PDA

View Full Version : Static campaign - the number of kills, etc.

Buffin
Oct-26-2013, 07:04
Hi, is there any program or file for a static campaign, where I displayed the number of victories, destroyed ground targets, etc.? It's still a lot of campaigns from different people and I want to create my own ... planning something for the future of statistics each static campaign? Thank you.

bolox
Oct-26-2013, 07:51
To display 'scores' of a static campaign you will need to do something with scripting- a look at the 2 REDUX campaign scripts would probably be a good start.
Unfortunately there will be an element of 'customizing' these scripts to work with your particular campaign
A somewhat logical thought process and some persistence in testing are really the only requirements (notepad++ or visual studio are a good idea for actual editing).

Genearally campaigns that keep scores write the total kills (or whatever) to a small text file kept in the 'mydocs' area, but there is no 'standard' way of doing this, it's individual choice as to how to do this.
There are also some 'idiosyncrasies' with CoD's scoring system:- sometimes you will not be credited with a kill if plane crashes into water, you also get credited with a kill if you damage a plane in any way and it is subsequently destroyed.
There is also a difference in how static objects and AI objects are counted- see Luft REDUX ground attack scripts for instance.

Dunno if any of this is of any use to you?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30017

Hope this is of some use, and good luck with writing a campaign

Buffin
Oct-26-2013, 08:10
Thank you for your reply and link. It would be super for each created a static campaign.