PDA

View Full Version : Statistics in online missions: Player behavior

9./JG52_J-HAT
Oct-29-2013, 06:51
Hi all!

I was wondering if it would be possible to keep track of the aircraft position and altitude throughout an specific time period in an online game. Say, like the mini-map icons, which shows every single plane and where they are, where they are at etc. Just easier to work with (as a table, for example).

The idea is to maybe try to map players behavior and optimize mission making. For example, there is a long (and starting to look ugly :D) discussion over at TS / General Discussion talking about players circling airfields.
Would it then be possible to use these statistics to actually see what players do in the missions?
Do they go to the targets? How many do that? How many go to different targets? How many defend the targets? How many actually "camp" around their spawn base? How many head to France from England?

I will try recording a track for some 30 minutes and then play it with mini-map icons on. But something one can work with quickier, like a table, would sure be better. Imaging watching a 4 hour mission on different occasions...even with time compressing it would still take a long time.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-29-2013, 15:14
Once you process the trk through the track conversion utility, the "Track Editor" link on top of the forum (for those who have requested acess and it was alredy granted) you can see externals and activate the icons on your own.

Salmo
Oct-29-2013, 16:38
It's possible to track aircraft movements with a script that writes the aircraft position to mission file as waypoints. That way the mission could then be loaded into FMB. This will give you a visual representation of aircraft movements.

Roblex
Oct-29-2013, 17:36
There used to be a player written utility for IL2 that would produce a diagram with all the players routes and important events marked on the map Damned if I can remember what it was called :D

9./JG52_J-HAT
Oct-30-2013, 18:14
Thanks for the inputs. I will take a look at this track editor.

Salmo, how does this script work? Is it something that is readly available or needs to be programmed?
As I said, I think such an analysis would help mission builders to better take some decisions.

There used to be a player written utility for IL2 that would produce a diagram with all the players routes and important events marked on the map Damned if I can remember what it was called :D

I think that would be the best, more straight forward way to analyse behavior in missions, including different timezones and days of the week. If only you could remember the name! :) I don't know what it was, sadly.