PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Missions

III./ZG76_Keller
Sep-27-2011, 21:22
While the sunrise missions look great and really add to the feel, I can't help but mention that for me it severely affects the view distance bug. I'll fly a BF 110 towards the bomber formations that the radar calls out but I never see them. Then I think I see them and it turns out to be a formation of ghost planes that just happens to be the same amount of planes at the same altitude that the radar called out.

I played for probably 4 hours tonight and did ok in the daytime mission, once it switched to the sunrise mission I didn't see another enemy plane that I could engage. Two main tanks of a 110 and 3/4 of a tank of gas in a 109 and didn't fire a shot.

I see planes in the distance during the daytime missions, then I lose them when I start to get close, they only reappear just as the dots begin to take the shape of an aircraft. This I have learned to deal with since the Beta patch. In the sunrise missions I do not see aircraft in the distance as the black dots become white against the morning sky; over land is a bit easier. I only see planes when I am very close to them and when they have changed from dots to aircraft shaped objects.

At one point tonight I was over England and had 3 RAF planes chasing me but luckily I had E advantage over them, once I got far enough away that I was preparing a run; I had lost sight and never saw them again, I just kept climbing so that I didn't get caught. Until they fix this bug I'm afraid I just cannot play the sunrise missions, it’s almost pointless for me. Are any of you guys finding this? There are people complaining about this on the 1C forums so I know I’m not completely alone.

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-28-2011, 16:43
Hi Keller - Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't had a chance to play much as of late. So I've changed 2 out of 3 of the missions to daylight (mid morning)/(early afternoon)/(dusk).

Sadly I screwed up while doing that and instead of 2 in the afternoon for one mission, I made it 2 in the morning :bricks:

Hopefully it's all good now :salute:

ATAG_EvangelusE
Oct-07-2011, 16:27
It's pitch black in the current mission right now, it's unplayable for me and many others given the low numbers - on a Friday evening there are usually a lot of players.