeks, we may not be very visible on the main forums. Of-course we will be reading them but it’ll be down to a team member whether they decide to get involved in a thread.

Please don’t think we are ignoring any posts or threads, we really are just taking a break and gathering our energy for the next campaign…wherever that is to be fought ;)

Thanks again for the overwhelming support for what we did in v4.00, trust v5.00 will be a landmark you’ll want to be here for ;)

Cheers, Team Fusion

PLEASE take a break! If any group in the history of flight simming deserved a break, it's Team Fusion.

You guys go above and beyond

:salute:

Meaks
Oct-26-2013, 00:27
Guys enjoy your break,we all know it's well earnt :thumbsup:,the TF patch V 4.0 has been a game changer,the problem is,you've now raised the benchmark in this last patch,...........we all know now what you guys are really capable of :)

Again,I just want to say thanks very much,your work is really appreciated fellas :salute:

LcSummers
Oct-26-2013, 02:50
Take a well deserved brake. You made a fantastic job. With this patch iam back again to Clod.

I am fully content with the patch. For me it is lovely to see my aircraft in this beautiiful environment. Take some R&R guys.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!:salute:

Archie
Oct-26-2013, 04:48
Yep, have a break for a while, last thing you want to do is burn out! Personally, I am loving this patch. For the first time ever, with the TF V4.0 patch, and my new rig, I am seeing the true beauty of Cliffs in all its glory!

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-26-2013, 05:20
Take a break lads, well deserved as others have said..

I take my hat of to you too as having patience of saints. Same ol questions popping up of which I cant help thinking of past 'tones' in regards to FM/Dm etc..

They know who they are yet they still push and push...Its just as it has been in every other flight sim forum to date only now they don't press to hard as they don't have a 'right' too.. Its not expected as no money has been handed over or promises. But for me they still bound on the verge of being 'annoying'..

You opened this game up for many many new players and brought back a few 'original' players to this game...TF is giving the BoS community a lot to think about and is giving BoS in general a great game to compete with because that's what it will be doing, sure your have peeps playing both but generally your be geared to one or the other..

Again thanks from the jamzmeister...enjoy your breaks!:thumbsup:

dburne
Oct-26-2013, 08:50

Are you kidding? :)
If anyone deserves a break, YOU guys certainly do! What you have collectively done for us, WWII combat sim enthusiasts, has been nothing short of incredible! I think all of you should take a well deserved break for however long you need!!
Thank You!!

Mattias
Oct-26-2013, 10:40

A break for most of us = actually playing the sim :joystick: :hpyflying:

This is not only relaxing, but also helps us collect ideas for TF5.0 :)

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-26-2013, 11:07
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/8633/7aa.gifhttp://imageshack.us/a/img194/8633/7aa.gifhttp://imageshack.us/a/img194/8633/7aa.gifhttp://imageshack.us/a/img194/8633/7aa.gif

Swoop
Oct-26-2013, 16:21
A well deserved break lads after a tremendous job, nothing like just enjoying flying with no pressures in the background.

I'm hoping this patch brings in more flyers as it reminds me of my old wingman Ming saying "pilots are the blood of this". I'm sure many are on the fence and still flying IL2 because the lack of any online campaign or SEOW type missions. I remember the simpler Bellum wars of old which were still jam packed in Hyperlobby. I'm not sure if there is anything hidden in the code with something like this in mind?

S! and thank you TF

DUI
Oct-26-2013, 19:32
I already said it in another thread but as the patch is available for more a week now a good time to say it again: An amazing patch improving so many things while worsen none. Graphics, sounds, performance, flight models, damage models, new map skins and also the drivable vehicles feature which already gives a first impression of its potential. :gourmet:

Take your time, relax and think about all the magic still to unhide or add to the game. As long as I receive a status update next Friday... or did I get something wrong in your post..? ;)

Manoxerox
Oct-27-2013, 04:26
It does not make any sense for us to release multiple patches over a short time... it just confuses installs for newer players, and makes for much more work for all of us in TF.

I understand your concern about the Merlin overheat, but there are also many other issues which players are concerned about, as for example AI behaviour, the fact the AAA guns cannot be manned, etc. etc.

So we will wait till we have all the issues addressed and then release the fixes together.

I agree that it does not make any sense to release many patches over a short time, but could you, please, take a look at one very important shortcoming of the game: flying offline campaigns the AI planes do not obey commands unless you take off with autopilot on until at least to the first waypoint. This is not acceptable in an air combat game in 2013. :smash: So if you know the solution to this bug, please, fix this asap. I'll send my absolute must wishlist closer to christmas;;)

Blitzen
Oct-29-2013, 14:53
You are "Aces" with me!:thumbsup:

RedHawk
Oct-29-2013, 17:27
S! TF. Looking foward to play v5.0

EG14_Marcast
Oct-29-2013, 19:21
Take your time guys you deserved it. And thanks again :salute:

TWC_BikerJack
Oct-30-2013, 05:09
You guys are amazing. A massive thank you for all your hard work. Enjoy a well deserved break :thumbsup:

alphapapa
Nov-01-2013, 08:53
I agree with the team. Collate the niggles and release a megafix as 5.0.

Although a newbie, I've been a great an of Il2 since the first release and flew my first Spit on a ZX48! That one flew off the map and is still out there somewhere!
Hearty congratulations to all the team who have made this SIM #1 of all time!:-):salute::salute:

varrattu
Nov-01-2013, 18:31
Although a newbie, ... ... and flew my first Spit on a ZX48! ... ...

ZX Spectrum 48k !!! :)

Regards

~V~

Gromit
Nov-04-2013, 05:34
S! TF. Looking foward to play v5.0

For crying out loud, we only just got the latest patch, and already people want yet more!

How ungrateful can you get!

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-04-2013, 06:16
For crying out loud, we only just got the latest patch, and already people want yet more!

How ungrateful can you get!

Steady on, mate. Might have just been a single digit typo. Redhawk's other post indicates he's very grateful to Team Fusion, as we all are.

:)

Mysticpuma
Nov-04-2013, 07:11
V5.00 looks very promising already :)

Plenty of fun to be had with V4.00 though, cheers, MP

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-04-2013, 07:22
V5.00 looks very promising already :)

Mystic you teaser!

And there was not friday update this week from you! The "nerve" of coming here teasing us about the goodies to come! Let me just catch you flying around in your hurricane!!! muahahahahah :devilish:

Mysticpuma
Nov-04-2013, 08:15
Still relaxing in the two-week off break :)

Most likely when updates start again they will be every two-weeks as we start gathering stuff together. There probably wont be much to show in the first 2-3 months. Don't worry though Friday's update (this week) has some nice pictures :)

Cheers, MP

Royraiden
Nov-04-2013, 09:30
Still relaxing in the two-week off break :)

Most likely when updates start again they will be every two-weeks as we start gathering stuff together. There probably wont be much to show in the first 2-3 months. Don't worry though Friday's update (this week) has some nice pictures :)

Cheers, MP

You are still teasing!!!!!!:banghead:

Taxman
Nov-04-2013, 23:07
You are still teasing!!!!!!:banghead:

OMG not here:goofy the BOS guys are almost ready to lynch the developers:stunned: What will become of our volunteer's making it better if they can't delievery in 2-3 months:smash:;;)

ivo
Nov-05-2013, 13:38
Ok many tanks for your best work...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: