PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns install with TF4.0?

slyarts77
Oct-27-2013, 05:38
Hi all, I am yet to install any new campaign in Clod though now we are at tf4.0 i wondered if there is still an install tool i can use and where to find it?
Or if anyone can give me any help how to manually install new campaigns, i have tried with Hun in the sun but it does not appear in game so something
is not working,

thanks in advance.

bolox
Oct-27-2013, 06:48
Manual install
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=326974&postcount=3

heinkill
Oct-27-2013, 08:26
The REDUX campaigns come with a self installer.

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/2-welcome-mat/1423-where-to-install-heinkill-s-luftwaffe-redux-campaign

dburne
Oct-27-2013, 09:42
slyarts77,

Being new to the campaign thing, I would highly recommend the REDUX campaigns mentioned by heinkill above. He and that team have done an incredible job, as he mentioned it is very easy to install with the self installer, and the campaign is very, very good. He has both a ROF campaign, and a Lutwaffe campaign, so there is something there for whichever side one prefers to fly on, or even flying both.

I am an offline only player currently, and campaigns are what I really prefer, and to date the REDUX are really second to none. Not saying others are not good, they are , but REDUX kind of takes it a step up so to speak.

Have fun!

I_B_Spectre
Oct-27-2013, 11:47
Is it safe to assume the REDUX campaigns are compatible with the latest version of TF (4.0)? I haven't read anything to the contrary, but I just want to make sure. I'm looking forward to these heralded improvements over the stock campaigns. Thanks so much for your work, team!

dburne
Oct-27-2013, 11:54
Is it safe to assume the REDUX campaigns are compatible with the latest version of TF (4.0)? I haven't read anything to the contrary, but I just want to make sure. I'm looking forward to these heralded improvements over the stock campaigns. Thanks so much for your work, team!

Yes, in fact they were redone just for the TF Mod. After installed, you will see a " For the TF Mod" statement on the campaign screen.

I_B_Spectre
Oct-27-2013, 12:23
Thanks, d.burnette. On my way to download now :thumbsup:

dburne
Oct-27-2013, 13:15
Thanks, d.burnette. On my way to download now :thumbsup:

Your very welcome, get ready for some serious fun. If you need any assistance don't hesitate to ask.

I_B_Spectre
Oct-27-2013, 23:40
After an effortless install of both the RAF and Luft Redux campaigns, I have been having a ball! So far, I've only been progressing through the RAF campaign, but I can readily see the vast improvement over the stock version. It is much more immersive, challenging and exciting than that which came with the game. I like the in-mission feedback on how the battle is progressing. Back in the day, I used to do a lot of co-op mission building for IL-2, so I have a great appreciation for what the Redux team has brought to this sim. Thank you, team, for your selfless contribution in making CloD enjoyable than ever. You guys rock! :thumbsup:

slyarts77
Oct-28-2013, 11:20
Thanks all, more info than i could throw a stick at.:-)

I_B_Spectre
Nov-01-2013, 12:22
So far, I am enjoying the RAF Redux campaign immensely and find it a great improvement over the original. I have a couple of questions, though.

First, when I complete a mission with at least one victory and a successful landing back at base, if I have to exit the game it appears my mission is not logged. In other words, the next time I load the campaign, I have to fly the same last mission over. Is it something I am doing incorrectly?

Second, did TF 4.0 remove the modeling of ammo strikes? In the previous version I could see when my rounds hit home and now it is not apparent nor am I seeing the target trailing vapor (i.e., fuel and/or coolant leaks). Please excuse me if this is something I missed in the ReadMe or forum postings.

bolox
Nov-01-2013, 14:04
First, when I complete a mission with at least one victory and a successful landing back at base, if I have to exit the game it appears my mission is not logged. In other words, the next time I load the campaign, I have to fly the same last mission over. Is it something I am doing incorrectly?

This should not be the case- are you clicking next when finish mission? then can exit game.
In theory, if you see the " Good show" message then your scores are added to the campaign total, if you hit back after debrief this will not advance you through to next mission, but 'replays' it

Second, did TF 4.0 remove the modeling of ammo strikes? In the previous version I could see when my rounds hit home and now it is not apparent nor am I seeing the target trailing vapor (i.e., fuel and/or coolant leaks). Please excuse me if this is something I missed in the ReadMe or forum postings.

What level are effects at in video settings? Again this shouldn't be the case, one of the features of TF 4.0 was the 'sparkle' of De Wilde hits

I_B_Spectre
Nov-03-2013, 20:21
bolox, thanks for taking the time to help me sort this out.

I had reduced my effects level to help my aging system's performance. It was set to low, so I bumped it up a notch and now I'm getting the telltale vapor indicating fuel or coolant damage.

I'm still in a bit of a quandary on the other issue. After the "Good Show" message and a successful landing back at base, I wait on the message telling me to press Esc to exit the mission. Once I've done that, it looks like my options are Briefing, Options, Start Recording, Restart, Exit and Fly. At that point I don't get a "Back" button. If I hit "Fly", it puts me back in the cockpit and tells me to press Esc. If I select "Briefing", it gives me the mission briefing that I just flew. I'm reasonably sure if I hit "Restart", I'm destined to fly the same mission again. If I hit "Exit", I get mission statistics and a "Back" button. I'm sure it's something I'm missing, but I'm having difficulty getting it sorted.

Addendum: Okay, I think I got it figured out. I was able to progress to the next mission (got promoted to Flight Leader, too!) and moved on. Prior to that, I was repeating the "Destroyer" mission ad nauseum. I figured it was something I was doing wrong. Thanks for all your help. Having a blast!